Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Another rant - bloody buyers!

Another rant - bloody buyers!

Old Aug 11th 2005, 5:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another rant - bloody buyers!

Time for another rant about buyers. We accepted a low offer on Tuesday after a lot of deliberation and haggling (even with the estate agent costs) only for them to pull out today

Why do these people bother - they decided the landscaping of the garden was too high (even though they put in their offer after getting a quote)

All I can say is bloody friggin lesbian kitchen-fitters - don't trust em (BTW I'm not being homophobic, honest).

Celebration drinks to be following by commiseration (spelling) drinks We're turning into alcoholics.....
Old Aug 11th 2005, 5:49 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another rant - bloody buyers!

Originally Posted by The Crow
Time for another rant about buyers. We accepted a low offer on Tuesday after a lot of deliberation and haggling (even with the estate agent costs) only for them to pull out today

Why do these people bother - they decided the landscaping of the garden was too high (even though they put in their offer after getting a quote)

All I can say is bloody friggin lesbian kitchen-fitters - don't trust em (BTW I'm not being homophobic, honest).

Celebration drinks to be following by commiseration (spelling) drinks We're turning into alcoholics.....

you poor things. just what you dont want
as usual, pick yourselves up and start the bloody viewing process again - its a nightmare, isnt it? i spent all day on tuesday ironing and cleaning, even spending ages cleaning the oven out, for a doctor first time buyer, due to call at 6.30pm for a viewing, for him not to turn up - fantastic, NOT

good luck with the next viewer/buyer - im sure they will love it.
Old Aug 11th 2005, 6:38 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear

Hope another buyer pops up soon!
Old Aug 11th 2005, 7:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that after all you've been through. What a waste of time for everyone. Some people must really enjoy being tossers
Old Aug 11th 2005, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute

Veru sorry to hear that. We've just had a similar experience - our new tenants pulled out on Saturday just a week before they were due to move in and we have no chance of getting someone in and also had to drop the rent by £200 a month. We were very down for a few days. Some people have no decency.
Old Aug 11th 2005, 7:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by haggis supper
Veru sorry to hear that. We've just had a similar experience - our new tenants pulled out on Saturday just a week before they were due to move in and we have no chance of getting someone in and also had to drop the rent by £200 a month. We were very down for a few days. Some people have no decency.
That's 10x worse at least! So I presume you are going and renting your house for now? If so, do you intend to return after so long to try and sell again or will you sell it from Oz? We may have to end up doing this (or leaving it empty to sell) - we feel so ready to go, the thought of staying here for more than another 4 months is too depressing!!!
Old Aug 11th 2005, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute

That's 10x worse at least! So I presume you are going and renting your house for now? If so, do you intend to return after so long to try and sell again or will you sell it from Oz? We may have to end up doing this (or leaving it empty to sell) - we feel so ready to go, the thought of staying here for more than another 4 months is too depressing!!!
It certainly made for a very depressing weekend, and still angry about it. If only they had given us some notice we could have had it back on the market.

We will rent whilst we are on Oz, really not too sure how long we will go for. I think 3-4 years minimum and then probably return but who knows ! I suspect that if we are settled and decide to stay my wife may well return with the kids for a long holiday and try to sell it.

Can certainly understand how you feel. If I was you I think I would look at the rental market and perhaps consider that as an option. Then again if you are emigrating for good then perhaps logistically that may not be easy and I'm sure the next few months will pass quickly !

Good luck, fingers crossed for us both.

Cheers,
Col
Old Aug 11th 2005, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Better that they pull out now, rather than in two months time eh?

have a you will feel better it helps me

Mark
Old Aug 11th 2005, 8:45 pm
Living our dream!!

fozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nice

Tell me about it! The bloody buyers are a nightmare. We have had the chain collapse once as the bottom of the chain lost thier buyer and we all had to market again but luckily (or so we thought) they got a new buyer (cash) in June and eventually we were going to complete 15th July. Shippers booked everything sorted and had flights on hold for 10th Aug. But no 2 days before we were supposed to exchange and the bottom of the chain wasn't ready :scared: suddnely decided they wanted a mortgage

Well we have spent the last 3 weeks trying to find out when they will exchange and are still none the wiser. However today he has apparently decided to use the cash (after alot of railroading) and are looking to complete 26th Aug. But we still haven't got an exchange date so I don't believe anyone until we have actually exchanged.

