Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Feeling really down and low.

Feeling really down and low.

Old Feb 24th 2006, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Feeling really down and low.

Feeling really low at the moment due to the fact that we cannot sell the house.
We have been on the market since last May although priced too high and wrong agent,so we changed agents back in August last year better price etc.We then decided to go out to Qld to validate our visas when my hubbies work shut down we had only 10 nights but had a great time.Looked at where we wanted to settle looked at a business that was for sale and came home on a real high.
Athough at the time we could not really afford it we are now glad that we did validate before Christmasas that was our deadline..
Since then it has been the usual high's and lows had loads of viewings on our house plenty of positive feed back ,so many times we thought people would put in offers but did not.That was until last week when we had a couple round for 3 viewings.This time we really thought we had sold it trying not to get too excited but you know what its like sent an e-mail to the vendor of the business we want to buy started to look at flights for April etc start dreaming of a 3 night stop over in Singapore all that business..
Then When we heard nothing the day after and started to get worried but thought they are probably chewing it over.Then the dreaded phone call came that we have had so many times now that they really liked it but there is not enough room for all their furniture!.
Their are four of us living here and only two of them, thought it would be plenty big enough but there you go.There is always a but.
So fed up we have reduced the price yet again and know eventually it will sell but until then we are living in no mans land.
We know how hard it is going to be when we get out there never mind all this grief we are having now.
We cannot forfill our dreams and will probably loose the business we want to go for.
I know there are so many people whom are much worse off and should think ourselves lucky that we have got this far but sometimes I ask myself is it all worth it.
I am sure there are plenty of us in the same boat and probably sure we are not alone on this but I apologise for feeling sorry for myself but just need to get it off my chest.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

lucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Feeling really down and low.

We are in a similar boat although MUCH earlier in the house selling process.

We decided to validate last October as we wanted to be here for Christmas and then sell the house and go. House has only been on the market for 3 weeks so can't complain at all yet but had similar experiences - 'the house is lovely', 'can't fault it'...but...no offers! It's so frustrating - if the house is so great why don't they put offers in.

I hope it all comes good for you soon - I can't imagine still being on the market and in the UK next year.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 7:10 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dreamaway 10
We have been on the market since last May although priced too high and wrong agent,so we changed agents back in August last year better price etc.We then decided to go out to Qld to validate our visas when my hubbies work shut down we had only 10 nights but had a great time.Looked at where we wanted to settle looked at a business that was for sale and came home on a real high.
Athough at the time we could not really afford it we are now glad that we did validate before Christmasas that was our deadline..
Since then it has been the usual high's and lows had loads of viewings on our house plenty of positive feed back ,so many times we thought people would put in offers but did not.That was until last week when we had a couple round for 3 viewings.This time we really thought we had sold it trying not to get too excited but you know what its like sent an e-mail to the vendor of the business we want to buy started to look at flights for April etc start dreaming of a 3 night stop over in Singapore all that business..
Then When we heard nothing the day after and started to get worried but thought they are probably chewing it over.Then the dreaded phone call came that we have had so many times now that they really liked it but there is not enough room for all their furniture!.
Their are four of us living here and only two of them, thought it would be plenty big enough but there you go.There is always a but.
So fed up we have reduced the price yet again and know eventually it will sell but until then we are living in no mans land.
We know how hard it is going to be when we get out there never mind all this grief we are having now.
We cannot forfill our dreams and will probably loose the business we want to go for.
I know there are so many people whom are much worse off and should think ourselves lucky that we have got this far but sometimes I ask myself is it all worth it.
I am sure there are plenty of us in the same boat and probably sure we are not alone on this but I apologise for feeling sorry for myself but just need to get it off my chest.
Sending some karma to cheer you up. I understand - our sale fell through after we came here, and it's pretty demoralising...

I hope it all works out for you soon. Try not to lose heart...

Sue
Old Feb 24th 2006, 7:12 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Ahh, it must be so infuriating having all those viewings and no sale. I'm nowhere near that stage yet so can't really offer any advice but I hope you sell it soon and it'll all be worth it.

Kath x
Old Feb 24th 2006, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lucy.summers
We are in a similar boat although MUCH earlier in the house selling process.

