Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

HCI - LONDON Urgent Notice to Visa Applicants using Postal Service

HCI - LONDON Urgent Notice to Visa Applicants using Postal Service

Old Jul 31st 2007, 2:52 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute
Angry HCI - LONDON Urgent Notice to Visa Applicants using Postal Service

As part of our ongoing review of Consular Services it has been felt necessary to discontinue the existing practice of receiving Indian Visa Applications by post. However, applications for passports, PIO/OCl cards and other Consular services would continue to be accepted by post. In order to enable those desiring to apply for Indian Visas without appearing in person at the High Commission of India, we have enlisted the assistance of accredited Travel Agents across the consular jurisdiction of the High Commission of India, London to accept applications on behalf of the High Commission of India, London.

High Commission of India 13.07.2007

Hi,
The travel agents, are mostly in London, and Surrey. Nothing for the West Country and Wales, and they are charging up to £15 - £20 PER VISA on top of the price of the Visa's.

Holiday Truths are not sure if Birmingham or Newcastle will be accepting postal applications - there seems some confusion. (What's new)

Douglas - I don't think they want Tourist there now! For a family of 4 it will be another air fare. :curse::curse::curse:
Old Jul 31st 2007, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all
Default Re: HCI - LONDON Urgent Notice to Visa Applicants using Postal Service

Originally Posted by noni
As part of our ongoing review of Consular Services it has been felt necessary to discontinue the existing practice of receiving Indian Visa Applications by post. However, applications for passports, PIO/OCl cards and other Consular services would continue to be accepted by post. In order to enable those desiring to apply for Indian Visas without appearing in person at the High Commission of India, we have enlisted the assistance of accredited Travel Agents across the consular jurisdiction of the High Commission of India, London to accept applications on behalf of the High Commission of India, London.

High Commission of India 13.07.2007

Hi,
The travel agents, are mostly in London, and Surrey. Nothing for the West Country and Wales, and they are charging up to £15 - £20 PER VISA on top of the price of the Visa's.

Holiday Truths are not sure if Birmingham or Newcastle will be accepting postal applications - there seems some confusion. (What's new)

Douglas - I don't think they want Tourist there now! For a family of 4 it will be another air fare. :curse::curse::curse:
Hi Noni,

This is indeed a real pickle.
If Edinburgh no longer accept visa applications via post then us lot over in Northern Ireland have no option but to pay the higher charge through travel agents. We cant get visas in Belfast and the only other alternative is to travel to Dublin (twice); once to apply then to collect and again we are charged extra if we dont have an irish passport.......ours are UK passports........so indeed a real pickle.:curse: Oh and we are a family of four.

Regards,
Remy
Old Jul 31st 2007, 3:24 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Remy-Ireland
Hi Noni,

This is indeed a real pickle.
If Edinburgh no longer accept visa applications via post then us lot over in Northern Ireland have no option but to pay the higher charge through travel agents. We cant get visas in Belfast and the only other alternative is to travel to Dublin (twice); once to apply then to collect and again we are charged extra if we dont have an irish passport.......ours are UK passports........so indeed a real pickle.:curse: Oh and we are a family of four.

Regards,
Remy
I really sympathise with you talk about dysfunctional they are ............
..................!!!!!!! +++++ @@@@@@ loons :curse: Do they want to have a tourist trade - people on Holiday Truths are saying this is their last time to Goa.

Politicians Fighting on the floor in Panjim!! let us FN's in, and sort them out.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

I really sympathise with you talk about dysfunctional they are ............
..................!!!!!!! +++++ @@@@@@ loons :curse: Do they want to have a tourist trade - people on Holiday Truths are saying this is their last time to Goa.

Politicians Fighting on the floor in Panjim!! let us FN's in, and sort them out.
Yes in one hand they are promoting (quote unquote) 'Incredible India' for tourists and on the other hand they appear to be closing the door on tourists. Although i think there may also be a bit of 'tit for tat' going on at the moment between the Indian and British Governments, which of course dosent help our cause at all.

At the end of the day your home and your holiday are only as safe as the political, economical and environmental climate allows........no matter where you are in the world.

Regards,
Remy
Old Jul 31st 2007, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

catpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nice

I think it's only London that has stopped accepting postal applications. There is a list on Holiday Truths and Trip Advisor Goa Forms on which areas Birmingham are accepting postal applications from.

Apparently there is also a travel agent in Bolton, Lancs who will organise the visas for a £10 fee on top of the usual charges.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by catpat123
I think it's only London that has stopped accepting postal applications. There is a list on Holiday Truths and Trip Advisor Goa Forms on which areas Birmingham are accepting postal applications from.

Apparently there is also a travel agent in Bolton, Lancs who will organise the visas for a £10 fee on top of the usual charges.

Hi Catpat,
Have read that, but there is nothing for the West Country and Wales, we are not even listed under London. There has always been these courier services that charge £10 on top plus £5 postage and those are the cheap ones. They have your over a barrel, it would be just as cheap for the family to use one of these @@@@@@@ people than pay petrol, bridge charges and trainfare into London, than go themselves, and for a family of 4 it all adds up. It is not the way to encourage tourists. Many people on Holiday Truths etc. are saying this will be their last year. It is so sad.
Regards Noni
Old Aug 1st 2007, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

John Chappell will become famous soon enoughJohn Chappell will become famous soon enough

Hi Catpat,
Many people on Holiday Truths etc. are saying this will be their last year. It is so sad.
Regards Noni
Hi Noni,

That is the best way to get things changed, if potential tourists vote with their feet for a couple of seasons and discover alternatives things may change back to a regime of making it easy for tourists to visit.

