Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

How is your house sale going PartII

Old Oct 24th 2005, 4:21 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How is your house sale going PartII

Originally Posted by Paul2004
OMG!

I have someone who wants to view my house! ...

Bout as good as it gets this end!

I think I'll grab a bottle of champagne when out, this DEF is cause for celebration! ...
you had me going for a minute there mate i thought someone had turned up woth a suitcase of money!!

good luck!!!

we had a BOMB SCARE in paignton today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scared: :scared:
Old Oct 24th 2005, 4:30 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rooksie
we had a BOMB SCARE in paignton today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scared: :scared:
Huh what happened?
Old Oct 24th 2005, 4:45 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by possoms
Huh what happened?

hubbie just heard it on the news driving home we are checking tv news now - all trains were stopped and roads were chaos :scared:
Old Oct 24th 2005, 6:41 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

OMG!

I have someone who wants to view my house! ...

Bout as good as it gets this end!

I think I'll grab a bottle of champagne when out, this DEF is cause for celebration! ...
Oh good luck Mr
Old Oct 24th 2005, 9:13 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Rooksie
you had me going for a minute there mate i thought someone had turned up woth a suitcase of money!!

good luck!!!

Cheers.

No with all the recent agg with agents and stuff, we are now with a new agent and on the market with a £15,000 reduction to the price.

This is the first viewing.

I must admit, it's quite sad when a viewing gets you all excited, but we aint had anyone through the door for weeks!

See if we have any luck with this lot!
Old Oct 24th 2005, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers.

No with all the recent agg with agents and stuff, we are now with a new agent and on the market with a £15,000 reduction to the price.

This is the first viewing.

I must admit, it's quite sad when a viewing gets you all excited, but we aint had anyone through the door for weeks!

See if we have any luck with this lot!

action is what you need and it seems like you are getting it....good luck
Old Oct 24th 2005, 9:28 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by psb182
action is what you need and it seems like you are getting it....good luck
Thanks.

Yeah just gonna keep dropping the price now till it sells.

Can't be hanging around forever!
Old Oct 24th 2005, 9:45 pm
Mandy & Stu x

stutay is an unknown quantity at this point

We finally sold our house - although we first had it on the market Oct last year then took it off and decided to decorate the entire house and got rid of loads of bits & bobs that made our house look like a bloody carboot sale.

Anyway we finally went with another estate agents - and wait for it ................ original price was £140,000 and after dropping and dropping the price we finally got £125,500 - big loss but my fellas new employees were waiting for us to get out there - and we couldn't really afford to keep it going !!!

After over a year off stress it's finally happening !!

My advice is keep smiling - and bake bread lol
Old Oct 24th 2005, 9:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.

Yeah just gonna keep dropping the price now till it sells.

Can't be hanging around forever!
I posted this a while ago.......do it in small chunks and you WILL get action I promise you...http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=332426
Old Oct 24th 2005, 9:55 pm
Account Closed

I posted this a while ago.......do it in small chunks and you WILL get action I promise you...http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=332426
Yeah good advice.

Our 1st (and only really so far) agent said today that maybe he over valued it, which was handy! ... but we're now goin on at a realistic price.

If we drop from this point I'll be taking your advice of small increments! ...

Can only drop a certain amount and below that we can't get to Oz so I guess this is all or nothing now! ... :scared:
Old Oct 24th 2005, 9:59 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

not always mate , my last house sold in a few days with a new agent after 4 months on with 1st one , same price .
This one house doc'ed and getting offers .
know your local market and be real with price !
So many factors come into it its unreal !
I'm lucky i feel as mine is only a 2 bed and should always be indemand ,bigger props may take longer , i know they are in my area !
Old Oct 25th 2005, 5:11 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Perthforme
I'm lucky i feel as mine is only a 2 bed and should always be indemand ,bigger props may take longer , i know they are in my area !
Yeah here too!

ALL agents we've spoke to have said they can't get enough 2 bed flats to sell. Even ex local authority 3 bed houses are selling like hot cakes! .... but we're very much at the top of the market for our area with a 3/4 bed detached house.

Still, 2 doors along only took 14 months to sell! ...

Market IS looking a lot better tho. Other halves brother is an Estate Agent in London, and he said the market's picked up quite a bit in the last month or so. He reckons we've got till mid November to sell, or it'll be next year for us!
Old Oct 25th 2005, 8:27 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah here too!

ALL agents we've spoke to have said they can't get enough 2 bed flats to sell. Even ex local authority 3 bed houses are selling like hot cakes! .... but we're very much at the top of the market for our area with a 3/4 bed detached house.

Still, 2 doors along only took 14 months to sell! ...

Market IS looking a lot better tho. Other halves brother is an Estate Agent in London, and he said the market's picked up quite a bit in the last month or so. He reckons we've got till mid November to sell, or it'll be next year for us!
Have you got your visa yet paul?
Old Oct 25th 2005, 8:39 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by possoms
Have you got your visa yet paul?
No not yet ...

Altho with Student Visa's they're granted in weeks!

We're gonna try and time it right so we get our visa's in between offer and exchange, to be on the safe side.

We've looked into what's required, and altho you can never be 100%, I think we'll be ok, so in an ideal world ( ) we get buyer, apply and obtain visa's, exchange & complete, move out (bro in law will put us up till we go) and then go! ... :scared:

That IS in an ideal world tho! ...
Old Oct 25th 2005, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Makes sense since by mid November Christmas planning and partying is starting so looking for houses takes a back burner then in January everyone is nursing a physical and financial hangover for the month.

When we realised our house was going back on the market I reckoned we had 3 weeks to get an offer otherwise we may as well plan for another UK Christmas.

Good luck in the selling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.