USCIS Website changes

Old Oct 28th 2006, 4:59 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default USCIS Website changes

An e-mail from within CIS, I do NOT have the screen shot.

Dear friends,
For much of the last year, the USCIS website has been undergoing extensive review to streamline navigation into more customer-friendly categories and to improve the technology platform to allow for a more modern, interactive site. To that end, USCIS will launch the new website in late October 2006. I wanted you to know about this change before it happens so you will know how to find the major sections of our website in their new locations, and also so you can inform your constituency. Unfortunately, despite all best efforts, transitions are never totally wrinkle-free. There may even be imperfections or lapses. In giving you all a heads up on this I hope to at least help to mitigate any frustration you and/or your clients may experience during this period.
I have attached a screen shot of the new uscis.gov homepage and pasted yellow arrows next to the main sections to help you navigate. The layout is a significant change from our old homepage. The new website layout is a lot "shallower" than before, meaning most users will be able to find content with fewer clicks. For example, on the old website, to find forms, users had to click twice from the home page; now customers can get to all forms by clicking once on "Immigration Forms" in the top navigation bar. As one navigates the site, your "trail" is indicated by "breadcrumbs" near the top of the screen, showing your path.
Some of you asked if your present links and bookmarks would still work after we migrate over to the new site. I was told that the answer is "No." We ask for your patience while re-tracing your paths and further more appeal to you to reserve judgment until the website goes live and you have had time to go through it. As always, please do continue to think of me as your "communications pipeline." I will do my best to get you answers as well as reflect your comments.
There are other sections of the new site I can may be brief you on, and I hope to provide you with a more detailed navigation template in the next week or so. For now I just wanted to let you know that this change is coming and give you the basic framework you need to get through the initial transition.