Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

HGV sponsorship.......not likely now!!

HGV sponsorship.......not likely now!!

Old Apr 26th 2007, 1:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation HGV sponsorship.......not likely now!!

This was sent to me yesterday.........

Good afternoon Nicola

Mick ***** forwarded me your email (dated 16 April) re sponsorship.

We recently had a meeting with staff from the Immigration Department in Perth who advised us that currently the Department has a ‘hold’ on companies sponsoring Drivers into Australia.

The staff members we spoke too were not sure why the hold has been put into place – apparently the directive came from Canberra.

Once the situation changes they will advise us accordingly.

For the time being we are not progressing any further with sponsorship. Once the hold has been lifted we will of course revisit the situation.

Thank you for your continued interest in our company.

Kind regards

Lynnee *****

Giacci Bros Pty Ltd
Old Apr 26th 2007, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

Here comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really nice
Default Re: HGV sponsorship.......not likely now!!

Hi
Is there any other options available to you in terms of visas?
You could also try emailing canberra government /Aus immigration to see if its a permanent hold or just temporary.
Good luck
Kat.
Old Apr 26th 2007, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

yes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to all

sorry to hear that kato.
Old Apr 26th 2007, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

kerryandgordon is just really nicekerryandgordon is just really nicekerryandgordon is just really nicekerryandgordon is just really nicekerryandgordon is just really nicekerryandgordon is just really nicekerryandgordon is just really nicekerryandgordon is just really nice

try. www.go2aus.com
Old Apr 26th 2007, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kerryandgordon
Will do!!

Just thought that I should post this so others realise just how hard it is to go via the sponsored route.

We are going to head for New Zealand now. They say its the back door way in, although I should imagine we will make it home.

Good luck to all who succeed.
And if anyone you all know are interested in NZ as a way of getting into OZ then tell them to PM me and I will give them all the details.

Cheers for the help guys,

Nici
Old Apr 26th 2007, 9:33 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kerryandgordon
IF DIAC have put a block on the sponsoring of drivers, it won't matter which agency you use I'm afraid, DIAC are the ones that make the rules.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 5:49 am
Forum Regular

pomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant futurepomref has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Pollyana
IF DIAC have put a block on the sponsoring of drivers, it won't matter which agency you use I'm afraid, DIAC are the ones that make the rules.
http://www.twu.com.au/news/news31.html

Please read this link.

As a TWU member in Australia I have been bombarded with anti 457. I personally belive this visa will die with Vanstone and if labour get's into goverment later in the year they're will spend money on training up Australians to fill the gap.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 7:27 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pomref
http://www.twu.com.au/news/news31.html

Please read this link.

As a TWU member in Australia I have been bombarded with anti 457. I personally belive this visa will die with Vanstone and if labour get's into goverment later in the year they're will spend money on training up Australians to fill the gap.
Wouldn't surprise me in the least.