Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

Old Nov 27th 2007, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

pomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of light
Default 5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

Can somebody please clarify whether or not we have to invest $100,000 dollars into the country or not we are confused

Our agent had advised us back in May to go down this route to get an extra 5points on the visa application allowing us qualification for the 136 MODL.

Today i spoke to our agent for the first time in a while and ive been told certain states have dropped this investment bond however there was no detail from South Australia where we are heading so can anyone throw some light on this for us please?

Also do we still get the 5 points from the original application as its not our fault they may or may not have withrawn this option????

The main application was submitted in July

Thanks Pomerz
Old Nov 27th 2007, 7:39 pm
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 5 points for Investement Bond withdrawn Sept 07??

Originally Posted by pomerz
Can somebody please clarify whether or not we have to invest $100,000 dollars into the country or not we are confused

Our agent had advised us back in May to go down this route to get an extra 5points on the visa application allowing us qualification for the 136 MODL.

Today i spoke to our agent for the first time in a while and ive been told certain states have dropped this investment bond however there was no detail from South Australia where we are heading so can anyone throw some light on this for us please?

Also do we still get the 5 points from the original application as its not our fault they may or may not have withrawn this option????

The main application was submitted in July

Thanks Pomerz
Yes, DIAC withdrew the option to get 5 extra points Via an investment bond in the Septempber 2007 changes, however if you applied for a 136 before September 2007 you should be OK for the points. Not sure how the investment thing would work though if the states no longer back it.

Last edited by ex_exile; Nov 27th 2007 at 7:43 pm.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 8:25 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, as far as I'm aware you could claim the 5 points by investing $100,000AUD if you submitted your 136 visa application before Sept 1st, which you did
Your case officer should request this investment from you shortly before your visa is granted (assuming you have passed all the visa criteria) and then you decide where to invest the money, pay them, then prove to your CO that you have paid in full. If certain states have withdrawn this option, then I assume you will have to invest in one of the remaining ones instead.
Hope this helps,
Beth x x
Old Nov 27th 2007, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Hi, as far as I'm aware you could claim the 5 points by investing $100,000AUD if you submitted your 136 visa application before Sept 1st, which you did
Your case officer should request this investment from you shortly before your visa is granted (assuming you have passed all the visa criteria) and then you decide where to invest the money, pay them, then prove to your CO that you have paid in full. If certain states have withdrawn this option, then I assume you will have to invest in one of the remaining ones instead.
Hope this helps,
Beth x x
you never had to invest in the state you were moving to, so even if SA have withdrawn theirs you'll be ok.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 8:33 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hereshoping
you never had to invest in the state you were moving to, so even if SA have withdrawn theirs you'll be ok.
Yes....you decide where to invest your money.......but obviously if some states are withdrawing this option there will be less choice. As hereshopping said, you don't have to invest in the state you are moving to.
Beth x x
Old Nov 27th 2007, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

pomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks people my agent said 3 of 6 had withdrawn the investement and the 3 remaining had yet to reply to the question so i suppose we will just sit tight, good to hear we may still be able to claim either way though

Cheers
pomerz
Old Nov 27th 2007, 9:42 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks people my agent said 3 of 6 had withdrawn the investement and the 3 remaining had yet to reply to the question so i suppose we will just sit tight, good to hear we may still be able to claim either way though

Cheers
pomerz
Hi Pomerz,

WA dropped out of the scheme in June or July and others are following however afaik the NT is still participating as they're accepting a statutory deposit from one of our clients today. There is a massive issue with the scheme unfortunately since there seems to have been some fraud associated with the National Australia Bank here issuing undocumented loans and that may explain the delay in getting replies. I would be ringing the relevant treasuries and I would do it soon. If none of the treasuries are co-operating then you can't score the 5 points.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Nov 28th 2007, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

Jag Khairra is just really niceJag Khairra is just really niceJag Khairra is just really niceJag Khairra is just really niceJag Khairra is just really niceJag Khairra is just really niceJag Khairra is just really niceJag Khairra is just really nice

Hi George,

Where can I check if VIC is participating or not with $100k investment? I might have a client going through that route if he doesnt score required level of English. It is a pre-Sept application.

Cheers,

Jag
Old Nov 28th 2007, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

Jaidee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi we recently lodged our investment bond with South Australia without any problems. Their rate was good too.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 10:32 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jagkhairra
Hi George,

Where can I check if VIC is participating or not with $100k investment? I might have a client going through that route if he doesnt score required level of English. It is a pre-Sept application.

