Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Beware those with a lead foot!!! Speed Cameras

Beware those with a lead foot!!! Speed Cameras

Old Nov 16th 2007, 5:42 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Beware those with a lead foot!!! Speed Cameras

FW: Fixed speed camera locations (Brisbane)

It has been revealed to Roadsmart the locations of the first fixed speed cameras in Queensland. Police have said that these locations have been chosen specifically due to the fact that they are not safe locations to have police, or police in vehicles operating the mobile cameras.

The first of three trial fixed speed cameras will be positioned on the

Tarragindi off-ramp (M1) on Brisbane's Southside, another along the

Bruce Highway at Burpengary and on the

east-side of the Story Bridge targeting vehicles traveling from both directions.
Old Nov 16th 2007, 6:13 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all
Default Re: Beware those with a lead foot!!! Speed Cameras

Read somewhere online today that someone had their speeding fine thrown out of court because they asked the police to prove that the photo hadn't been manipulated digitally... which they couldn't. So it could prove to be a good defence.
Old Nov 16th 2007, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by Stormz
Read somewhere online today that someone had their speeding fine thrown out of court because they asked the police to prove that the photo hadn't been manipulated digitally... which they couldn't. So it could prove to be a good defence.
With these been fixed cameras and not the 4 wheel drives or vans probably easier for them to say photo is as is.
Old Nov 16th 2007, 11:32 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau

It has been revealed to Roadsmart the locations of the first fixed speed cameras in Queensland. Police have said that these locations have been chosen specifically due to the fact that they are not safe locations to have police, or police in vehicles operating the mobile cameras.

The first of three trial fixed speed cameras will be positioned on the

Tarragindi off-ramp (M1) on Brisbane's Southside, another along the

Bruce Highway at Burpengary and on the

east-side of the Story Bridge targeting vehicles traveling from both directions.
Good Onya, heard the news this morning and had a farting session when they announced where, and missed it lol
Old Nov 16th 2007, 11:46 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

This should read "Fixed Revenue Raising Devices" (Brisbane)? Police need to increase funding for Christmas party.

Seriously, apparently they wanted to keep it secret, but it was leaked by a staffer in the Dept of Transport.
PS, stick the list on OH's windscreen.

Last edited by The Bloke; Nov 16th 2007 at 11:49 pm.
Old Nov 17th 2007, 12:50 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I recently got a radar detector. It picks up multanovas about 150m before so easy to slow down in time. Radars mounted on police cars are detected about 2-3kms before. It also picks up up handheld lasers.

So now I can drive at decent speeds without getting caught. Choice.

Before anyone asks - they are legal in WA.
Old Nov 17th 2007, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Good Onya, heard the news this morning and had a farting session when they announced where, and missed it lol
The Story Bridge we can figure out with ease as think we'll spot the bridge if nothing else but wonder where the Burpengary one is will have to keep an eye out... first one to spot it wins a prize.

Bet it's not going to be painted yellow like the UK one... there's your other half having a longer drive to school now as Bruce will back up for a few K's now where it is.
Old Nov 17th 2007, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by The Bloke
This should read "Fixed Revenue Raising Devices" (Brisbane)? Police need to increase funding for Christmas party. Seriously, apparently they wanted to keep it secret, but it was leaked by a staffer in the Dept of Transport. PS, stick the list on OH's windscreen.
If they really wanted us to drive safely they would tell us.

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I recently got a radar detector. It picks up multanovas about 150m before so easy to slow down in time. Radars mounted on police cars are detected about 2-3kms before. It also picks up up handheld lasers. So now I can drive at decent speeds without getting caught. Choice.
It's nice to level the playing field but I'm sure they are illegal in QLD.
Old Nov 17th 2007, 7:34 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I recently got a radar detector. It picks up multanovas about 150m before so easy to slow down in time. Radars mounted on police cars are detected about 2-3kms before. It also picks up up handheld lasers.

So now I can drive at decent speeds without getting caught. Choice.

GET RID OF IT !!!

I had one, a COBRA

Got stopped, after being chased.... !! NO SHIT

Cop said, Our detetctor has detected you have a detector to detect our detectors.

Ordered me out the vehicle, searched vehicle. Confiscated it, and fined me $260 !!!

Its legal to OWN and BUY and SELL them in Oz, but not LEGAL to use them in a vehicle
Old Nov 17th 2007, 7:52 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

GET RID OF IT !!!

I had one, a COBRA

Got stopped, after being chased.... !! NO SHIT

Cop said, Our detetctor has detected you have a detector to detect our detectors.

Ordered me out the vehicle, searched vehicle. Confiscated it, and fined me $260 !!!

Its legal to OWN and BUY and SELL them in Oz, but not LEGAL to use them in a vehicle
You serious? Are they able to detect that you have one in the car?

I was thinking about getting one for me n the missus after the week we've had - 3 points and $225 for her & 4 points and $250 for me!

Figured they'd be a good investment, what with the slimey underhand tactics of these arsewipes that call themselves coppers out here! You can even see the branches of the bush he was hiding in on my photo!!
Old Nov 17th 2007, 8:06 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
You serious? Are they able to detect that you have one in the car?

I was thinking about getting one for me n the missus after the week we've had - 3 points and $225 for her & 4 points and $250 for me!

Figured they'd be a good investment, what with the slimey underhand tactics of these arsewipes that call themselves coppers out here! You can even see the branches of the bush he was hiding in on my photo!!
I shit ya not mate, they can detetct them.

I bought one off Ebay.

Had it in my triton, tucked just under the GPS. On the windscreen, with the mounting bracket resting on the dash, was so hard to see...

Me and Debs, drove out from Olleys veg on Mt Lindsay Highway, drove past Chambers Flat rd heading north , in amongst 20 other cars, and 2 cops effing about at the junction, with what looked like a theodolite.

