IELTS. Help please

Old Oct 29th 2007, 2:21 pm
Banned

romeo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IELTS. Help please

Hi everyone. Great website.

Today I recieved my third IELTS test results. It seems there is a kind of spell on me.
take a look:
first time: L: 6 R:6 W:5 S:6 O:6
Second time: L:6.5 R:6 W:6 S:5.5 O:6
Third time: L:7 R:5.5 W:7 S:7 O:6.5

I have my positive skill assessment from IEAUST. I want to lodge my application for DIAC. (online application). I wanted to know will I be able to provide my latest IELTS test results or should I have all 6 for my skills?
Will I be able to lodge my online application now and provide them with another IELTS test result at a later time?

Any comments would be welcomed.

Thanks
Old Oct 29th 2007, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

iwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to all
Default Re: IELTS. Help please

Originally Posted by romeo

Today I recieved my third IELTS test results. It seems there is a kind of spell on me.
take a look:

I have my positive skill assessment from IEAUST. I want to lodge my application for DIAC. (online application). I wanted to know will I be able to provide my latest IELTS test results or should I have all 6 for my skills?
Will I be able to lodge my online application now and provide them with another IELTS test result at a later time?

Thanks
Hi
Firstly why do you need to take the IELTs is it because you dont score enough points, due to age, or something else, my other half needed a 7 on each of the modules, whatever you need to pass is not overall score it is the score on each module, guess 4th time lucky for you....fingers crossed...
Old Oct 29th 2007, 4:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

take a look:

Thanks

Unless you hold a UK passport (or Irish.NZ,Canadian or USA) if you nominate a non-trades occupation, and are applying for a 175/176 visa, you must prove that you have competent English (a score of at least 6 in each of the four categories of an IELTS test) AT TIME OF APPLICATION. This is nothing to do with your points allocation but is a threshold requirement that has to be met before they even look at your points.

The score for English under the points test is AT TIME OF DECISION. So, if you were turning 45 soon (or some other age that loses you essential points) and you needed 25 points for English, you could lodge a 175/175 application as the holder of one of the above passports or by submitting an IELTS result of at least 6 in each but not 7 in each. You could then later submit an IELTS with a score of at least 7 in each and as long as your points score had not already been assessed, you could score 25 for English in stead of 15. If considering doing this, it would be better to apply via a physical paper application and hold back some essential document like proof of your recent work experience. The on-line applications would be assessed too quickly. By holding back on say the experience proof, DIAC can not assess your points and you can buy some time to submit the required IELTS score.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Oct 30th 2007, 10:08 am
Banned

Originally Posted by welshtony
Unless you hold a UK passport (or Irish.NZ,Canadian or USA) if you nominate a non-trades occupation, and are applying for a 175/176 visa, you must prove that you have competent English (a score of at least 6 in each of the four categories of an IELTS test) AT TIME OF APPLICATION. This is nothing to do with your points allocation but is a threshold requirement that has to be met before they even look at your points.

The score for English under the points test is AT TIME OF DECISION. So, if you were turning 45 soon (or some other age that loses you essential points) and you needed 25 points for English, you could lodge a 175/175 application as the holder of one of the above passports or by submitting an IELTS result of at least 6 in each but not 7 in each. You could then later submit an IELTS with a score of at least 7 in each and as long as your points score had not already been assessed, you could score 25 for English in stead of 15. If considering doing this, it would be better to apply via a physical paper application and hold back some essential document like proof of your recent work experience. The on-line applications would be assessed too quickly. By holding back on say the experience proof, DIAC can not assess your points and you can buy some time to submit the required IELTS score.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896

Wow, That was a lot of information. Thanks a million Mr. Coates. I am from Iran. I would be thankful if you answered one more question. Since I have three IELTS exam results, wont I be able to submit all three TRF's with my online application?

Thanks a lot Tony. Real great help.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, That was a lot of information. Thanks a million Mr. Coates. I am from Iran. I would be thankful if you answered one more question. Since I have three IELTS exam results, wont I be able to submit all three TRF's with my online application?

No, has to be at least a score of 6 in each of the four categories in a single IELTS test. I think you are looking good for a successful fourth attempt.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Oct 30th 2007, 10:53 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Romeo,

How did you qualify for IEAust without a minimum score of 6.0 on an IELTS TRF? Do you have an onshore qualification?

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Oct 30th 2007, 3:55 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by welshtony
No, has to be at least a score of 6 in each of the four categories in a single IELTS test. I think you are looking good for a successful fourth attempt.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Dear Tony:

Thank you very much for your reply. Please pray so i get all 65 this time.

Cheers
Old Oct 30th 2007, 3:57 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Romeo,

How did you qualify for IEAust without a minimum score of 6.0 on an IELTS TRF? Do you have an onshore qualification?

Cheers,

George Lombard
hi George:

Actually I had a great CDR prepared sent along with 2 IELTS report cards. It worked for me.

Regards