Cheers,

Jag
Hi Jag,

Personally I would use the contact details in Booklet 6.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Nov 28th 2007, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

marwood is a jewel in the roughmarwood is a jewel in the roughmarwood is a jewel in the roughmarwood is a jewel in the roughmarwood is a jewel in the rough

We applied in July, received Ack, just completed meds and awaiting pccs. We need the 5 points for investment to meet the 120 point requirement. Is there a danger that this option could be closed off if trend for states opting out of the scheme continues and there's no where left to invest the money? Hopefully it won't come to that (surely someone wants our money!!) but seems unfair to move the goalposts in the middle of the game.

Someone reassure me. Please!
Old Nov 28th 2007, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

Brisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the roughBrisbound is a jewel in the rough

Hi marwood

I am in the same boat, I appreciate if some experts or knowledgeable persons shed more light on this issue.

Is it possible that all states decide to turn down the migration investment capital? I have thought before that such scenario will not happen. DIMIA say nothing about the outcome in this case.

If yes, I would say that the migration process is not transparent and unfair. Why should someone count on the 5 points bonus (investment capital), submits the skilled migration application, undergoes the medical check-up and suddenly all states decide to turn down the migration investment capital.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by marwood
We applied in July, received Ack, just completed meds and awaiting pccs. We need the 5 points for investment to meet the 120 point requirement. Is there a danger that this option could be closed off if trend for states opting out of the scheme continues and there's no where left to invest the money? Hopefully it won't come to that (surely someone wants our money!!) but seems unfair to move the goalposts in the middle of the game.

Someone reassure me. Please!
Old Nov 28th 2007, 7:21 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

Originally Posted by Brisbound
Hi marwood

I am in the same boat, I appreciate if some experts or knowledgeable persons shed more light on this issue.

Is it possible that all states decide to turn down the migration investment capital? I have thought before that such scenario will not happen. DIMIA say nothing about the outcome in this case.

If yes, I would say that the migration process is not transparent and unfair. Why should someone count on the 5 points bonus (investment capital), submits the skilled migration application, undergoes the medical check-up and suddenly all states decide to turn down the migration investment capital.

Thanks.
Dear M and B,

There is no indication that all the treasuries are dropping out. However if the scheme is badly affected by the alleged fraud described in http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=495035 then there might be changes. Your 5 points depends on the co-operation of one of the designated treasuries. This is just the law. DIAC doesn't care. However as I mentioned to Jag it's possible to contact all the designated treasuries and confirm their current policy and, importantly, make sure you know who will give the best interest rate. If there's only one treasury participating then I'm sure the interest rate will trend towards zero :-(

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Nov 29th 2007, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

George Thanks for the advice.

I had asked my agent originally how this was paid how it was traced and then how it was returned.

This was in light of such a large investment to a body i knew nothing about so im even more worried when you mention the 'F' word (fraud). My agent had told me the goalposts couldnt be moved and the 5 points would still be awarded as it wasnt our fault as stated by a previous post that the rules had changed post application.

If indeed we cant claim those 5 points we cant have the visa due to the fact we now amass only 115 points

All really concerning at the minute so i think i need to contact my people tomorrow to find out if we have a plan B.

Any further thoughts people ?
Old Nov 29th 2007, 9:12 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Thanks for the advice.

I had asked my agent originally how this was paid how it was traced and then how it was returned.

This was in light of such a large investment to a body i knew nothing about so im even more worried when you mention the 'F' word (fraud). My agent had told me the goalposts couldnt be moved and the 5 points would still be awarded as it wasnt our fault as stated by a previous post that the rules had changed post application.

If indeed we cant claim those 5 points we cant have the visa due to the fact we now amass only 115 points

All really concerning at the minute so i think i need to contact my people tomorrow to find out if we have a plan B.

Any further thoughts people ?
Hi Pomerz,

Talk to agent. Withdrawal of all the treasuries is really a worst case scenario.

Obvious plan B is to lodge another application using the IELTS option for 25 English points. Marks are deducted for spelling and punctuation but not neatness afaik :-)

If age or other points issues are against you then plan C is to use your MODL occupation for an STNI nomination if you're going to SA - a 136 application is also a 137 application so there's still time.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Last edited by George Lombard; Nov 29th 2007 at 9:15 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.