Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Anyone else using Australian Migration Associates Ltd in Manchester??

Anyone else using Australian Migration Associates Ltd in Manchester??

Old Aug 15th 2005, 7:32 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute
Question Anyone else using Australian Migration Associates Ltd in Manchester??

Are you using AMA Ltd??

Just wondering how you are finding them, we are using them and so far so good but still at early stages!!

Would like to hear good and bad views!!

Thanks Everyone
Old Aug 16th 2005, 2:36 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone else using Australian Migration Associates Ltd in Manchester??

Hi there,

We used them, as did a few others that browse this site. They were ok....ish.
We obtained our visa, but felt they were rather slow.
Old Aug 16th 2005, 4:08 am
Forum Regular

gasmark is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone else using Australian Migration Associates Ltd in Manchester??

Hi all,

We used them for TRA and migration and thought they were very good.

It is very frustrating I know but the migration process in it's self is painfully slow, so it doesn't really matter who your agent is they're tied by those in adelaide.

all the best.

Gasmark
Old Aug 16th 2005, 7:54 am
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Hi there,

We used them, as did a few others that browse this site. They were ok....ish.
We obtained our visa, but felt they were rather slow.

How long did they take to get your visa!!
Old Aug 16th 2005, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

nik laws will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by toon williams
How long did they take to get your visa!!
Hi there! Yes we are using AMA so far we have found them very good,we are waiting for our TRA results.We have found them quick in sending next stage of paper work and seemed to be getting things moving quickly for us.
Good luck to everyone.
Old Aug 16th 2005, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

gasmark is on a distinguished road

We signed up with them for our TRA feb 2004 and ended up with our visa's 4th of jan 2005 the visa's were dated 12th december.

They must have got stuck in the xmas post with santa's stuff!!!

All the best Mark, Maria
Old Aug 16th 2005, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

JJL family will become famous soon enoughJJL family will become famous soon enough

we used AMA,

Only took 10 months to get our visa's from start to finish (think it was so fast because application went in after 1st july) didn't rate AMA at all.......in fact one of the cheeky bitches (sorry girls)........said i'd turned her hair grey :scared:

personally i think they only take clients on if they are 98% sure they'll get in.

I would definatly recommend go matilda they were fantastic with some friends of ours.

lesley
Old Aug 16th 2005, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

JJL family will become famous soon enoughJJL family will become famous soon enough

Sorry forgot to mention.......we knew we'd got our visa's before they did - we found out on the 22nd december.......think they told us early january.
Old Aug 16th 2005, 9:25 am
An Official Visa Holder

Originally Posted by JJL family
Sorry forgot to mention.......we knew we'd got our visa's before they did - we found out on the 22nd december.......think they told us early january.

Lesley I think you are right about them only taking on people that are 98% sure of getting in, as friends of ours they didnt take on and they are using another agent and everything seems fine so far!!

How come you found about the visa before they did?? Do they email you or something??

I have no problems as yet they seem very good was just wondering what others had experienced!!
Old Aug 16th 2005, 9:43 am
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Are you using AMA Ltd??

Just wondering how you are finding them, we are using them and so far so good but still at early stages!!

Thanks Everyone
we too used sheila and shirley from ama......

lovely ladies.....and fantastic service...... When you next speak to them Say Lisa and Andy with the five kids....from Stoke Say hi and Give them our love...... there cant be that many peeps which such a big family......

boomie
xxx
Old Aug 16th 2005, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

How come you found about the visa before they did?? Do they email you or something??

We e-mailed our case officer on the 21st dec (shirley and sheila by the way told us never e-mail the case officer) our case officer lovely woman...replied straight away congratulating us on getting the visa.

By the way we e-mailed our case officer a few times (much to shirley and sheila's disappointment) and she replied every time infact she was more helpfull then they were.
Old Aug 16th 2005, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

Sujy will become famous soon enoughSujy will become famous soon enough

Hi

We used AMA. As you have started the process I suppose you are stuck with them. They got us the visa.....enough said!

We didn't exactly warm to them. They called me "luvvy" all the time which really wound me up. If you asked a question I felt they thought you were stupid. My sister in Oz found out some information before they did, and you could tell they were quite put out about it.

They wrote a message on my husbands spare photograph "would you buy a used car from this man?" which he was seriously unimpressed about, I won't repeat what he said.

On the day we obtained the visa, they called and said "We are really sorry to tell you ................. that you have the visa".

I went mad at them. There had been something on my medical that could have caused a problem, and here they were thinking it was funny to mess about with peoples lives.

Just found them unprofessional. However, they only take on clients who they can get through, so by that token you should feel assured that as long as you pass medicals you should be in.

Good luck anyway. If you need any help with anything let me know. We are off to Oz 1st October.

Su J
Manchester - UK
Old Aug 16th 2005, 6:47 pm
An Official Visa Holder

Originally Posted by Sujy
Hi

We used AMA. As you have started the process I suppose you are stuck with them. They got us the visa.....enough said!

We didn't exactly warm to them. They called me "luvvy" all the time which really wound me up. If you asked a question I felt they thought you were stupid. My sister in Oz found out some information before they did, and you could tell they were quite put out about it.

They wrote a message on my husbands spare photograph "would you buy a used car from this man?" which he was seriously unimpressed about, I won't repeat what he said.

On the day we obtained the visa, they called and said "We are really sorry to tell you ................. that you have the visa".

I went mad at them. There had been something on my medical that could have caused a problem, and here they were thinking it was funny to mess about with peoples lives.

Just found them unprofessional. However, they only take on clients who they can get through, so by that token you should feel assured that as long as you pass medicals you should be in.

Good luck anyway. If you need any help with anything let me know. We are off to Oz 1st October.

Su J
Manchester - UK

Does sound a bit unprofessional!!

To be honest so far they have been very good, I can understand what you mean about being a little patronising with their answers. I suppose the good thing is as you say most cases they take on because you are straight forward and relatively easy, i had already got that impression. As long as they get us there I don't care really!! I did speak to other consultants before I opted for them, and I have to say I found alot of the others a bit stuffy, so i suppose I prefer to deal with down to earth people really!!

Thanks for your comments though, appreciate it!!
Old Aug 16th 2005, 10:11 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Does sound a bit unprofessional!!

To be honest so far they have been very good, I can understand what you mean about being a little patronising with their answers. I suppose the good thing is as you say most cases they take on because you are straight forward and relatively easy, i had already got that impression. As long as they get us there I don't care really!! I did speak to other consultants before I opted for them, and I have to say I found alot of the others a bit stuffy, so i suppose I prefer to deal with down to earth people really!!

Thanks for your comments though, appreciate it!!

I can't understand it...... they were bril with us..... and found them most helpful.

Like most migration agents they do look at the sight, hopefully they will take on board what you have said, and change their approach in some cases.

boomie
x
Old Aug 17th 2005, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

task is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nice

Are you using AMA Ltd??

Thanks Everyone
HI We are using A,M,A. Finding them ok they lodged our visa about 3 weeks ago just waiting to hear about the meds, like the fact that its a one off fee reading some reports people have paid well over the top.
we went to see them in Newcastle Feb and liked the set up and preferred an agent that was based in oz and have no problems in communication with them.
TASK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.