Thought no more, carried on driving, and then .. shit.. blue light flashing in behind me, orders me over, and sprinted to the car...

Read all the shit you like, on Radar Detectors, and low level multi beam hand held scatter lasers you like, but the fact is, its not really ever disclosed what technology and equipment the cops really do have to detect you have a radar detector...

Dont get one, the fine is larger than a speeding ticket !!

RE: branches of the bush.. pmsl

Its illegal for a cop to hide, and to try and make himself inconspicuous, they MUST have a sign stating speed camera in use.
Friend of ours works for special task force in cops, not really sure what she does, shes a tad cagey lol.. but she has said you can report the cop, but the issue is.. is it worth it !!
Old Nov 17th 2007, 8:26 pm

I shit ya not mate, they can detetct them.

I bought one off Ebay.

Had it in my triton, tucked just under the GPS. On the windscreen, with the mounting bracket resting on the dash, was so hard to see...

Me and Debs, drove out from Olleys veg on Mt Lindsay Highway, drove past Chambers Flat rd heading north , in amongst 20 other cars, and 2 cops effing about at the junction, with what looked like a theodolite.

Thought no more, carried on driving, and then .. shit.. blue light flashing in behind me, orders me over, and sprinted to the car...

Read all the shit you like, on Radar Detectors, and low level multi beam hand held scatter lasers you like, but the fact is, its not really ever disclosed what technology and equipment the cops really do have to detect you have a radar detector...

Dont get one, the fine is larger than a speeding ticket !!

RE: branches of the bush.. pmsl

Its illegal for a cop to hide, and to try and make himself inconspicuous, they MUST have a sign stating speed camera in use.
Friend of ours works for special task force in cops, not really sure what she does, shes a tad cagey lol.. but she has said you can report the cop, but the issue is.. is it worth it !!
I would LOVE to question the legality of it but like you say, is it worth it? We were coming back from Toowoomba on the Warrego highway. No traffic for miles, 100KPH limit on a dual carriageway with bushes down the median. Saw a servo approaching in the distance, thought nowt of it. Drove past servo and saw copper at last minute, hid in bushes on median opposite servo. Said to the missus, oh we are OK we are doing 100KPH - the speed limit. Thought nothing more of it til about quarter of a K onwards when we saw 100KPH speed sign. Then twigged that the speed limit must have reduced for a few hundred yards because of the servo Turns out, it was..reduced to 80! Buggered if I saw a sign telling me that though! There were CERTAINLY no signs saying 'speed camera' in use! In fact have never seen one when we see the coppers using speed cameras.

I tell ya mate - the roads here really grip my sheet! Driving down to Pimpama yesters on the Pacific - in the space of approx half a KM, we went from 110 to 100, down to 80, back to 110 then back to freakin 80 again, before the roadworks (that were right OFF to the side with NO-ONE working there and causing NO obstruction to ANYONE) came to an end!!! Oh, and to top it all off the copper was there in his Landcruiser 'hidden in the frikkin bushes' again to the left - his usual spot down that way!! Makes my blood boil! How the **** are you supposed to drive safely when you have to keep adjusting your speed like that? Bloody car thought it was a kangaroo - up, down, up, down!!!!

Last edited by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer; Nov 17th 2007 at 8:45 pm.
Old Nov 17th 2007, 8:31 pm

I always thought that Laser Detectors were passive devices? They don't radiate a signal when detecting Laser or even when just on standby. How the heck do the old bill detect em then? Anyone know?
Old Nov 17th 2007, 8:33 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

It's nice to level the playing field but I'm sure they are illegal in QLD.
As far as I know, they are illegal in all states, but are tolerated along with all other illegal modification unless you get caught.
Old Nov 17th 2007, 8:33 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
I would LOVE to question the legality of it but like you say, is it worth it? We were coming back from Toowoomba on the Warrego highway. No traffic for miles, 100KPH limit on a dual carriageway with bushes down the median. Saw a servo approaching in the distance, thought nowt of it. Drove past servo and saw copper at last minute, hid in bushes on median opposite servo. Said to the missus, oh we are OK we are doing 100KPH - the speed limit. Thought nothing more of it til about quarter of a K onwards when we saw 100KPH speed sign. Then twigged that the speed limit must have reduced for a few hundred yards because of the servo Turns out, it was..reduced to 80! Buggered if I saw a sign telling me that though! There were CERTAINLY no signs saying 'speed camera' in use! In fact have never seen one when we see the coppers using speed cameras.

I tell ya mate - the roads here really grip my sheet! Driving down to Pimpama yesters on the Pacific - in the space of approx half a KM, we went from 110 to 100, down to 80, back to 110 then back to freakin 80 again, before the roadworks (that were right OFF to the side with NO-ONE working there and causing NO obstruction to ANYONE) came to an end!!! Makes my blood boil! How the **** are you supposed to drive safely when you have to keep adjusting your speed like that? Bloody car thought it was a kangaroo - up, down, up, down!!!!
pmsl.

The cops have a pathetic little a board sign, about 18 inches sq. They position it the other side of their vehicle, so you dont get warned until after youve been clocked !!!

Make ya laugh this...

Me Debs n Kids driving from North Maclean to Jimboomba, down Beau'y Highway, doin 80 and get closer to the shops... debs says oooh they doin RBT's

SO i stopped at the junction, cops everywhere, he comes over to the car, and i had wondow down...

I leaned out n said, 3 big macs, 2 cokes a thickshake and small fries please.

Smiled and looked at debs, whos face was ashen !!

Cop looked at me, put his hand on his gun, and said Oh a COMEDIAN !! Lets see if your still laughing after you have provided me with some of your WIND!

PMSL .. i shitted myself

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.