Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Apr 20th 2008, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all
Smile Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Hi All ,

Not been on for ages so heres a quick update. Well flew out 27th March and been here just over 3 weeks now. All going ok, kids start school on tuesday, i start work on 28th and we move into rental on 3rd May. Lots of stuff very expensive so be warned dont think you can come over with a few grand cause it dont last long!!!!!

Am on the Gold coast and love it here thou, weather very changeable had had heavy rain for 2 days but today is gorgeous. My brother lives about an hrs drive which helps loads just having another family member here is fantastic especially for my 13 yr old son who left all his mates back in the UK.

Still no luck with house have had 1 viewer since we
left which is a bit of a bummer. Am calling the EA weekly to find out what happening. Will leave house on market til end Sept and if not sold will have to put it for rent and then just keep renting here.

Must go am in internet cafe, no internet access at appartment so thats why havent been on here since we flew out.

Oh and must tell you cars are v v v v v v expensive, especially 2nd hand cars, my brother got a Ford Laser 1992 and cost $3500!!!!!!!!!

That says it all

Be on here again soon byyyyyyeeeeeeee
Old Apr 20th 2008, 7:34 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by egghead4
hi ic
any news on your front?
we booked our apartment today for our rekkie, i'm getting really excited now
Hi , no news but changing EA , new guy coming tomorrow .

Think i'l book my vallidation time soon , whens your trip ?
Old Apr 20th 2008, 7:37 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spaceys
Hi All ,

Not been on for ages so heres a quick update. Well flew out 27th March and been here just over 3 weeks now. All going ok, kids start school on tuesday, i start work on 28th and we move into rental on 3rd May. Lots of stuff very expensive so be warned dont think you can come over with a few grand cause it dont last long!!!!!

Am on the Gold coast and love it here thou, weather very changeable had had heavy rain for 2 days but today is gorgeous. My brother lives about an hrs drive which helps loads just having another family member here is fantastic especially for my 13 yr old son who left all his mates back in the UK.

Still no luck with house have had 1 viewer since we
left which is a bit of a bummer. Am calling the EA weekly to find out what happening. Will leave house on market til end Sept and if not sold will have to put it for rent and then just keep renting here.

Must go am in internet cafe, no internet access at appartment so thats why havent been on here since we flew out.

Oh and must tell you cars are v v v v v v expensive, especially 2nd hand cars, my brother got a Ford Laser 1992 and cost $3500!!!!!!!!!

That says it all

Be on here again soon byyyyyyeeeeeeee
Hi , thanks for that update , sounds great & pleased you getting things sorted . yes cars are expensive , but don't devalue as they do here so

keep us up to date on the house front , some of us may be in same boat .

cheers
Old Apr 20th 2008, 11:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the lovely PMs and karma messages. It means a lot that you all care. Sorry if I have been ignoring you, but I had to have some time off the forum to get my head together. We now have a plan of sorts and hope it works but we may have to delay our departure to Oz for 18 months and have lost a lot of money on our house accepting that offer but we have to sell it now or we could be trapped in it for the foreseeable future. We have 2 other properties to sell too.... I am gutted and upset but we still have a lot more than a lot of people and I am holding onto that thought.

I will be back properly at some point but in the mean time, I will be reading the thread - even if I'm not posting - so watch what you say.

Love you all.

N
xxx
Old Apr 20th 2008, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the lovely PMs and karma messages. It means a lot that you all care. Sorry if I have been ignoring you, but I had to have some time off the forum to get my head together. We now have a plan of sorts and hope it works but we may have to delay our departure to Oz for 18 months and have lost a lot of money on our house accepting that offer but we have to sell it now or we could be trapped in it for the foreseeable future. We have 2 other properties to sell too.... I am gutted and upset but we still have a lot more than a lot of people and I am holding onto that thought.

I will be back properly at some point but in the mean time, I will be reading the thread - even if I'm not posting - so watch what you say.

Love you all.

N
xxx
Don't go for too long though place aint the same without you! Have a break ( I do!!!) you have had some big big decisions to make I can't
imagine myself in your position I would literally go bonkers
But.....you know it will all work out in the end - I have done this move 4 times now and we've always managed to get by. With your fighting spirit gal you can't fail
Take care - see you soon
DTP
Old Apr 20th 2008, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Im missing my partner in crime. ((hugs))
Old Apr 20th 2008, 12:11 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Hi Guys,

Love you all.

N
xxx
Don't be away too long or you'll keep up with this thread.

Keep your spirits up and see you soon.

Old Apr 20th 2008, 12:13 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Hi N , don't be far away now you hear , hang in there & have faith
Old Apr 20th 2008, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Im missing my partner in crime. ((hugs))
Yep. But remember our money making business plan?? I'm off over there in 4 weeks time I might litter the plane with flyers 0 drum up some business??!!!
Old Apr 20th 2008, 2:54 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

hello eveyone

well, they have been and gone - second viewing

they love it and want it even more now, which is good, but they have yet to secure an offer on their property.
they have had a lot of interest and some people want a second viewing - also have a first time buyer viewing their property on tuesday, which is great news
they also said they are willing to accept a reduced offer on their house in order to secure ours. we will have to wait and see, but at least that has lifted my spirits a little
hows everyone else today?
nic, i've just pm'd you.
bec
Old Apr 20th 2008, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Dan the Plumber
Yep. But remember our money making business plan?? I'm off over there in 4 weeks time I might litter the plane with flyers 0 drum up some business??!!!

we're counting on you Dan - by the time we are done Fly wont even have to sell her house.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 3:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

hello eveyone

they love it and want it even more now, which is good, but they have yet to secure an offer on their property.
they have had a lot of interest and some people want a second viewing - also have a first time buyer viewing their property on tuesday, which is great news
they also said they are willing to accept a reduced offer on their house in order to secure ours. we will have to wait and see, but at least that has lifted my spirits a little
nic, i've just pm'd you.
bec
Bec - that sounds really positive. Fingies crossed they manage to secure a deal.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

hello eveyone

nic, i've just pm'd you.
bec
That sounds like good news I have my fingers crossed for you x

Tina x
Old Apr 20th 2008, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

Angib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant future

Fingers Crossed x
Old Apr 20th 2008, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ah Spacey - missed your thread - thanks for update....sounds busy!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.