Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

suggestion please, we all got mozzy bites, what..

suggestion please, we all got mozzy bites, what..

Old Oct 19th 2007, 2:26 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default suggestion please, we all got mozzy bites, what..

All of us got mozzy bites, any suggestion what to put on it to stop the itchiness, or stop them to bite us, all the bites on my body turning into nasty blister.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

smee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to all
Default Re: suggestion please, we all got mozzy bites, what..

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
All of us got mozzy bites, any suggestion what to put on it to stop the itchiness, or stop them to bite us, all the bites on my body turning into nasty blister.

You might need to go along to your local pharmacy and get some anithistamine, this should reduce the swelling and the itch.
There are thiamine patches available (bit like a nictotine patch), you put them on 2 hours before exposure to mossies. Stay indoors or cover up with loose clothing around sunset when they are at their worst.
Dose up on vitamin B, it takes a while to store up in your system, this will make you less attractive to mossies. I used to be a mossie magnet, even after 34 years of living here they still liked me, since I have taken vitamin supplements (2 years now), I find I don't get bitten nowhere near as much as I did, and if I do get the odd bite I don't react as bad.
I feel for you, they used to keep me awake at night and I would get large swollen welts.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 2:53 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Paraderm Plus is a good one.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 3:52 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smee
You might need to go along to your local pharmacy and get some anithistamine, this should reduce the swelling and the itch.
There are thiamine patches available (bit like a nictotine patch), you put them on 2 hours before exposure to mossies. Stay indoors or cover up with loose clothing around sunset when they are at their worst.
Dose up on vitamin B, it takes a while to store up in your system, this will make you less attractive to mossies. I used to be a mossie magnet, even after 34 years of living here they still liked me, since I have taken vitamin supplements (2 years now), I find I don't get bitten nowhere near as much as I did, and if I do get the odd bite I don't react as bad.
I feel for you, they used to keep me awake at night and I would get large swollen welts.
thanks smee for the advice, I never use to have any problem with mozzy, but now, they find away to bite me, I cover up everything, but now they are biting my fingers, but I will defiantly get the vitamin B supplement.
I was thinking going to the pharmacy but I thought they might think what a baby.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 3:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Paraderm Plus is a good one.
Is it a cream to put over them before or after the bite?
Old Oct 19th 2007, 4:03 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

thanks smee for the advice, I never use to have any problem with mozzy, but now, they find away to bite me, I cover up everything, but now they are biting my fingers, but I will defiantly get the vitamin B supplement.
I was thinking going to the pharmacy but I thought they might think what a baby.
Having suffered terribly since arriving the BEST and I mean the BEST solution I have found has been Avon products[LIST][*]Avon skin so soft body spray[*]Avon Skin so soft bug gurd spray[*]Avon skin so soft Bug guard lotion[*]regular intake of Vitamin B! tabs all summer through[*]avoid eating bananas and Avo's

This has cut down my bites to 3 or 4 last summer
Old Oct 19th 2007, 4:21 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Is it a cream to put over them before or after the bite?
After to stop the itching. Go for Vitamin B which should cut down on getting them in the first place if Paraderm is about the best we've found for stopping the itch.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 4:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

I heard somewhere there banana eaters attract mozzies too. I get bitten a lot more than JTL does and I love bananas but he doesn't. So what I heard must be true.

Mrs JTL
Old Oct 19th 2007, 4:43 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.jnjaust.com.au/products/stingose/
Old Oct 19th 2007, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

smee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
I heard somewhere there banana eaters attract mozzies too. I get bitten a lot more than JTL does and I love bananas but he doesn't. So what I heard must be true.

Mrs JTL
Bananas are high in the B group vitamins, so I tend not to believe it. I eat a banana a day and the mozzies are leaving me alone.

The inside of a banana skin when rubbed over the bite stops it itching.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 5:21 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

My dad used to make a past of sea salt and white vinegar. Rub it on the bite for a minute or so. It stings like hell for the first few seconds, but the salt sort of scratches the bite too.
My daughter is very allergic to mosquito bites and finds herself with a case of cellulitis at least once a year. Funny since we moved here she hasn't had much of a reaction at all. We used to give her Benadryl to help with the itch and of course abx for the infection.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 6:07 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by smee
Bananas are high in the B group vitamins, so I tend not to believe it. I eat a banana a day and the mozzies are leaving me alone.

The inside of a banana skin when rubbed over the bite stops it itching.
Hubby eats a lot of bananas and gets bitten loads. Me and the girls don't eat them and we don't get eaten in return. The idea of rubbing your skin with banana skin makes me heave ever so slightly. Surely the flies would then descend
Old Oct 19th 2007, 6:25 am

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

Marmite.....don't eat it,rub it all over ...it's full of vitamin B
Old Oct 19th 2007, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by >Trigger<
Marmite.....don't eat it,rub it all over ...it's full of vitamin B
funny,
Old Oct 19th 2007, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

I just love banana, no banana's during mozzy season would make me very sad.

I'll be starting them from today my Vitamine B supplement.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.