We decided to validate last October as we wanted to be here for Christmas and then sell the house and go. House has only been on the market for 3 weeks so can't complain at all yet but had similar experiences - 'the house is lovely', 'can't fault it'...but...no offers! It's so frustrating - if the house is so great why don't they put offers in.

I hope it all comes good for you soon - I can't imagine still being on the market and in the UK next year.
Thanks for your reply Lucy and good luck with your house sale.
The housing market is so different now than when we sold before in 2000.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 7:34 am
Marvin for PM

Whitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really nice

You poor souls... we were in the same boat and a buyer came out of the blue 3 weeks ago. Seems to be going ok but am keeping everything crossed until we exchange contracts.
The market has been so flat but spring is on its way and its the best time to sell houses so think positive.. it will sell... and it will sell soon... when the timeis right for you to go it will happen. In the meantime, enjoy your time here in UK do things you will never get chance to do again once you leave and spend quality time with your loved ones( I would send karma but i dont know how to do it!) sent in thought anyway
Ange x
Old Feb 24th 2006, 7:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks guys
Old Feb 24th 2006, 7:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Whitby Wanderers
You poor souls... we were in the same boat and a buyer came out of the blue 3 weeks ago. Seems to be going ok but am keeping everything crossed until we exchange contracts.
The market has been so flat but spring is on its way and its the best time to sell houses so think positive.. it will sell... and it will sell soon... when the timeis right for you to go it will happen. In the meantime, enjoy your time here in UK do things you will never get chance to do again once you leave and spend quality time with your loved ones( I would send karma but i dont know how to do it!) sent in thought anyway
Ange x
Good Luck I shall keep my fingers crossed for you.Thanks for the karma
Old Feb 24th 2006, 7:51 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

oh poop mate - i so know where you are coming from we have been on market since June/July (cant actually remember now that long ago!!) and during all that time we had one offer a couple of weeks ago which we went for. for what its worth, the market is definitely picking up around here because when i drive around i see houses that are now sold which have been on the market equally as long as we were. things are happening. i tell you what though, we changed over to connells and sold it within a week!! might be worth thinking about??

my heart goes out to you it really does because its just awful
Old Feb 24th 2006, 7:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rooksie
oh poop mate - i so know where you are coming from we have been on market since June/July (cant actually remember now that long ago!!) and during all that time we had one offer a couple of weeks ago which we went for. for what its worth, the market is definitely picking up around here because when i drive around i see houses that are now sold which have been on the market equally as long as we were. things are happening. i tell you what though, we changed over to connells and sold it within a week!! might be worth thinking about??

my heart goes out to you it really does because its just awful
Arrghh thanks so much .So pleased to hear that it has finally happened for you.I wish you all the very best.
The worst thing is all the viewings you put yourself out as you do not want to turn anyone down .All the tidying up and then people coming round at after work when you're trying to get the kids tea ready all the hopes built up to then be turned down.You know don't you.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 8:14 am
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

I am really new to the housing market, been on a week now, we have our first viewing at 9 am......yes am tomorrow (sat)
we had a nightmare selling our last house, but who knows ?????
Will try and stay positive and we really hope to sell before June as we dont want to have to have my daughter starting secondary school only to have to take her out again !!!
Will see what happens
Good luck with yours, It does only take that 1 person !!!
And spring is approaching, its picking up(so I have been told!!!)
Jane xxx
K sent J xx
Old Feb 24th 2006, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Jane good luck too.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 8:56 am

Shelley29 is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't give up. Know exactly where you are coming from. We've been on the market 12 months, had to validate, had to reduce the price, started to re-decorate to take our minds off things and then..... along comes a buyer. I'm sure it won't be long for you.

Have sent you some karma.

Shelley x
Old Feb 24th 2006, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

Please keep your chin up, it took us ages to sell our house in the Uk but we did in the end, we thought it would never happen, good luck with everything.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

lucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for your reply Lucy and good luck with your house sale.
The housing market is so different now than when we sold before in 2000.

Couldn't agree more - we sold last house in 2002 and sold in 3 hours for the asking price - somewhat different this time round!!...trying to keep a house tidy with a 19 month old is not the easiest!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.