Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How Is Your House Sale Going - Part Vii

View Poll Results: How's your house sale going?
No offers yet
31.58%
Rejected an offer (stingy gits!)
3.95%
Accepted an offer (yipee!)
38.16%
Reduced price
5.26%
Sold House and are on our way
18.42%
Not sold, going anyway
0%
Buyer dropped out
2.63%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

How Is Your House Sale Going - Part Vii

Old Aug 18th 2006, 9:33 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Is Your House Sale Going - Part Vii

Originally Posted by possoms
damn I jinxed it by telling you all, they've cancelled due to an illness in the family. said will view at a later date
oh bugger!! sorry mate
Old Aug 18th 2006, 9:37 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

no worries thank you all for your support
Old Aug 18th 2006, 10:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
damn I jinxed it by telling you all, they've cancelled due to an illness in the family. said will view at a later date

Oh bugger

Next time don't tell this lot
Old Aug 18th 2006, 6:11 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

We had a couple of cancellations before the first person came to see it and put an offer in. Seems like 10 years ago!

I just found out yesterday that buyers, Bl**dy solicitor is well known for delaying things and being a pain when there's nothing wrong!

He shouldn't be allowed to practice, and he is going to be reported by me and the buyer, when the house sale goes through, for wasting 4 weeks of our time!
Old Aug 18th 2006, 6:42 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

we have finally sold ours
totally weird though

we have had it on the market since march with only 5 or 6 viewings since
we had accepted the fact that things were slow and that we would have to emigrate in Oct and sell it from aus
then at 9.30pm Wednesday night one of our neighbours came over asking could they look around
turns out that the new house that they were to move into this weekend had fell through
they made an offer on Thurs and we accepted
the only fly in th ointment is that they want to move in in four weeks so we are rushing around like loonies now bringing forward the shippers etc
Old Aug 18th 2006, 7:11 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
totally weird though

we had accepted the fact that things were slow and that we would have to emigrate in Oct and sell it from aus
then at 9.30pm Wednesday night one of our neighbours came over asking could they look around
turns out that the new house that they were to move into this weekend had fell through
the only fly in th ointment is that they want to move in in four weeks so we are rushing around like loonies now bringing forward the shippers etc

congrats steve'o, good news on the house front

P.s good fan club you belong too, i'm a private member
Old Aug 18th 2006, 7:15 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alan and sam
congrats steve'o, good news on the house front

P.s good fan club you belong too, i'm a private member
thanks guys
Attached Images   
Old Aug 18th 2006, 8:15 pm
love the life i live

Mysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond reputeMysterio has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Just thought I would see how people are getting on at the moment with their house sale.

(another update of one of your threads Rooksie )

How are you doing by the way

We must have the buyer from hell (first time buyers) it will be 100 days on Monday and still no completion date. We found out today that they need to find £1,400 to pay their solicitor before she can order the funds. They took 2 months to pay us our deposit. It was paid to us in bits here an there, they paid us up to date on Tuesday with a check, which should clear on Tuesday. So today the cheeky b@stards phone us and ask us, if we could borrow them the money from the check they gave us to pay their solicitor . We can have it back at the end of the month. I just can't believe the guys (2 men) who understandably have no children they both work (good jobs) yet don't have the funds in place
Old Aug 19th 2006, 6:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
totally weird though

Brilliant news Steve, really pleased for you mate
Old Aug 19th 2006, 8:35 pm

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mysterio
We must have the buyer from hell (first time buyers) it will be 100 days on Monday and still no completion date. We found out today that they need to find £1,400 to pay their solicitor before she can order the funds. They took 2 months to pay us our deposit. It was paid to us in bits here an there, they paid us up to date on Tuesday with a check, which should clear on Tuesday. So today the cheeky b@stards phone us and ask us, if we could borrow them the money from the check they gave us to pay their solicitor . We can have it back at the end of the month. I just can't believe the guys (2 men) who understandably have no children they both work (good jobs) yet don't have the funds in place
God! Some people are thick! What a cheek to ask to borrow the money. Unbelievable!

Is it normal to receive a deposit from the buyer, as we haven't heard that we will be getting one?
Old Aug 19th 2006, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

wannabetherenow is a jewel in the roughwannabetherenow is a jewel in the roughwannabetherenow is a jewel in the roughwannabetherenow is a jewel in the rough

Im gonna try an auction! Im so desperate to get out of the UK im willing to take a drop in price. Has anyone else here ever gone to auction???

Would be interesting to hear from anyone who has!
Old Aug 19th 2006, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wannabetherenow
Im gonna try an auction! Im so desperate to get out of the UK im willing to take a drop in price. Has anyone else here ever gone to auction???

Would be interesting to hear from anyone who has!
That's sounds like a good idea to me. I would be interested to know if anybody has tried this.

Well, I haven't heard anything back from my over-enthusiastic viewers, as predicted

Tracey
Old Aug 20th 2006, 12:22 am

Here's a thread I started on Auctions. Although only 1 page of replies

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=House+Auction
Old Aug 20th 2006, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a thread I started on Auctions. Although only 1 page of replies

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=House+Auction

Thanks Ang. By the way, in response to your earlier question. I'd love to meet up before you leave. Newcastle would be fine for me. Is it going to be a night do then? If so I will stay over somewhere. Make a night of it

Tracey
Old Aug 20th 2006, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

Alan Prout is a splendid one to beholdAlan Prout is a splendid one to beholdAlan Prout is a splendid one to beholdAlan Prout is a splendid one to beholdAlan Prout is a splendid one to beholdAlan Prout is a splendid one to beholdAlan Prout is a splendid one to beholdAlan Prout is a splendid one to beholdAlan Prout is a splendid one to beholdAlan Prout is a splendid one to beholdAlan Prout is a splendid one to behold

We had an offer 7K below asking price, then 4K below, then this morning we've just found out that she's offering 2k below so we've accepted!

Not bad for our first viewer!
Well done to you for holding out!
Oh for the benefit of hindsight..... house went on the market with Halifax at the end of June and we had a viewer with an offer in the first 12 hours BUT the offer was 10,000 less than it was up for - so we said no.

Since then and after eventually sacking the Halifax (soooooo Lazy) we have had a few viewers, an offer from a couple (in their 40's) who, during the process decided that Mum and Dad would be moving in with them but our stairs may be too much for her, as they live in a bungalow at the minute!?!

wouldn't mind but our stairs are so wide you could easily get a stair lift in and more to the point the hallway goes under the stairs in a space that's so wide you could put a proper lift in!! (aaaarrrghhh)
But they also had an issue with travelling to work - the 45 minute journey was insurmountable! (their words) and besides all that........
his mum and dad didn't like the idea they would be moving 1/2 an hour away from them - Needless to say they backed out.

Had a few more viewers since, all of whom loved the house but are either not sold on their own or can't afford a mortgage!!!

We are so pi**ed off with it now we could also willingly burn it to the ground.
We have reduced it 15,000 under valuation, listed it on loads of internet sites (even this one) and are now prepared to accept any sensible offer provided the buyer could offer a quick completion.

We have Visas in hand now and had we accepted that initial offer, would have been enjoying our new lives by now. We've stopped wanting to kick the sh*t out of all the timewasters we've dealt with so far and instead started to beat ourselves up for not accepting our first offer.

Sorry for the lengthy post but sometimes you just need to get it all of your chest.

Good luck to all of you still waiting.

Babs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.