Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

House Selling Brainstorm

House Selling Brainstorm

Old Dec 30th 2005, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

martinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to all
Default Re: House Selling Brainstorm

What about actually (God forbid) dropping the price at bit?

House prices in the UK are overvalued, thats why they aren't shifting anymore, hardly any First Time Buyers can afford them. I know we want maximum AUS$ for the new life but surely if time is running out a low price compared to the competition will always get a quick sale.
Old Dec 30th 2005, 10:47 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by martinw01908
What about actually (God forbid) dropping the price at bit?

House prices in the UK are overvalued, thats why they aren't shifting anymore, hardly any First Time Buyers can afford them. I know we want maximum AUS$ for the new life but surely if time is running out a low price compared to the competition will always get a quick sale.
we have already dropped once mate. its not that we are hanging out for the best price - far from it. however we havent even had a bleedin offer

going to drop again next week but at this rate we will be selling for sell than we bought !!!
Old Dec 30th 2005, 10:50 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rooksie
Hmm i like your style mate!!
You've been in that world since I've known you

Bless Grace the poor little thing
Old Dec 30th 2005, 10:51 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by fraser
You've been in that world since I've known you
what a strange coincidence

[/QUOTE] Bless Grace the poor little thing [/QUOTE]

she's gonna take it bad mate

Hmmm i did that wrong then
Old Dec 30th 2005, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

martinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to all

we have already dropped once mate. its not that we are hanging out for the best price - far from it. however we havent even had a bleedin offer

going to drop again next week but at this rate we will be selling for sell than we bought !!!
OK. Bugger. Did you mean selling for less than you bought?
Old Dec 30th 2005, 10:55 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

what a strange coincidence
Strange that
Old Dec 30th 2005, 11:19 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by martinw01908
OK. Bugger. Did you mean selling for less than you bought?

we bought for 165,000. originally went on market at 185,000, now down to £178,000 so if we drop to, say, £170,000 chances are we wont even break even when we take into account agents fees. sob sob sob
Old Dec 30th 2005, 11:26 am

we bought for 165,000. originally went on market at 185,000, now down to £178,000 so if we drop to, say, £170,000 chances are we wont even break even when we take into account agents fees. sob sob sob
Unbelievable, Rachel and I both loved the look of your house I can't believe the markets that bad
Old Dec 30th 2005, 11:28 am
Account Closed

Unbelievable, Rachel and I both loved the look of your house I can't believe the markets that bad

thanks mate. you know i thought it would have gone by now but nothing is happening at all and there are about 6 for sale in our street alone. we got agent coming round next week and jed wants to drop again. he would be out there tomorrow if he could
Old Dec 30th 2005, 11:31 am

thanks mate. you know i thought it would have gone by now but nothing is happening at all and there are about 6 for sale in our street alone. we got agent coming round next week and jed wants to drop again. he would be out there tomorrow if he could
Shit mate, looks like you're going to have to swallow it let's hope the exchange rate goes up so you can get some back there.
Old Dec 30th 2005, 11:37 am
Account Closed

Shit mate, looks like you're going to have to swallow it let's hope the exchange rate goes up so you can get some back there.

or even leave some behind - we have thought of doing that.

ive decided to include Jed's multi gym in the sale. tee heee
Old Dec 30th 2005, 6:49 pm
Just Joined

gertrude is an unknown quantity at this point

Things will get better in the spring-the market will bounce back
Old Dec 30th 2005, 8:08 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

This might sound a bit daft but have you thought about doing a lonely hearts ad for your house ?? Along the lines of Cute middle aged house with large bottom end seeks someone to ...... It would at least catch peoples eyes and reel them in out of curiosity, you could put up posters in shop windows or even in the local newspaper. If you made it kind of humerous it could get people talking and hopefully word of mouth might lead to more interest.