Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Our house sale's fell through.

Our house sale's fell through.

Old Aug 31st 2005, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all
Default Our house sale's fell through.

We got a phone call from our agent yesterday our buyers have pulled out, they only came on Friday to measure up, they even said to us how much they loved our house and could'nt wait to move in on the 6th Oct.

Now it's back to the drawing board we've been on the market 6mths now, i dont think i can cope trying to sell the bloody thing again, what is it with people messing you about, the hole emigrating thing is stressfull enough waiting for the visa to come (pre-july 14mths visa wait) without all the hardship of trying to sell the house, we've dropped the price £25,000 in total now and still can't sell it.

Will we ever get to Brisbane?????????

Paula.
Old Aug 31st 2005, 8:09 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Our house sale's fell through.

Did they say why they pulled out?

Sounds a bit fishy to me....

Sending you some k
Old Aug 31st 2005, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute

Wishing you some happiness over the next few days. Fingers crossed all will work out foryou.

Lisa.x

sending your some Karma

Last edited by oliverandlisa; Aug 31st 2005 at 8:16 am. Reason: sending karma
Old Aug 31st 2005, 8:19 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cantwait
We got a phone call from our agent yesterday our buyers have pulled out, they only came on Friday to measure up, they even said to us how much they loved our house and could'nt wait to move in on the 6th Oct.

Now it's back to the drawing board we've been on the market 6mths now, i dont think i can cope trying to sell the bloody thing again, what is it with people messing you about, the hole emigrating thing is stressfull enough waiting for the visa to come (pre-july 14mths visa wait) without all the hardship of trying to sell the house, we've dropped the price £25,000 in total now and still can't sell it.

Paula.

Been there done that

The old phrase BUYERS ARE LIARS !!! springs to mind.

We dropped our House price 75k !!! to get shot of it.

IT WILL COME GOOD !!!!! Think good and itll be rite, i promise. I sincerely hope evrything falls back into place for you, ya must be pickled

Steve n Debs
Old Aug 31st 2005, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bridiej
Did they say why they pulled out?

Sounds a bit fishy to me....

Sending you some k
Thank u.

The agent said she thinks it must be money only they called into her office yesterday to arrange to view some properties a lot cheaper than our's, she said she tried to get a reason from them as to why they've pulled out and they just said they have changed there minds, cruel or what.
Old Aug 31st 2005, 8:33 am
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Thank u.

The agent said she thinks it must be money only they called into her office yesterday to arrange to view some properties a lot cheaper than our's, she said she tried to get a reason from them as to why they've pulled out and they just said they have changed there minds, cruel or what.
I'm going to ask for a deposit if mine goes back on the market, it hasn't fallen through quite yet though.
We are still hoping it will go through, but I'm not holding my breath.
Old Aug 31st 2005, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

Big Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura about

Paula.

Sorry to hear your sale has fallen through!

The only thing that kept me going through the house selling process was . Truthfully it was the hardest part of the process (and the longest - partly due to being nieve and not keeping on top of the solicitors and estate agents).

It will happen, keep your chin up and now the holidays are nearly over the estate agents start getting busier.

BB
Old Aug 31st 2005, 8:38 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pompeywill
I'm going to ask for a deposit if mine goes back on the market, it hasn't fallen through quite yet though.
We are still hoping it will go through, but I'm not holding my breath.
When our WAN** american buyers fell thru, well cancelled after pissing us about for 6 friggin months the fat bassards, WE ARE NOT BITTER !!!!!!!!

We asked agent FFS we must be able to get recompense or indeed next time get a deposit, he said No chance.

Hardly any BUYERS solicitor would agree to that even if the buyer did.

Uk House buying system stinks.

JUST wait till you are here and buy a HOUSE the system is SLICK QUICK AND **** < ran outta rhymin words
Old Aug 31st 2005, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

BettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Our house sale's fell through.

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
When our WAN** american buyers fell thru, well cancelled after pissing us about for 6 friggin months the fat bassards, WE ARE NOT BITTER !!!!!!!!

We asked agent FFS we must be able to get recompense or indeed next time get a deposit, he said No chance.

Hardly any BUYERS solicitor would agree to that even if the buyer did.

Uk House buying system stinks.

JUST wait till you are here and buy a HOUSE the system is SLICK QUICK AND **** < ran outta rhymin words
The system is a bit better in Scotland...however, until the missives are signed each party can walk away. Our and their lawyer haggled for 6 weeks before ours were signed....terrified right up until then!!!
Old Aug 31st 2005, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

Fuggle will become famous soon enoughFuggle will become famous soon enough

Paula.

Completely sympathise with you - we have just had that done to us - were waiting around in the chain for 13 weeks and then the people buying our buyers house decided to walk away a couple of days before the exchange.
All I can say is thank our lucky stars we paid no attention to our solicitor who said it was all hunky dory and was going through as we would of booked the shippers in and been in really stuck with no furniture!
We have now come back into the market game again so fingers crossed something happens soon.
Have a Visa validation date comeing up in the next month, so looks like its going to be a holiday, rather then a move to Brisbane for us!
Sending you Karma - hang in there.

x
Old Aug 31st 2005, 8:44 am
Banned

Originally Posted by BettyBoop
The system is a bit better in Scotland...however, until the missives are signed each party can walk away. Our and their lawyer haggled for 6 weeks before ours were signed....terrified right up until then!!!
wots a Missive???

Yer heard scotland system is good

Steve
Old Aug 31st 2005, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

BettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
wots a Missive???

Yer heard scotland system is good

Steve
It's just a legal term denoting the exchange of contracts and title deeds...in effect you can sue if other side don't pay up as agreed per contract.

Cheers

Liz
Old Aug 31st 2005, 8:58 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank u.

It is cruel, and if I was the agent I'd steer clear of them, but I guess all they care about is their commission
Old Aug 31st 2005, 9:26 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Paula.
Hi Paula,

sorry to hear about your house woes, I know it's of little help but keep the faith, it will happen for you and there will be a buyer out there for you.....damn frustrating though....

D D
Old Aug 31st 2005, 9:29 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Paula.
We still have some slight hopes of ours going through but I wouldn't wish this all on my worst enemy. Will send you karma

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.