Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

October 2005 Skilled 136 applicants Non-modl

October 2005 Skilled 136 applicants Non-modl

Old Nov 6th 2005, 2:16 am
BE Enthusiast

obiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to behold
Default October 2005 Skilled 136 applicants Non-modl

Hi there,

since there is already a "Nov 2005" applicants thread, and a "Oct 2005 MODL" thread....

i figured might as well make one for us Skilled 136 Non-MODL applicants...

hope to be living in Brisbane in 4-5 months time.......

now for the dreadful waiting game....but hey, at least it doesnt take 4 years (like Canada).....hope DIMIA can be lightning quick again!
Old May 2nd 2006, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Techno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: October 2005 Skilled 136 applicants Non-modl

Originally Posted by obiwan
Hi there,

since there is already a "Nov 2005" applicants thread, and a "Oct 2005 MODL" thread....

now for the dreadful waiting game....but hey, at least it doesnt take 4 years (like Canada).....hope DIMIA can be lightning quick again!

Looks like you're the only one then? Have you had a CO yet? I am a late Nov non-modl 136 and trying to suss out a CO timeline.

Did you find any other October non-modl's?

Good luck with your visa.....
Old May 2nd 2006, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

johnnyboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Techno Freak
Looks like you're the only one then? Have you had a CO yet? I am a late Nov non-modl 136 and trying to suss out a CO timeline.

Did you find any other October non-modl's?

Good luck with your visa.....

Count me in.

I'm mid October and not a sniff yet, although feeling hopeful something might happen soon
Old May 2nd 2006, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

obiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to behold

hi guys,

no CO yet, called DIMIA last week and they said to expect another 1-2 months before CO allocation...

LOL.... when i created this thread, i thought the clock starts once you Fedex your app, i only found out later on that i needed to start counting once DIMIA emails me that actual date they recieved it in the ack letter (for me was Nov. 01)

so i guess i can still consider myself an Octoberite as well....

also you will notice that because of the points.... it is rare to have a 136 application (non-MODL), most of them are MODLers.....

anyway, from what i am gathering, they are only processing the Aug-Sept apps....so i think that means we should hear something in the next 45 days....

this waiting sucks....i thought i would hear something on the 4th month mark....
Old May 2nd 2006, 10:54 am
bjw
Forum Regular

bjw is just really nicebjw is just really nicebjw is just really nicebjw is just really nicebjw is just really nicebjw is just really nicebjw is just really nicebjw is just really nicebjw is just really nicebjw is just really nicebjw is just really nice

We are October 31st non modl and not a peep either. Going for our meds 19th May obviously unrequested and sending new PCC's house going up for sale 28th May still hopeful to move this year.

The waiting is stressing us out big time!
Becca
Old May 2nd 2006, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

hi guys,
also you will notice that because of the points.... it is rare to have a 136 application (non-MODL), most of them are MODLers.....

anyway, from what i am gathering, they are only processing the Aug-Sept apps....so i think that means we should hear something in the next 45 days....

this waiting sucks....i thought i would hear something on the 4th month mark....
There's not many of us for sure.

I'm really starting to get impatient now as I have front loaded and hoping that all they have to do is stamp it will approved or what ever they do.
Old May 2nd 2006, 12:23 pm
Just Joined

CanuksToOz will become famous soon enoughCanuksToOz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bjw
We are October 31st non modl and not a peep either. Going for our meds 19th May obviously unrequested and sending new PCC's house going up for sale 28th May still hopeful to move this year.

The waiting is stressing us out big time!
Becca
We also are October 31st non MODL and haven't heard anything. Haven't frontloaded meds and/or PCCs yet. The waiting is definitely stressing us out too. Everything seems like it's on hold while waiting. Hope we all hear from DIMIA real soon!
Old May 2nd 2006, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

sydney06 is just really nicesydney06 is just really nicesydney06 is just really nicesydney06 is just really nicesydney06 is just really nicesydney06 is just really nicesydney06 is just really nicesydney06 is just really nicesydney06 is just really nicesydney06 is just really nicesydney06 is just really nice

Hi to everyone,
have only just joined but have been eagerly watching for the last few months.
We are non-modl and our ack letter (dated 11th Oct 05) states that they recieved our details on the 29th Sept 05.
We front loaded our pcc and meds in Feb 05 but have not heard anything. We are hoping everything will go smoothly and they will skip to granting us the visa.
Only now, because we have done this we have no idea where we are time wise beacuse they won't ask for our meds/pcc.
I am going nuts. It wouldn't be too bad if you knew when you would know.

We are planning to be in Ausland in Sept.
Old May 2nd 2006, 8:20 pm
We're here in Brissie

Fionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really nice

We are Oct, subclass 139 and at the very last stage. Had a propblem with centerlink who binned 1 of our aos's forms and wanted him to resubmit them. anyway he is appealing as they were basicaly told everything was ok so we are just waiting on centerlink getting their act together and hoping to be there by the end of Oct.

We're not modl but I joined the other thread anyway ;-)

Fiona
Old May 3rd 2006, 6:10 am
Finally living the dream!

AlCo is a jewel in the roughAlCo is a jewel in the roughAlCo is a jewel in the roughAlCo is a jewel in the roughAlCo is a jewel in the rough

Hi, have only just joined also. We are 136 non-MODL ack 24 Oct. I phoned DIMA yesterday to see if anything has happened and they told me a CO is assigned and the app is being processed - no problems yet.

There is hope after all !! Back to the waiting now though...
Old May 3rd 2006, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AlCo
Hi, have only just joined also. We are 136 non-MODL ack 24 Oct. I phoned DIMA yesterday to see if anything has happened and they told me a CO is assigned and the app is being processed - no problems yet.

Brilliant, that's good news Alco. Good to read there's movement on October acknowledgements.

I'm itching to ring as well but have to build up to a late school night!
Old May 3rd 2006, 8:30 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

if its any help, we are non-modl sept (beginning of), but a 138 visa. our co contacted us on 10/4, so i would have thought people in october should be hearing pretty soon, dependin on when in october you was acknowledged.

fingers crossed for you all, the waiting is horrendous.
xx
Old May 3rd 2006, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

zermanedz has much to be proud ofzermanedz has much to be proud ofzermanedz has much to be proud ofzermanedz has much to be proud ofzermanedz has much to be proud ofzermanedz has much to be proud ofzermanedz has much to be proud ofzermanedz has much to be proud ofzermanedz has much to be proud ofzermanedz has much to be proud ofzermanedz has much to be proud of

Hi there,

Hi there can I join this thread. Am Sept MODL but acknowledged Oct am MODL but am being treated like non MODL and am second to last one left on our thread so feel kind of lonely!!!
Old May 3rd 2006, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AlCo

thats great, i have heard of rare cases in which a non-MODL 136er is processed fast, but it was a highly skilled occupation (aircraft technical skill/engineer)

nice to see lots of new posters! hope you guys can keep this thread alive by posting whatever developments you get....

good luck to us......
Old May 3rd 2006, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zermanedz
Hi there can I join this thread. Am Sept MODL but acknowledged Oct am MODL but am being treated like non MODL and am second to last one left on our thread so feel kind of lonely!!!
LOL, sure, welcome to the club....although i am sure you will be hearing something very soon....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.