Good luck with yours,these buyers don't care that they are messing with peoples lives.

Michelle
Also having too many
Old Aug 11th 2005, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by wildmark
Better that they pull out now, rather than in two months time eh?

have a you will feel better it helps me

Mark
Exactly - it could be a LOT worse - especially seeing others stories.
Old Aug 11th 2005, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

Seriously is on a distinguished road

It is interesting that this process seems to bring out the worst in people - buyers and sellers.
Sellers know all the drawbacks of a property and, of course, never mention them - try to engineer viewings when the street is not full of kids on skateboards etc and buyers .... well we all know what they are capable of.

People who are otherwise decent turn into nasty pieces of work when they become a house buyer. I think the reason is that most buyers are hyper because, deep down, they know they are being somehow ripped off. Especially first time buyers. I remember when I did it - I couldn't believe I was putting my name on a bit of paper to borrow a huge amount of money over 25 years and for what - a few cubic feet of air enclosed by some brick walls topped off with a bit of timber and some roof tiles.

This is the heart of it I think. Property is so overpriced - has so little relationship with its intrinsic value - buyers always feel they are getting into something they rather wish (deep down) they weren't. Hence the shenanigans and broken promises. They really don't want to commit.
Old Aug 12th 2005, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

Alan & Sonia has a spectacular aura aboutAlan & Sonia has a spectacular aura aboutAlan & Sonia has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Seriously
It is interesting that this process seems to bring out the worst in people - buyers and sellers.
Sellers know all the drawbacks of a property and, of course, never mention them - try to engineer viewings when the street is not full of kids on skateboards etc and buyers .... well we all know what they are capable of.

People who are otherwise decent turn into nasty pieces of work when they become a house buyer. I think the reason is that most buyers are hyper because, deep down, they know they are being somehow ripped off. Especially first time buyers. I remember when I did it - I couldn't believe I was putting my name on a bit of paper to borrow a huge amount of money over 25 years and for what - a few cubic feet of air enclosed by some brick walls topped off with a bit of timber and some roof tiles.

This is the heart of it I think. Property is so overpriced - has so little relationship with its intrinsic value - buyers always feel they are getting into something they rather wish (deep down) they weren't. Hence the shenanigans and broken promises. They really don't want to commit.
They don't want to commit because they are time wasting TOSS*&S, why view a house if you have no intention of buying....should make them pay to view and refundable if they buy!!!!!
We have been through all of this and are now having to rent for 12 months and review it again then...Marvellous.....Not!!!!
Old Aug 12th 2005, 7:57 am
Banned

peter piper is an unknown quantity at this point

After reading this I just had to register to say. What a load of moaners.

Go to autralia or where ever the countries better off without you.

You make all that money from the sale of your overpriced houses and then take that wad of money over to another country and spend it there. Then you have the cheek to moan at the buyers.

Whoever buys your houses wants their heads seeing to.

Good look austrailia... another bunch of crooks coming your way
Old Aug 12th 2005, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by peter piper

You make all that money from the sale of your overpriced houses and then take that wad of money over to another country and spend it there. Then you have the cheek to moan at the buyers.

WHAT A PLEASANT PERSON YOU ARE - YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHO WE ARE AND WE WOULDN'T WANT TO KNOW WHO YOU ARE. I HOPE YOU ARE VERY HAPPY BEING SO IGNORANT AND RUDE.

IS IT OUT FAULT THAT PROPERTY PRICES HAVE RISEN?? I WON'T LOWER MYSELF TO CALL YOU NAMES YOU'RE SAD ENOUGH ANYWAY
Old Aug 12th 2005, 8:02 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by peter piper

Hear we go again. Are you going to bring all your little friends over from your own forum again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.