Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Old Mar 31st 2008, 7:56 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Originally Posted by jacqandy
I LIVED IN FAREHAM ALL MY LIFE APART FROM LAST YEAR AND A HALF
That`s nothing to SHOUT about. ;-))
Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

jamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud ofjamesf has much to be proud of

Hey everyone.

Jon and kath, thx for the kind words. I'm really happy with esuri, I know it will take ages but I think it will get there!

In my quest to make esuri a home from home can anyone tell me where I can buy a simple cycle? Nowt flash just one that will get me round.

Thinking hybrid or mouintain bike.

There's got to be somewhere nearby.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:37 pm
Banned

JAG SIDHU has a spectacular aura aboutJAG SIDHU has a spectacular aura aboutJAG SIDHU has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by jamesf
Hey everyone.

Jon and kath, thx for the kind words. I'm really happy with esuri, I know it will take ages but I think it will get there!

In my quest to make esuri a home from home can anyone tell me where I can buy a simple cycle? Nowt flash just one that will get me round.

Thinking hybrid or mouintain bike.

There's got to be somewhere nearby.
Carrefour in Cartaya or Huelva, you can generally pick up a 'mountain bike' for less than 100€.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 5:06 am
Forum Regular

Graham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to all

Took this picture late yesterday just after a tollbooth had been installed on the Portuguese side of the bridge as you arrive into their country. It’s free to get back from Portugal into Spain but the charge for entering Portugal is as listed:-

All Lorries €10 including driver

Cars €5 + €2 euros per person (4 people = €13) or £10

Motor bikes €2

If you are not prepared to pay there is a turning area just in front of the border guards building on the right. Who owns the bridge anyway Spain or Portugal? There was no advance warning of this as we crossed back after a terrific meal at Infante. Looks like restaurant trips to Tavira and Villa Real are going to be more expensive unless we go over by ferry. The guy in the booth we recognised as one of those parking attendants normally seen down by the marina in Ayamonte. Guess this is seen as a promotion.
B---ards!! :curse: Will this make us review our travel arrangements and make flights into Seville more cost effective?

There is a sign above the gantry that reads:-

Si crees que no has recordado la fecha. Abril tonto”

Are there any translators out there?

Cheers……………………Graham

Attached Thumbnails COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-toll_booth.jpg  
Old Apr 1st 2008, 5:52 am
Forum Regular

derek and margaret is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Graham G

Took this picture late yesterday just after a tollbooth had been installed on the Portuguese side of the bridge as you arrive into their country. It’s free to get back from Portugal into Spain but the charge for entering Portugal is as listed:-

Motor bikes €2

If you are not prepared to pay there is a turning area just in front of the border guards building on the right. Who owns the bridge anyway Spain or Portugal? There was no advance warning of this as we crossed back after a terrific meal at Infante. Looks like restaurant trips to Tavira and Villa Real are going to be more expensive unless we go over by ferry. The guy in the booth we recognised as one of those parking attendants normally seen down by the marina in Ayamonte. Guess this is seen as a promotion.
B---ards!! :curse: Will this make us review our travel arrangements and make flights into Seville more cost effective?

Cheers……………………Graham

Please say this is an April fool!!!!!
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:14 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Hola! (whispered)
Headache?
Glad you are enjoying your stay in CE.

John&Kath posted recently on the current problems being faced by some Fadesa buyers and plot owners, which I feel has helped me to understand a bit of what they might be worrying about. In a perfect world, these things would not be sent to worry us.
An "upbeat" post is good news, listen & learn from it, & celebrate it.
A "downbeat" post is not necessarily "bad" news; it's shared and lessons can be learned from it, too.
(That's the roller-coaster ride effect referred to by derek and margaret, I think.)
Is ridicule of either type of post beneficial? No, IMO.
Should censorship of positive or negative posts be allowed? No. You'd have a blank page.

Now, what's this latest chismis regarding Chris? I'm guessing something to do with futbol?

Regards,
Carol
Thanks everybody for the kind words. We are really having fun here and 'setting up' amazingly quickly. Although the head seems a bit sore often. The bar staff make a mean margarita for me!! And happy hour, half price and 3 for 2, gets very tempting. We are both doing 'work' and play too.

Also I have to say I am no fan of Fadesa's pre-sales service (as many of you know) - but the after sales team have been very good. We have had some problems - that have been dealt with efficiently and courteously. I think being here and being able to phone / and or see the team, and show them courtesy too, works. They are nice people, as are the people that come in to fix things - they take it in their stride that I dont speak Spanish, and dont take offence. I wish I could say the same thing about the French, who's country we love.

We had the 'censorship' discussion before and I agree, Carol, this is NOT what we want. We learn from both the up and down beat posts, when the objective of the poster is to help out other forum members... and not just have a series of 'bitches'.

Oh well, my wife is having a lie in, Im in the club and in 2 days the real holiday starts. No more settling in/fixing/buying as a friend comes in for a week. Should be fun!

