457 how long to perm residency

Old May 27th 2007, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

tonycannell is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up 457 how long to perm residency

hi coming over to oz [vic] later this year august hopefully on a 457 hearing different answers on when can apply for permanent residency some say 2 years and some say 4 anyone know for sure, coming over as a hgv driver sponsored by a company based in sunshine
Old May 27th 2007, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

TracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really nice
Default Re: 457 how long to perm residency

Originally Posted by tonycannell
hi coming over to oz [vic] later this year august hopefully on a 457 hearing different answers on when can apply for permanent residency some say 2 years and some say 4 anyone know for sure, coming over as a hgv driver sponsored by a company based in sunshine

Hi,

Have replied on your other thread re Booths. Not many people will be able to answer your question as HGV drivers are not on the SOL and therefore the rules are different. When you have been here on a 457 for 2 years then you can apply for PR but it will have to be via RSMS with exceptional circumsstances and will have to be approved by the Regional Certifying Board as exceptional. This can only be done also if your employer will agree to sposor you for PR and you will then have to stay with employer for another 2 years, therefore you are tied to the same emplyer for the next 4 years. If you are going to be working for Booths then it will have to be at one of their regional depots as Sunshine is not regional, ask them which depot you will be working at and make sure that it is somewhere that you are prepared to live, ie not in the middle of nowhere.
Need any more info, just ask, happy to help.

Tracy and Neil
Old May 27th 2007, 9:19 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

You can apply for PR as soon as you arrive. We arrived April 2006 - applied for PR May 2006 - received our PR July 2006

Good luck!
Old May 27th 2007, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

TracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mrs Jackaroo
You can apply for PR as soon as you arrive. We arrived April 2006 - applied for PR May 2006 - received our PR July 2006

Good luck!

Unfortunately, as a truck driver you can't apply for PR straight away as it is not on the SOL. OP will have to be on 457 regional for 2 years before applying for PR via RSMS.

Tracy
Old May 27th 2007, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light

Can I ask what an SOL is??!

I may be coming to wa on a 457 (but currently asking about an rsms )

Bit apprehensive about the 457 thing - there are lots of conflicting info on here thats making my head spin

Thanks x
Old May 27th 2007, 9:57 am
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute

I came here on a 457 Visa in January 2005 - I applied for 136 SI end of Feb, and got it on the 26th of July the same year.
So, basically, the 2/4 year 'quote' is crap.

PS...bugger...didn't see no. 4 post I'm a nurse, so was going on that, and not thinking)

Last edited by Weirdstone; May 27th 2007 at 9:59 am.
Old May 27th 2007, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

tonycannell is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: 457 how long to perm residency

Originally Posted by Weirdstone
I came here on a 457 Visa in January 2005 - I applied for 136 SI end of Feb, and got it on the 26th of July the same year.
So, basically, the 2/4 year 'quote' is crap.

PS...bugger...didn't see no. 4 post I'm a nurse, so was going on that, and not thinking)
see you based in melbourne , thanks 4 your reply . as we comin over on 457 sponsored by booth transport a big concern i hear, as i am a truck driver not on skills list yet, will i need to wait a couple of years for pr, i expect hgv1 to come on skills list as it just has in NZ. any advice appreciated cheers buddy
Old May 27th 2007, 10:10 am
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute

see you based in melbourne , thanks 4 your reply . as we comin over on 457 sponsored by booth transport a big concern i hear, as i am a truck driver not on skills list yet, will i need to wait a couple of years for pr, i expect hgv1 to come on skills list as it just has in NZ. any advice appreciated cheers buddy
Hope it does

What advice do you want ??

PM me if you want

Cas