Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne Christmas Curry

Melbourne Christmas Curry

Old Nov 18th 2007, 7:39 am
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Melbourne Christmas Curry

Anyone fancy a Christmas Curry with all the trimmings - Poppadoms, Mango chutney, and a bit of Mistletoe ?

I reckon around the 15th ...though we'll have to book fairly early - ie in the next couple of weeks at the latest.
The CBD or roundabout is central to everyone, and ...though I'd suggest NOT The Bhoj - as the service is far from brilliant, and it's pretty pricey.

Takers please sign below.
Old Nov 18th 2007, 9:53 am
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Melbourne Christmas Curry

Originally Posted by Weirdstone
Anyone fancy a Christmas Curry with all the trimmings - Poppadoms, Mango chutney, and a bit of Mistletoe ?

I reckon around the 15th ...though we'll have to book fairly early - ie in the next couple of weeks at the latest.
The CBD or roundabout is central to everyone, and ...though I'd suggest NOT The Bhoj - as the service is far from brilliant, and it's pretty pricey.

There is another Melbourne christmas do proposed for the 15th by Shazmac.

What about the week before ?
Old Nov 18th 2007, 10:06 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Probably.
Old Nov 18th 2007, 10:08 am
Australian Citizen

Originally Posted by fraser
Probably.
Not good enough ...both of you ?

Are you volunteering to organise it?
Old Nov 18th 2007, 10:10 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Just me and no......probably

You ok mate?
Old Nov 18th 2007, 10:13 am
Australian Citizen

Originally Posted by fraser
Just me and no......probably

You ok mate?
Hot and sticky, but good - you ??

I'll do it - and put your name down.
Old Nov 18th 2007, 10:16 am

Same, had a nice day out with the crow and lor
Old Nov 19th 2007, 1:14 am
Just Joined

Steve_Tanuja is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi (Just repeating what I've posted on the Christmas nite out thread),

We moved to Melbourne just over a year ago and found out about British Expats yesterday, not that we're slow off the mark :O

We would have loved to come to a Christmas nite out, but we have tickets for Spamalot for the 15th, but we're always up for a curry night out, as long as we can get a babysitter (we have a 5 year old who starts prep in Jan)

I do have a quick question, I tried to register from home and was told that our ISP (Bigpond) was on the banned list. Is there a way around this?

Tanuja
Old Nov 19th 2007, 1:43 am
Australian Citizen

Originally Posted by Steve_Tanuja
Hi (Just repeating what I've posted on the Christmas nite out thread),

We moved to Melbourne just over a year ago and found out about British Expats yesterday, not that we're slow off the mark :O

We would have loved to come to a Christmas nite out, but we have tickets for Spamalot for the 15th, but we're always up for a curry night out, as long as we can get a babysitter (we have a 5 year old who starts prep in Jan)

I do have a quick question, I tried to register from home and was told that our ISP (Bigpond) was on the banned list. Is there a way around this?

Tanuja
Oh not sure about the last bit ...perhaps post it in the Lab bit of the site..

Welcome to the forum ... hope you're enjoying life here
We have been up the road from you for the last 3 years

Let me know asap please
Old Nov 19th 2007, 2:48 am
Just Joined

Oh not sure about the last bit ...perhaps post it in the Lab bit of the site..

Welcome to the forum ... hope you're enjoying life here
We have been up the road from you for the last 3 years

Let me know asap please
We are enjoying ourselves, inspite of the crazy year we've just had, which culminated in us buying a house and settling on the 31st October (hurrah!)

I'll check out the Lab bit of the site and see what we can do.

Were you looking at moving the curry night to the 8th? If so, I'll get a babysitter organised and we'll say yes, if not, then we'll plan on meeting you at the next curry night.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 2:52 am
Australian Citizen

Originally Posted by Steve_Tanuja
We are enjoying ourselves, inspite of the crazy year we've just had, which culminated in us buying a house and settling on the 31st October (hurrah!)

I'll check out the Lab bit of the site and see what we can do.

Were you looking at moving the curry night to the 8th? If so, I'll get a babysitter organised and we'll say yes, if not, then we'll plan on meeting you at the next curry night.
Yes...looking at that

We're down the road from you ... we could always meet for a coffee sometime - Glenhuntly Road, or Centre Road - if you fancy it and have time.
If not...then see you at the curry
Old Nov 19th 2007, 3:11 am
Just Joined

Yes...looking at that

We're down the road from you ... we could always meet for a coffee sometime - Glenhuntly Road, or Centre Road - if you fancy it and have time.
If not...then see you at the curry
Coffee on the Glenhuntly road or Centre Road sounds like a good idea.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 3:33 am
Just Joined

Emmanuel20 will become famous soon enough

Hi,

Wow, 2 in one day!
As i said on the previous note abt a xmas get together on the 15th, I came on this site to see if there were any gatherings in Melbourne and lo and behold there are two!
Unfortunately both on the same night!

My girlfriend and I moved to Melbourne from the UK on the 26/10, a week in Sydney revisiting the sites and now firmly established here in Melbourne and phew what a scorcher its been this last week (not including today's downpour!)

Anyway don't know if another night has been booked for the curry, or are both events still conflicting?
Not having much of a social circle yet (obviously) would love to go to both..........
Old Nov 21st 2007, 3:48 am
disability worker

shazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond repute

There is another Melbourne christmas do proposed for the 15th by Shazmac.

What about the week before ?

Thanks cas for changing the date i know i would lose hands down against a curry nite
Old Nov 25th 2007, 1:45 am
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there

If the Curry Night is still on for the 8th then you can put down for another 4 - me and OH and Technofreak and OH.

Byeeeee
Kim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.