Cheers
Jon (The 'modernian' - as John says )
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:43 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Motor bikes €2

Cheers……………………Graham

For 26.50 Euros you get a little sticker that allows you 6 months usage.... from April 1st each year...

BTW the closest resto to CE (apart from the golf of course) is in Monte Francisco (M-F). Sorry forget the name. (Comedias or Coqueidas or something likethat). Its Luis the owner, fluent French, English etc. Closed Monday. Just cross the bridge, first exit. Head North away from Villa Real, direction Alcoutim, just for a couple of hundred yards. Take the left signed M-F. Immediately there is a roundabout, take 2nd exit (AFTER the one signed M-F). In a hundred yards or so on the left is the resto with a nice terrace.

Best Garlic prawns we have had by far. In Brandy / port sauce. Tapas daily from 10/11am and daily specials for a full meal.

Also for those of you that are here. Tavira is having a gastro-week. Certain restaurnts are having a set menu of special dishes.... pick up a leaflet in Tavira (the tourist info just across the bridge had only1 left, so couldnt give it to us.)

Please also note that nearly every time weve been to Portugal, weve seen police controls stopping people entering Spain (drugs??/dcuments??) So watch that extra drink if you are driving!) So far they havent been there when we returned.

REgards
Jon
Old Apr 1st 2008, 9:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
For 26.50 Euros you get a little sticker that allows you 6 months usage.... from April 1st each year...

BTW the closest resto to CE (apart from the golf of course) is in Monte Francisco (M-F). Sorry forget the name. (Comedias or Coqueidas or something likethat). Its Luis the owner, fluent French, English etc. Closed Monday. Just cross the bridge, first exit. Head North away from Villa Real, direction Alcoutim, just for a couple of hundred yards. Take the left signed M-F. Immediately there is a roundabout, take 2nd exit (AFTER the one signed M-F). In a hundred yards or so on the left is the resto with a nice terrace.

Best Garlic prawns we have had by far. In Brandy / port sauce. Tapas daily from 10/11am and daily specials for a full meal.

Also for those of you that are here. Tavira is having a gastro-week. Certain restaurnts are having a set menu of special dishes.... pick up a leaflet in Tavira (the tourist info just across the bridge had only1 left, so couldnt give it to us.)

Please also note that nearly every time weve been to Portugal, weve seen police controls stopping people entering Spain (drugs??/dcuments??) So watch that extra drink if you are driving!) So far they havent been there when we returned.

REgards
Jon
Hi John,

Luis used to run the La Lota in Ayamonte but when it moved down to Canela Marina he did not go with it and dropped off the radar for a while.

I found him again when I popped over in December for a couple of days and he recognised me straight away and said he would prepare my favorite from the Lota a large pork chop it was better than ever. I took Kath for lunch in January an he did a super selection of Tapas. Then last month he did us the prawns in garlic and they were superb. It is in the front of the Sports Club and is called Campesino brilliant!

Regards,

John.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 9:54 am
Luz Living

Michaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant future

John, Yours was taken on 31st, Nice stonework and your pool will take some filling.
Ray yours was taken on 21st.

Enjoy
Michael H
Attached Thumbnails COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-ray.jpg   COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-john.jpg  
Old Apr 1st 2008, 11:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Originally Posted by Michaelh
John, Yours was taken on 31st, Nice stonework and your pool will take some filling.
Ray yours was taken on 21st.

Enjoy
Michael H
Thanks Michael looks as though it was taken early in the day from the shadows in the basement.

Love the bendy lampost in front right of Rays place.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

marisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Graham
"if you think that you haven't remembered the date. April fool" as you can see, this sentence has not meaning even in Spanish, at least for me.

regards,
marisol
Old Apr 1st 2008, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marisol
Hello Graham
"if you think that you haven't remembered the date. April fool" as you can see, this sentence has not meaning even in Spanish, at least for me.

regards,
marisol
Hola! marisol,
1st of April (April 1st) is April Fools' Day in UK, USA, and elsewhere. Equivalent to Spain's Dia de inocentes, which, if I can remember, is on 28th December?
Regards,
Carol
P.S. Have a look at Ragomuffin's ASDA thread! (is it true?)
Old Apr 1st 2008, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Could anyone please send me the contact details to hire a bicycle from the business located at the RagoII apartments? Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Carol
Old Apr 1st 2008, 3:15 pm
Luz Living

Michaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant futureMichaelh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Thanks Michael looks as though it was taken early in the day from the shadows in the basement.

Love the bendy lampost in front right of Rays place.
Lampost is straight it was just the wide angle lens pulling it into the photo
Old Apr 1st 2008, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

marisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Hola! marisol,
1st of April (April 1st) is April Fools' Day in UK, USA, and elsewhere. Equivalent to Spain's Dia de inocentes, which, if I can remember, is on 28th December?
Regards,
Carol
P.S. Have a look at Ragomuffin's ASDA thread! (is it true?)
Hello Carol,
Therefore, it did mean something

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.