Visa Interview - Belfast

Old Aug 10th 2007, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

GetYourBritsOut will become famous soon enoughGetYourBritsOut will become famous soon enough
Default Visa Interview - Belfast

Hi All

Just thought I'd let you know about our visa interview at Belfast.

We initially rang the US Embassy and made an appointment in London for September, then thought we would try Belfast Consulate and got an appointment for the next week.

We flew out on Wednesday (EasyJet £80 for the two of us), stayed overnight in hotel before interview (we had to have time to sample the Guinness). Next day arrived for the appointment 15 mins before, guy's in security were excellent - really friendly and chatty.

Hubby went straight to processing desk (no queue), handed over all forms, waited for 30 mins then we were called in for the interview.

We had our fingerprints taken, hubby was asked a few questions then we were told that our applications had been successful and to expect our passports back in a few days.

Total time in consulate - 1 hour.

We had the rest of the day in Belfast (luckily we had nice weather), flew back last night and this morning our visa's arrived in the special delivery envelope we handed in at the consulate.

If anyone needs visa's in a hurry like us (we want to get there for the start of the school year) then it's well worth paying for the flight and hotel (plus you get a mini-break without the kids).

They advise there is no parking at the Consulate - this is true but there are plenty of side streets as it is in a residential area and not in the town centre.

It's not an easy place to find as there are no signs but if get to the Ulster Bank HQ then the Consulate is to the left next door.

Hope someone finds this of help.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 3:50 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Interview - Belfast

Congratulations! You neglected to mention what visa you got....

Rene
Old Aug 10th 2007, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

GetYourBritsOut will become famous soon enoughGetYourBritsOut will become famous soon enough

Sorry, my heads' all over the place at the moment - so much to do in just over a week.

OH got L1 and L2 for myself and our son.
Old Aug 12th 2007, 12:26 am
Just Joined

Superduper is a name known to allSuperduper is a name known to allSuperduper is a name known to allSuperduper is a name known to allSuperduper is a name known to allSuperduper is a name known to allSuperduper is a name known to allSuperduper is a name known to allSuperduper is a name known to allSuperduper is a name known to allSuperduper is a name known to all

Hmm, curious. I was under the impression that you had to hand over your passport and they it back to you a couple of days later with a stamp in it. Is the visa a separately issued document then, and not just a stamp? I was wondering how youd've flown back without a passport

I'm looking at doing something very similar, so thanks!
Old Aug 12th 2007, 2:42 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Superduper
Hmm, curious. I was under the impression that you had to hand over your passport and they it back to you a couple of days later with a stamp in it. Is the visa a separately issued document then, and not just a stamp? I was wondering how youd've flown back without a passport

I'm looking at doing something very similar, so thanks!
Maybe Belfast is a domestic flight for the OP?

Rene
Old Aug 12th 2007, 6:59 am
Just Joined

Superduper is a name known to allSuperduper is a name known to allSuperduper is a name known to allSuperduper is a name known to allSuperduper is a name known to allSuperduper is a name known to allSuperduper is a name known to allSuperduper is a name known to allSuperduper is a name known to allSuperduper is a name known to allSuperduper is a name known to all

Oooh good point! Looks like a great way to get around the obscene waiting time for London. I take it one can use their driver's license for internal UK flights then?
Old Aug 12th 2007, 7:30 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Superduper
Oooh good point! Looks like a great way to get around the obscene waiting time for London. I take it one can use their driver's license for internal UK flights then?
I'd imagine so.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, we flew from Manchester and it's classed as an internal flight so we just used our photo driving licenses as ID. We couldn't take our 7yr old son though but we had a lovely time .
Old Aug 14th 2007, 7:28 am
Just Joined

aberdonian is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a curiosity, coz my interview in london will be this coming thursday morning for a B2 visa.After my interview how would i know that i passed? Can i ask the officer who interviewed me if i get a visa or not?

Thanks for your response here........ too many questions in my mind
Old Aug 14th 2007, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

Lilyella is a name known to allLilyella is a name known to allLilyella is a name known to allLilyella is a name known to allLilyella is a name known to allLilyella is a name known to allLilyella is a name known to allLilyella is a name known to allLilyella is a name known to allLilyella is a name known to allLilyella is a name known to all

Hi Aberdonian -- you'll be told by the interviewer whether your visa has been approved or not, you won't need to ask.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 5:18 pm
Just Joined

aberdonian is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lilyella
Hi Aberdonian -- you'll be told by the interviewer whether your visa has been approved or not, you won't need to ask.
Hi

Thanks for your quick reply! Great to know that!!!! i hope they will give me one.........