Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Fork Lift operator/Warehouse worker.

Fork Lift operator/Warehouse worker.

Old Jun 19th 2007, 5:11 pm
Just Joined

naseriqbal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fork Lift operator/Warehouse worker.

HI, I am new to this forum. I live in toronto. Moved her in 2001 from Bolton, UK. I am a lawyer (Canadian and British).

My client is looking for 40 licensed fork lift operators/warehouse workers (cold room), for calgary, AB. LMO is approved. Employer will cover legal costs for WP and airfare to Calgary.

If anybody is interested, please email me at ([email protected]) and i can provide job details.

If anybody has any general questions about moving here/immigration issues etc, I will gladly try to answer them.

Thanks.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 5:28 pm
Just Joined

teamsal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fork Lift operator/Warehouse worker.

hi nas

welcome to the forum, i told you it was good!

check your email add, is that right?

sis
Old Jun 19th 2007, 6:41 pm
Canadiain

Notiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by naseriqbal
HI, I am new to this forum. I live in toronto. Moved her in 2001 from Bolton, UK. I am a lawyer (Canadian and British).

My client is looking for 40 licensed fork lift operators/warehouse workers (cold room), for calgary, AB. LMO is approved. Employer will cover legal costs for WP and airfare to Calgary.

If anybody is interested, please email me at ([email protected]) and i can provide job details.

If anybody has any general questions about moving here/immigration issues etc, I will gladly try to answer them.

Thanks.

How can a LMO be "preapproved"? LMO applications are only assesed by service canada after candidates have applied for a job, agreed a salary, accepted a job offer and been put forward by the employer. You dont even have applicants yet, but the LMO is approved. Very odd.

Are you seriously saying they cant find semiskilled forklift operators locally in Alberta.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

naseriqbal is an unknown quantity at this point

The business is approved under a blanket LMO. The application is filed with Service Canada on the basis that they have a particular labour shortage. Service Canada will then approve x number of people. The employer still has to prove why they need the people, etc. Once an employer has obtained the number of people they require, the particulars are forwarded to service Canada.

Because it's a low skilled job, Service Canada insist that the employer has to cover legal cost for WP and airfare etc. The logic is that if the employer seriously need these time of people then he will pay for this.

Surprisingly there is a shortage of these kind of jobs.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

teamsal is an unknown quantity at this point

hi nas

let me know how far you got with the contact at JCP. I can recommend someone at JCP who would be able to point you in the right direction in terms of advertising ect.

sis
Old Jun 20th 2007, 3:50 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by naseriqbal

Surprisingly there is a shortage of these kind of jobs.

Don't you mean there is a shortage of prospective employees?