Re applying for ARTC

Old Aug 7th 2007, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re applying for ARTC

Has anyone else ever re-applied for their ARTC after being refused first time?
Thinking of re-applying ( yes I know $300!) and this time missing out the mechanical side of my trade and just putting in the sparky stuff plus some sparky work that Ive done for the past few years with references and electrical qualifications.
I still dont understand how my trade can need an electrical license but cannot be assessed as an electrical trade, but just got to get on with it and the ARTC is the only way I can see of getting things started.
Anyone else done this, am I waisting my time?
Old Aug 7th 2007, 9:35 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re applying for ARTC

Originally Posted by john_w
Has anyone else ever re-applied for their ARTC after being refused first time?
Thinking of re-applying ( yes I know $300!) and this time missing out the mechanical side of my trade and just putting in the sparky stuff plus some sparky work that Ive done for the past few years with references and electrical qualifications.
I still dont understand how my trade can need an electrical license but cannot be assessed as an electrical trade, but just got to get on with it and the ARTC is the only way I can see of getting things started.
Anyone else done this, am I waisting my time?
hi john

you need to show that your the equivalent of an aussie spark / tradesperson

so i would write your own references and get them to put in on their headed paper
get as much info in there as possible covering the basics of "a tradesperson"

this is the ability to

read drawings and specifications
accuratley measure and order the gear
the work its self ( explain as you would to a first year apprentice )
and testing and certification thats required

see enclosed copies of two of my own

Last edited by steve`o; Aug 7th 2007 at 10:07 pm.
Old Aug 8th 2007, 2:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
hi john

you need to show that your the equivalent of an aussie spark / tradesperson

so i would write your own references and get them to put in on their headed paper
get as much info in there as possible covering the basics of "a tradesperson"

this is the ability to

read drawings and specifications
accuratley measure and order the gear
the work its self ( explain as you would to a first year apprentice )
and testing and certification thats required

see enclosed copies of two of my own
Steve John isn't an electrician, he's a lift engineer (or whatever they are called). The TRA have failed him on his original application for an ARTC certificate, because he's not a sparky. However they are supposed to assess his skills for an ARTC certificate because over here a lift engineer needs an electrical licence and they are supposed to issue on on this basis.

This is where the problem lies. I'm at a loss on how to help
Old Aug 8th 2007, 8:08 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Steve John isn't an electrician, he's a lift engineer (or whatever they are called). The TRA have failed him on his original application for an ARTC certificate, because he's not a sparky. However they are supposed to assess his skills for an ARTC certificate because over here a lift engineer needs an electrical licence and they are supposed to issue on on this basis.

This is where the problem lies. I'm at a loss on how to help
he`s got the following qualifications

ONC in electrical & electronic eng. & 16th ed. regs,

i would say providing he has the 7 years experiance he should re-aplpy as an electrician siting all the electrical work he undertakes in the fitting and commisioning of the lifts as proof of experiance i would hope that taking this route wold leave to an artc cert as an electrical fitter which would suffice for his work in lifts ( i assume that the site electrican always wires up to an isolator when lifts sre fitted )

regards steve
Old Aug 8th 2007, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

Brigall is an unknown quantity at this point

Why don't you apply for a restricted licence, similar to a refrigeration or air conditioning engineer. This would allow you to carry out fault finding and maintenance. Sparkys would carry out all work up to the main isolator.