Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Anyone down here in Puglia

Anyone down here in Puglia

Old May 22nd 2007, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone down here in Puglia

Hi, any of you down here in Puglia - there are quite a lot of us Brits down here.

Margaret
Old May 22nd 2007, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

mrs teapot will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Anyone down here in Puglia

Hi Margaret,

Nice place you've got there! I didnt realise they allowed advertising on this site.

Are there more Brits in Puglia than in Calabria then?

Mrs Teapot
Old May 22nd 2007, 6:44 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrs teapot
Hi Margaret,

Nice place you've got there! I didnt realise they allowed advertising on this site.

Mrs Teapot
Site rules HERE rule 8. as long as its your own site. ?
Old May 22nd 2007, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute

It's my son's (family) site - if this is not allowed please let me know and I'll remove it - sorry Can I still have the picture up there?

Last edited by Margaret M; May 22nd 2007 at 8:08 pm.
Old May 22nd 2007, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mrs teapot
Hi Margaret,

Mrs Teapot
Don't know exactly, but there are quite a few of us here.
Old May 22nd 2007, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

mrs teapot will become famous soon enough

Oh sorry Margaret! :curse: Didn't mean to put my big fat foot in it!

Anyway, you've got Amanda Lamb in Puglia, so you'll probably get many more Brits following in Puglia.
Old May 23rd 2007, 6:35 am
BE Enthusiast

We also have the Queen (well actually Helen Mirran).

The last meeting of (mainly Brits) we had at Easter there were over 50 of us there. And many of the holiday home owners weren't here at the time. In our little "Citta" of San Vito dei Normanni there is quite a cluster of full time residents and holiday home owners, with many others scattered around the region.

We even have our very own English Dentist, and have a holiday home owning GP we are trying to persuade to move down here full time.

Last edited by Margaret M; May 23rd 2007 at 6:40 am. Reason: Can't spell Vito
Old May 23rd 2007, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

clint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really nice

Hi Margaret

We are looking at properties in Calabria and Puglia. One in Puglia is in S. Vito dei Normanni 2/3kms outside the town.

Can you tell me what the area is like please? Hubby has health problems so needs to be in area that is flat.The agent told me that properties in the countriside have no mains water connection. Generally what do you think of the area, facilities etc

Thanks

Giovanna
Old May 23rd 2007, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by clint
Hi Margaret

We are looking at properties in Calabria and Puglia. One in Puglia is in S. Vito dei Normanni 2/3kms outside the town.

Can you tell me what the area is like please? Hubby has health problems so needs to be in area that is flat.The agent told me that properties in the countriside have no mains water connection. Generally what do you think of the area, facilities etc

Thanks

Giovanna
We love the area. My husband found the house without me even being here, and I loved it from the moment he got home with the video footage. Despite it taking 16 months to sort everything out (PM me if you want details) we have no regrets. Hubby arrived 14th December, for a 5 week stay (we still have our house in the uk to sort out and sell, and business interests there) - he is still here, and I am trying to get him to go back for more of our stuff.

The area is pretty flat. True properties don't have mains water, we have an artisian well and huge cisterne under the terrace in front of the house, and don't have any water shortages. Even houses in the towns with mains water have the supply regularly turned off.

I could go on forever here, but would probably bore a lot of people so I will PM you my phone number, and you can give me a ring if you like. I can also tell you about various agents in the area, which I believe I cannot do on here.

Margaret
Old May 23rd 2007, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

clint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really nice

Thanks Margaret
Old Jul 30th 2007, 4:02 pm
Just Joined

Lindab-r is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Margaret,

Make my day and tell me you also have an English speaking vet in San Vito dei Normanni......

Lindab-r
Old Jul 30th 2007, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lindab-r
Hello Margaret,

Make my day and tell me you also have an English speaking vet in San Vito dei Normanni......

Lindab-r
We do actually -not totally English speaking but good enough to get by
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

siobhanC is an unknown quantity at this point

HI Sue,

Sorry about that. Do you need me to resend the message or can you forward the original one onto the media forum?

Thanks

Siobhan

Originally Posted by Sue
Please note media requests are to go in the Media Requests forum only.

Thank you

Sue
Site Admin
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 3:52 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by siobhanC
HI Sue,

Sorry about that. Do you need me to resend the message or can you forward the original one onto the media forum?

Thanks

Siobhan
I would post it there yourself, it may take time to show because it has to be moderated.