Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Embassy - Quick as whips

British Embassy - Quick as whips

Old Dec 8th 2005, 2:49 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default British Embassy - Quick as whips

Bloody hell, when the british become efficient?

I sent off my application to register my (american born) daughter as an British citizen last Thursday and received all my documentation (birth certiticates..etc) and a letter from the embassy just now!

Gobsmacked!

The letter says that it takes upto 6 months for the home office in Liverpool to register.

FYI:- for anyone else who has american born children and wants them registered as British Citizens just fax the embassy, they will send you a pack with all the information and a form - the form took 2 minutes to fill out (because I am a Brit). You send it to the embassy and it will cost you $446 and voila - your child is as british as Chicken Marsala and Prisoner cell block H
Old Dec 8th 2005, 4:54 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default Re: British Embassy - Quick as whips

Originally Posted by Patrick

I sent off my application to register my (american born) daughter as an British citizen last Thursday and received all my documentation (birth certiticates..etc) and a letter from the embassy just now!

Gobsmacked!

The letter says that it takes upto 6 months for the home office in Liverpool to register.

FYI:- for anyone else who has american born children and wants them registered as British Citizens just fax the embassy, they will send you a pack with all the information and a form - the form took 2 minutes to fill out (because I am a Brit). You send it to the embassy and it will cost you $446 and viola - your child is as british as Chicken Marsala and Prisoner cell block H
What a bloody rip off. I want to register our latest edition and get her dual nationality. It's going to have to be her Christmas present at that price.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 5:35 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Gobsmacked!

FYI:- for anyone else who has american born children and wants them registered as British Citizens just fax the embassy, they will send you a pack with all the information and a form - the form took 2 minutes to fill out (because I am a Brit). You send it to the embassy and it will cost you $446 and voila - your child is as british as Chicken Marsala and Prisoner cell block H
I shall bear that in mind for 3 months and 3 weeks time then!
Old Dec 8th 2005, 5:39 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
What a bloody rip off. I want to register our latest edition and get her dual nationality. It's going to have to be her Christmas present at that price.
In 18 years ill explain to mine where her college fund went...
Old Dec 8th 2005, 5:56 pm

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

For $446 I should think it was quick
Old Dec 8th 2005, 6:22 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robskatie
For $446 I should think it was quick
That is just to register, you then have to fork out another $140 for a passport the the little bleeder!
Old Dec 8th 2005, 6:23 pm
strangely floppy..

That is just to register, you then have to fork out another $140 for a passport the the little bleeder!
I told the wife that a Dog would have been more practical, but she wouldnt sodding listen..
Old Dec 8th 2005, 6:37 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Call it £250... it sounds less..
Old Dec 8th 2005, 8:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

britchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud of

Oh my goodness! I was hoping that was a typing error and you really meant $46.

I'm due in the spring, and I'm in shock. Who knew being British was so costly!

Can I just get a passport for the little one and skip the $446 part?!
Old Dec 8th 2005, 8:52 pm

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britchicknyc

I have just found out that I am expecting next summer (unexpectedly!!) Bet the price will go up by then too
Old Dec 8th 2005, 8:55 pm
I'm as thick as a plank!

PrincessofWales is an unknown quantity at this point

I have just found out that I am expecting next summer (unexpectedly!!) Bet the price will go up by then too
I recently got married, it cost me upwards of $600 all told to change my name in two nations, rip off.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 8:57 pm
Pagan Sex God

a us passport, you have to register them as a british citizen to get them a british passport
Old Dec 8th 2005, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

britchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud of

a us passport, you have to register them as a british citizen to get them a british passport

Thanks Patrick - that is so frustrating, but I guess I'll have to suck it up as I definately want my little one to have both passports.

Why on earth is it so expensive though?
Old Dec 8th 2005, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Philgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Patrick - that is so frustrating, but I guess I'll have to suck it up as I definately want my little one to have both passports.

Why on earth is it so expensive though?
Because they have to send you the irony and sarcasm upgrade that US hospitals don't insert at birth like UK hospitals do.

Old Dec 8th 2005, 9:13 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.