Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

UK Senior Estate Agent Can Offer Advice!!

UK Senior Estate Agent Can Offer Advice!!

Old Mar 2nd 2006, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

Melbguy is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up UK Senior Estate Agent Can Offer Advice!!

To all those people who are posting threads and article about selling houses in the Uk, maybe I can offer some advice or helpful tips. I was an Estate agent in the UK for over ten years and I know all the cons!! that are used by buyers and crap estate agents alike. If you need some advice then try me.
We packed up and moved to Melbourne 8 months ago and have never looked back, so if i can help in anyway, then i would feel i would be contributing back to the site. A thank you to all the advice we received when we first thought of moving.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 4:21 am
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all
Default Re: UK Senior Estate Agent Can Offer Advice!!

Originally Posted by Melbguy
To all those people who are posting threads and article about selling houses in the Uk, maybe I can offer some advice or helpful tips. I was an Estate agent in the UK for over ten years and I know all the cons!! that are used by buyers and crap estate agents alike. If you need some advice then try me.
We packed up and moved to Melbourne 8 months ago and have never looked back, so if i can help in anyway, then i would feel i would be contributing back to the site. A thank you to all the advice we received when we first thought of moving.
We are in Melbourne, I think the estate agents here are worse than UK if that is possible! We are looking to buy established & are having to chase them all the time, even though they all have our wish list. Any tips for getting the most out of an Ozzy estae agent is much appreciated.

Stu
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 4:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Rachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lindsay Clan
We are in Melbourne, I think the estate agents here are worse than UK if that is possible! We are looking to buy established & are having to chase them all the time, even though they all have our wish list. Any tips for getting the most out of an Ozzy estae agent is much appreciated.

Stu
We had the opposite problem when we were looking here, they wouldn't leave us alone, I was scared to answer the phone in the end.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 4:33 am
Forum Regular

Funny enough i am now a Australian estate agent in the CBD. Pretty much like the UK, agents out here especially in the suburbs have had a very good time of it over the last few years and havent had to chase the business, ie lazy!! Be polite, firm and persistant and demonstrate that you are ready to purchase. It does actually seem to be more web based in Oz. It is also common place that if the agent is slack, knock on the vendors door and explain that you are getting no joy from the agent!!!
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

Thumbs down Re: UK Senior Estate Agent Can Offer Advice!!

G'day Rachel, Did you buy brand new cos they are like vipers
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 4:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Rachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond repute

G'day Rachel, Did you buy brand new cos they are like vipers
We weren't looking for a new property but we gave up looking in the end, didn't see anything that grabbed us at all, we are now building in Point Cook but we were originally looking around Carrum Downs, Skye, Langwarrin etc. and the agents were always hassling us, even on the first viewing they were wanting us to make an offer. I found MPRE the worst offenders.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

Good Agents are persistant, bad agents are too pushy. Most estate agents are commission only paid so chasing is something they have to do. I guess on a positive if you were selling how hard would you want them to push!! How's the build going?
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 4:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Good Agents are persistant, bad agents are too pushy. Most estate agents are commission only paid so chasing is something they have to do. I guess on a positive if you were selling how hard would you want them to push!! How's the build going?
They were definately pushy but depends what agent you get in the end.

The builds going ok, were at frame stage at the moment and it should be ready some time in June, its stressful but also exciting watching it being built.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: UK Senior Estate Agent Can Offer Advice!!

Stu,

If you PM me I can ensure that youre details are the sort of things an EA will prick their ears up to, and if my organisation has an office there i'll try to pull a favour or two
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

I have mates building in Point Cook and Caroline Springs, and they both seem to be pretty excited. Something nice about having a home built to how you want it and that no-one has ever lived in it before you. I'm definately a fan of new homes.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 4:52 am
BE Enthusiast

I have mates building in Point Cook and Caroline Springs, and they both seem to be pretty excited. Something nice about having a home built to how you want it and that no-one has ever lived in it before you. I'm definately a fan of new homes.
There nice but the companies can be pigs to deal with and the cost of the upgrades is just silly. Next time, if there is one, definately a private architect and private subcontractors, we met someone the other day building the same house as ours who has done it privately and saved around $40,000 with more added extras than us.

Still, it will be nice to get in it and have our own home again.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

not sure if i've done the right thing creating this post, kinda think i'm gonna get a huge response, but i hope that some advice will release some of the stress from the stories i keep reading on here.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

It does appear that the builders are very backward at coming forward in helping with the extra's, and when you do decide you want them they absolutely fleece you (or try to). Always worth looking to employ a project manager.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

How long have you guys been out?
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 4:57 am
BE Enthusiast

How long have you guys been out?

six months now. Have to run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.