Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Affidavit for removal of conditions

Affidavit for removal of conditions

Old Apr 11th 2006, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

GoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant future
Default Affidavit for removal of conditions

We will be filing for removal of conditions for my GC at the end of April and I'm trying to get all the documents ready. The directions ask for affidavit from at least two people that know us. Did you guys use some kind of standard form? Does it need to be signed in front of a notary? We want our apartment complex manager write a letter, and then my husband's son will write a second letter. Any advice appreciated.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 6:30 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Affidavit for removal of conditions

Originally Posted by GoodGirl_J
We will be filing for removal of conditions for my GC at the end of April and I'm trying to get all the documents ready. The directions ask for affidavit from at least two people that know us. Did you guys use some kind of standard form? Does it need to be signed in front of a notary? We want our apartment complex manager write a letter, and then my husband's son will write a second letter. Any advice appreciated.
Hi:

Sigh. This is an FAQ. Please re-read the instructions -- the use of affidavits is NOT required.

There is a difference of opinion on their use though -- MY feeling is that they are worthless unless they are pretty much the only thing you've got. In the "normal" case, a couple will usually generate quite a bit of documentation showing joint life togehter -- and the documentation can vary quite a bit.

That said, you do a jurat before a notary OR you can use the magic language of "I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States that the forgoing is true and correct. [date] [signature]."

This is the legal equivalent of a notarized jurat.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 7:55 pm
Retire to Italy

hi GoodGirl

Welcome herein and please find below some details which i hope may be
of value to you in the context of your question and your application.

You should submit affidavits sworn to or affirmed by at least 2 people
(who are either US citizen or lawful permanent resident) who have known
both of you since your conditional residence was granted have personal
knowledge of your marriage and relationship. (Such persons may be
required to testify before an immigration officer as to the information
contained in the affidavit.)

The original affidavit must be submitted and also contain the following
information regarding the person making the affidavit: his or her full
name and address; date and place of birth; relationship to you and your
spouse, if any, and full information and complete details explaining
how the person acquired his or her knowledge. Signature must be
notarized.

There is no specific/required form or wording. You may have the
Affidavit completed in normal lawperson language.

For example the person might state that he/she knows you both and that
in their opinion you and your spouse have a ongoing strong and happy
marital relationship that they anticipate will be lifetime. They are
happily married couple ect ect .
if applicable ( eg if bank manager) might also state that you have both
maintianed a bank account in joint names or as you mention a property
manager .. said manager might refer to knowing you since a certain date
and in what capacity and that he/she is of opinion that the couple has
a strong bond, mutual understanding among them, and they really care
for one another.

As stated there is no particular wording just that which is appropriate
to the circumstances of the person completing the affidavit and their
particular knowledge of you both.

It is important that the person completing the affidavit should also
indicate their name address and date of birth and also it would be no
harm to have their telephone number also indicated thereon.

Hope that may help you.

Best of luck Julia

Old Apr 11th 2006, 8:14 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Pay attention to post 2, ignore post 3.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 11:02 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Boiler
Pay attention to post 2, ignore post 3.
Why?
Old Apr 11th 2006, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

aznewsh has a reputation beyond reputeaznewsh has a reputation beyond reputeaznewsh has a reputation beyond reputeaznewsh has a reputation beyond reputeaznewsh has a reputation beyond reputeaznewsh has a reputation beyond reputeaznewsh has a reputation beyond reputeaznewsh has a reputation beyond reputeaznewsh has a reputation beyond reputeaznewsh has a reputation beyond reputeaznewsh has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking as somebody who went through this process, I didn't need the above mentioned affidavit, we found that utility bills and bank statements sufficed

On the other hand, more amunition in your favour is better than not enough
Old Apr 11th 2006, 11:21 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Why?
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...3&postcount=32
Old Apr 11th 2006, 11:26 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

The woman is clealry on a roll! I wonder what brings her out of the woodwork. Maybe it's all this rain we've been having - may have flushed her out of her cave...

Edited to add: yes I know I am mixing my metaphors - she has that effect on me...

Last edited by Elvira; Apr 12th 2006 at 12:06 am.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 11:34 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
The woman is clealry on a roll! I wonder what brings her out of the woodwork. Maybe it's all this rain we've been having - may have flushed her out of her cage...

Edited to add: yes I know I am mixing my metaphors - she has that effect on me...

She's very funny!

But unfortunately, the other "professionals" now seem to be using her for a link to their little hobby. Actually, I'm thinking of starting a thread along the lines of Mornington Crescent whereby whatever we start with ends up with prolific hobbyist (5 points) or UPL (10 points). But, alas, I fear our non-British audience or those under 30 may not understand.
Old Apr 12th 2006, 2:36 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Why do you think you need to provide affadavits? What other documentation do you intend to submit with the I-751 application?

I didn't supply any affadavits with my application and there were only six or so pieces of documentation sent to accompany my application (you can search for my previous posts on my application).
Old Apr 12th 2006, 3:11 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Retire to Italy
hi GoodGirl

Welcome herein and please find below some details which i hope may be
of value to you in the context of your question and your application.

You should submit affidavits sworn to or affirmed by at least 2 people
(who are either US citizen or lawful permanent resident) who have known
both of you since your conditional residence was granted have personal
knowledge of your marriage and relationship. (Such persons may be
required to testify before an immigration officer as to the information
contained in the affidavit.)

The original affidavit must be submitted and also contain the following
information regarding the person making the affidavit: his or her full
name and address; date and place of birth; relationship to you and your
spouse, if any, and full information and complete details explaining
how the person acquired his or her knowledge. Signature must be
notarized.
A cut and paste from another web site ... why not give the URL save you a lot of typing
http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/fa...residence.html
Old Apr 12th 2006, 4:03 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
A cut and paste from another web site ... why not give the URL save you a lot of typing
http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/fa...residence.html
Wow, good catch Ray! **karma**

Rene
Old Apr 12th 2006, 4:04 am
Septicity

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Wow, good catch Ray! **karma**

Rene

My congrats, too!
Old Apr 12th 2006, 4:31 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
My congrats, too!
I'm not just a pretty face .......
Old Apr 12th 2006, 4:35 am
Septicity

Originally Posted by Ray
I'm not just a pretty face .......

So why are you hiding behind the hood?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.