Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any one trained to be an Estate Agent ?

Any one trained to be an Estate Agent ?

Old Aug 16th 2005, 8:34 pm
Don't use It's green card

baconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of light
Default Any one trained to be an Estate Agent ?

Hi, hopefully the title says it all but I'll expand. I'm thinking of a bit of a career change and considering becoming an estate agent. I know you have to study to become one but wondered if anyone had gone down this route when they'd arrivd in aus. ?

Apologies for such a boring thread . I'll try and think of something better for the future.
Old Aug 16th 2005, 8:51 pm
BLC

Default Re: Any one trained to be an Estate Agent ?

Originally Posted by baconmaster
Hi, hopefully the title says it all but I'll expand. I'm thinking of a bit of a career change and considering becoming an estate agent. I know you have to study to become one but wondered if anyone had gone down this route when they'd arrivd in aus. ?

Apologies for such a boring thread . I'll try and think of something better for the future.
Contact your local TAFE, NSW used to do this as distance learning if I remember correctly.

Any other offers?

Old Aug 16th 2005, 9:04 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Estate agent and trained in the one sentence. And they said it couldnt be done.

Nah but seriously there was a member on here that did it in Aus I think the gold coast area. The guy who had all the stress with the defacto application? Maybe some of the older members(now see who replies) will remember his name. However you do need tafe I think now.
Old Aug 16th 2005, 9:07 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seang
Estate agent and trained in the one sentence. And they said it couldnt be done.

Nah but seriously there was a member on here that did it in Aus I think the gold coast area. The guy who had all the stress with the defacto application? Maybe some of the older members(now see who replies) will remember his name. However you do need tafe I think now.
Didn`t realise TAFE taught you how to not answer queries and keep hold of bond money
Old Aug 16th 2005, 9:14 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
Didn`t realise TAFE taught you how to not answer queries and keep hold of bond money
Actually they dont - they get those numties from you know where to give classes. See I got my visa so the worst they can do is cancel it but the form filling would probably give them a heart attack or maybe get them all excited (maybe better stop now)

to the o/p also some of the posters on here advertise rentals (homes) so they may have the inside track on it. They should be awakening soon lazy sods and they will say oh well its the time difference!!!
Old Aug 16th 2005, 9:18 pm
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light

OUCH!!!!....get ready for some barbed answers to this question..!!!!
Old Aug 16th 2005, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

I am also thinking of going into real estate when I arrive in Aus, if you go the below link it's lot of info how to get the ball rolling

http://www.ljhooker.com.au/content/c...d=104&cat_id=1

Hope this helps
Martin
Old Aug 16th 2005, 10:21 pm
Sydney- North Shore

jjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by CORKER
OUCH!!!!....get ready for some barbed answers to this question..!!!!
My Boss' son did it, took him a whole 2 weeks to qualify from a completely different profession...
Has now jacked it in 3 months later as he was on commission only for sales and couldn't sell any homes....
Old Aug 17th 2005, 6:10 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, baconmaster - I can only assume you are having a breakdown as no one in their right mind would seriously consider Estate Agency as a career choice??? You cannot be serious, my good man!

I'll try to put this politely but as far as most of us are concerned, estate agents are the biggest bunch of shites that ever walked the earth - they are nothing but bottom feeders; crabs hanging onto the pubes of mother nature, boils on backside of humanity.......you getting the picture here?

No training is needed to become an Estate Agent as their byword IS unprofessionalism. How can you study to become a lying smarmy money-grabbing bastard - it's a latent skill most of them are born with!

My advice would be to go and see you Doctor immediately. I'm sure there is medication that will help until you have passed through this phase and are back to normal.

Nicky
Old Aug 17th 2005, 6:15 am
Don't use It's green card

baconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
Okay, baconmaster - I can only assume you are having a breakdown as no one in their right mind would seriously consider Estate Agency as a career choice??? You cannot be serious, my good man!

I'll try to put this politely but as far as most of us are concerned, estate agents are the biggest bunch of shites that ever walked the earth - they are nothing but bottom feeders; crabs hanging onto the pubes of mother nature, boils on backside of humanity.......you getting the picture here?

No training is needed to become an Estate Agent as their byword IS unprofessionalism. How can you study to become a lying smarmy money-grabbing bastard - it's a latent skill most of them are born with!

My advice would be to go and see you Doctor immediately. I'm sure there is medication that will help until you have passed through this phase and are back to normal.

Nicky

Based on what you just said there I don't think I'm going to need any training, I have al;l the qualities already!! . Obviously I am still to have dealings with Estate Agents in Aus. and this could change my opinion.
Old Aug 17th 2005, 6:32 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Based on what you just said there I don't think I'm going to need any training, I have al;l the qualities already!! . Obviously I am still to have dealings with Estate Agents in Aus. and this could change my opinion.
Estate agents are a special kind of lying, smarmy money-grabbing bastard - even though you may think you are one, I'm sure it's not too late to change.

I was going to suggest Electric Shock Treatment, but perhaps as you say, having to deal with them in Oz will be shock enough!!

I will pray for you, baconmaster.

Nicky
Old Aug 17th 2005, 7:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jjonboy
My Boss' son did it, took him a whole 2 weeks to qualify from a completely different profession...
Has now jacked it in 3 months later as he was on commission only for sales and couldn't sell any homes....

2 weeks that must have been the degree course all you need up here is $500, a 4 day course , a blue shirt, white shoes $10 sunglasses and a tub of hair gel.
Old Aug 17th 2005, 7:17 am
ABCDiamond

A good place to start, is to read the "Property Agents and Motor Dealers Act", as all real estate agents in Queensland must be licensed under said Act.

http://www.fairtrading.qld.gov.au/OF...1=Business&L1=

It's easy to become to registered Salesman, but harder to hold a full Agents licence.

Experience as a Used Car Saleman would be useful

Old Aug 17th 2005, 7:17 am
In my own little world!

Originally Posted by jad n rich
2 weeks that must have been the degree course all you need up here is $500, a 4 day course , a blue shirt, white shoes $10 sunglasses and a tub of hair gel.
At least, if it doesn't work out, you can become a smooth-talking, jive-walking DJ without having to splash out on a whole new wardrobe!

Nicky
Old Aug 17th 2005, 8:11 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave

Nicky
Cracking post - Karma on its way !!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.