Regards

John
Old Aug 1st 2007, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Douglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the rough

Yes in one hand they are promoting (quote unquote) 'Incredible India' for tourists and on the other hand they appear to be closing the door on tourists. Although i think there may also be a bit of 'tit for tat' going on at the moment between the Indian and British Governments, which of course dosent help our cause at all.

At the end of the day your home and your holiday are only as safe as the political, economical and environmental climate allows........no matter where you are in the world.

Regards,
Remy

Hi Remy,

Your post just reminded me of the incredible india advert that was shown on the box when i was there. There was one memorable shot of a beautiful young girl throwing flower petals off a balcony on to the people below.

There were similar balconies in mapusa, but in reality all i ever saw was an old hag emptying her piss pot with the same gay abandon.

That just about sums it up i think, the emperors coat syndrome, but with a touch of squalor.

regards
douglas
Old Aug 1st 2007, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by Douglas M
Hi Remy,

Your post just reminded me of the incredible india advert that was shown on the box when i was there. There was one memorable shot of a beautiful young girl throwing flower petals off a balcony on to the people below.

There were similar balconies in mapusa, but in reality all i ever saw was an old hag emptying her piss pot with the same gay abandon.

That just about sums it up i think, the emperors coat syndrome, but with a touch of squalor.

regards
douglas

Old Aug 1st 2007, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Remy,

regards
douglas

Yeah your right Douglas.
There is the side they want us to see and the side they dont.
Just read the other day that 6000 children still die of starvation in India.......every day.

Didnt see that on any of the 'Incredible India' adverts.

Kind Regards,
Remy
Old Aug 1st 2007, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Douglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the rough

Yeah your right Douglas.
There is the side they want us to see and the side they dont.
Just read the other day that 6000 children still die of starvation in India.......every day.

Didnt see that on any of the 'Incredible India' adverts.

Kind Regards,
Remy
Hi Remy,

That is an alarming statistic, wordlwide it is obviously magnified.

Add in death, suffering and displacement, through war and conflict and that should give us all a reality check with regard to the minor irritations we are personally absorbed by in goa.

regards
douglas
Old Aug 1st 2007, 10:53 am
TDK
BE Enthusiast

TDK is a jewel in the roughTDK is a jewel in the roughTDK is a jewel in the roughTDK is a jewel in the rough
Post Re: HCI - LONDON Urgent Notice to Visa Applicants using Postal Service

Hi Remy,

Add in death, suffering and displacement, through war and conflict and that should give us all a reality check with regard to the minor irritations we are personally absorbed by in goa.

regards
douglas
Hi All,

Yes that is an extremely alarming/sad statistic and also i just read in last Saturday's Guardian (28/07/07) which revealed (in more depth) another grim reality about the dark underbelly of the truly Incredible Indiaaaah:

Please check out this link and scroll down to the article 'Foetuses aborted & dumped secretly as India shuns baby girls' (+ article below and many other interesting articles and links):

www.guardian.co.uk/india

Rgds TDK
Old Aug 1st 2007, 11:04 am
TDK
BE Enthusiast

TDK is a jewel in the roughTDK is a jewel in the roughTDK is a jewel in the roughTDK is a jewel in the rough
Post Re: HCI - LONDON Urgent Notice to Visa Applicants using Postal Service

Hi Remy,

regards
douglas
Hi Douglas,

Sorry i forgot to mention that i totally agree with you that however stressful our own Goa/property situations might be, as you say compared with the immeasurable sufferings of the world, it does sort of put things into perspective and helps to stop oneself from getting too self absorbed!

I have a friend who used to say its more important in life to be grateful for what you have got rather than dwelling on what you haven't got, which although i often forget, i think its a really a good way to put a ceiling on desires.

Rgds TDK
Old Aug 1st 2007, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TDK
Hi Douglas,

Sorry i forgot to mention that i totally agree with you that however stressful our own Goa/property situations might be, as you say compared with the immeasurable sufferings of the world, it does sort of put things into perspective and helps to stop oneself from getting too self absorbed!

I have a friend who used to say its more important in life to be grateful for what you have got rather than dwelling on what you haven't got, which although i often forget, i think its a really a good way to put a ceiling on desires.

Rgds TDK
Hi TDK,

I agree with everything you say, particularly about the plight of women. At times we can only think as if we are the centre of the universe and it is essential that we visit these issues from time to time.

At the end of the exercise we may not have any definitive solutions but at least we achieve some perspective and restore a little balance, until the next time that is.

regards
douglas
Old Aug 1st 2007, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

Bryson7 will become famous soon enoughBryson7 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by TDK
Hi All,

Yes that is an extremely alarming/sad statistic and also i just read in last Saturday's Guardian (28/07/07) which revealed (in more depth) another grim reality about the dark underbelly of the truly Incredible Indiaaaah:

Please check out this link and scroll down to the article 'Foetuses aborted & dumped secretly as India shuns baby girls' (+ article below and many other interesting articles and links):

www.guardian.co.uk/india

Rgds TDK
Hi TDK,
I'm afraid this used to happen in Hong Kong as well, I saw many dead babies floating in the water mainly girls. This was in the late sixties.

On a lighter note, can anyone tell me what happens if say one applies for a two year visa and it is rejected but a six months one is offered, do you then have to rewrite the forms or will the official amend them?
I ask as I will be traveling to London to apply for visas for the family so was wondering if I should take two filled out forms each, just in case.
Regards
Bryson

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.