Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

The 'IDIOTS' guide to 'Attaching Docs to Online Application'

The 'IDIOTS' guide to 'Attaching Docs to Online Application'

Old Dec 3rd 2007, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

Popsicals will become famous soon enoughPopsicals will become famous soon enough
Default The 'IDIOTS' guide to 'Attaching Docs to Online Application'

Hey all

Stayed up to the 'wee small hours' completing online application. Hubby is scanning all the evidence today (and looks like he is gonna have some fun reducing size of files, etc ).

We have saved the app form and we need to check and send it. Does anyone know if I send it first, do they issue a TRN number so I can attach the documents or is there some way to attach them to he application prior to sending. I had assumed you added them after the application sent (and that sending the app activates the TRN number which allows for docs to be attached - if that makes sense )??? Also, the passport photies - do I just scan them or do the originals have to be sent??? I phones Aus last night and there was some confusion and he said we COULD post ALL our evidence - I worry about how this would find its way to our application!!!??? And, if it has an implication on timelines, etc!!!

Any bit of information would be appreciated.

Thanks loads and heres to good news in the post for peeps today

Am off to work on community shift now - hope its a good day......

P xxxxx
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

naveenbabuk is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The 'IDIOTS' guide to 'Attaching Docs to Online Application'

Hi,

On successfull credit card payment you will get TRN and using TRN you have to upload the documents. I have taken Passport photos using my digital camera and uploaded them. Good luck with your application.

Cheers
Naveen
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 8:19 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

You COULD send the photos or any other evidence on paper, BUT that would cost you in postage, time for that to get there and more time for that to get scanned into their system by someone on the other end. If you are willing to forgo more waiting, then you COULD indeed send it on paper.
NJ
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

AHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud of

Once you've paid by credit card the system will generate a TRN (Transaction Reference Number). You'll get a list of options for saving/printing your application and so on. One of those options will be to attach documents.

By the way, I suggest your husband saves his scanned documents as .pdf. If you don't have pdf creation software there is plenty to download from the net. Make sure all your files are less than 1mb in size. You might have to reduce the resolution on your scanner, but they won't upload otherwise.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 9:04 pm
Top Dog

sniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to all

Originally Posted by AHamm
Once you've paid by credit card the system will generate a TRN (Transaction Reference Number). You'll get a list of options for saving/printing your application and so on. One of those options will be to attach documents.

By the way, I suggest your husband saves his scanned documents as .pdf. If you don't have pdf creation software there is plenty to download from the net. Make sure all your files are less than 1mb in size. You might have to reduce the resolution on your scanner, but they won't upload otherwise.
save as jpeg - no special software need and resolution is fine with very small files
Old Dec 4th 2007, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

steve_and_gill will become famous soon enoughsteve_and_gill will become famous soon enough

As said, it appears that after you submit the application you get a TRN with that you can use the link sent to upload documents.
https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/visas/a...N&group=travel

or this one to check status

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquiry...o?action=eVisa

About 1MB is max size you upload, we found that items such as passports go above that because of the complex image.

I'd suggest that scanning your passport photo might be a bit pointless, just take a passport type photo on your digi camera and attach that, the quality won't be doubtful and it will be easier to produce IMO. This is what we plan to do this week.

A word of caution though about the online doc attachment process. It appears that once you put it in, you can't get it out, so make treble sure that you get the right items.
Could be very embarrassing
Old Dec 4th 2007, 11:03 pm
Forum Regular

Popsicals will become famous soon enoughPopsicals will become famous soon enough

Thanks for this. My hubby knew about a fab website called downloads.com which has allowed us to compress the docs we had free of charge - so all done on the free programme called reacompressor. We had no problems uploading (other than severe boredom and now have white spots in front of my eyes from the reflection of the computer screen! ) If anyone wants to know how to use it I have done a step by step guide on the post 'We've just sent our visa!!!', which may or may not be of use???

We knew nothing yesterday and with the fab help and support from BE we have successfully (we think ) submitted app and documents/evidence. Thankyou guys