Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom Add banned

Whinging Pom Add banned

Old Jan 25th 2007, 7:49 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold
Default Whinging Pom Add banned

Whinging Pom add banned because of large numbers of Poms whinging that its offensive.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...001021,00.html
Old Jan 25th 2007, 7:54 am
Banned

MD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Whinging Pom Add banned

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
Whinging Pom add banned because of large numbers of Poms whinging that its offensive.

That's terrible Muriel - I loved that ad!

Some people have no sense of 'umour.

If you can't have a laugh at yourself, what hope is there...
Old Jan 25th 2007, 7:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Political correctness strikes again. How wonderful!!
Old Jan 25th 2007, 8:00 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Wendy
Political correctness strikes again. How wonderful!!
If they showed an Add in the Uk making fun of a stereotypical Aussie, do you think all the Aussies living in the Uk would ring up asking it to be banned? l don't think so. Who said its the Aussies that don't have a sense of humour?
Old Jan 25th 2007, 8:04 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

If they showed an Add in the Uk making fun of a stereotypical Aussie, do you think all the Aussies living in the Uk would ring up asking it to be banned? l don't think so. Who said its the Aussies that don't have a sense of humour?
The Aussies would not have realised it was a mickey-take....they would have thought it was a documentary.

G
Old Jan 25th 2007, 8:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I love the Aussie adverts. I think they are so funny.

Tell it like it is, that's the way I find them

You are right, people have lost the ability to laugh at themselves. I blame the immigrants
Old Jan 25th 2007, 8:15 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Another example of Australian political correctness gone mad.

G
Old Jan 25th 2007, 8:17 am
The Murphsters

The Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to all

I read the article and missed the part that said "large numbers of poms whinging" was i looking in the wrong place?

What you will probably find is what happends in the UK on a regular basis, liberal do-gooders who are probably aussie, probably women and probably working in HR have done the complaining on behalf of the "poor poms".

In the UK you ususally find it is middle class white women who are doing most of the compaining about percieved racism in society, even complaining about the most stupid of things that not one black person has found offensive. Its a problem that seems to be getting bigger.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 8:17 am
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

What you mean like a bunch of drunken no hopers who love to shirk work and are a bunch of racists ,i think british television has moved on from that now .
Old Jan 25th 2007, 8:18 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

If they showed an Add in the Uk making fun of a stereotypical Aussie, do you think all the Aussies living in the Uk would ring up asking it to be banned? l don't think so.
Oh I don't know... I think if there was an ad being shown in the UK that showed Australians as ignorant, sheep shaggers I think one or two Aussies might get a bit tetchy about it. Don't you?
Old Jan 25th 2007, 8:19 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Oh I don't know... I think if there was an ad being shown in the UK that showed Australians as ignorant, sheep shaggers I think one or two Aussies might get a bit tetchy about it. Don't you?
....or think it is another documentary.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 8:19 am
Banned

MD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Wendy
you are right, people have lost the ability to laugh at themselves. I blame the immigrants
Wendy, I couldn't agree more. There are immigrants who come here and just slot in like they have always lived here. These people are usually very likable.

Then you have the type who just want to change oz into a mini UK. These people either end up back in the UK or stay and live a miserable existence complaining about everything and anything.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 8:21 am
Banned

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
The kiwis are seen as the sheep shaggers here, so an ad like that wouldn't really work.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 8:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by MD09
Wendy, I couldn't agree more. There are immigrants who come here and just slot in like they have always lived here. These people are usually very likable.

Then you have the type who just want to change oz into a mini UK. These people either end up back in the UK or stay and live a miserable existence complaining about everything and anything.

Well I was being silly really

But in a way I do agree with you - sort of
Old Jan 25th 2007, 8:24 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MD09
The kiwis are seen as the sheep shaggers here, so an ad like that wouldn't really work.

read the post again.. its the stereotypical, UK view, of Australian men.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.