Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

"Crowded, polluted and a mess"..... Sydney!

"Crowded, polluted and a mess"..... Sydney!

Old May 30th 2005, 11:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default "Crowded, polluted and a mess"..... Sydney!

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2005/...html?from=top5

OzTennis
Old May 30th 2005, 10:17 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: "Crowded, polluted and a mess"..... Sydney!

Originally Posted by OzTennis
More good reasons to head up North to QLD

Old May 30th 2005, 10:25 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Its alive and great to live in but not for the reasons most want to come to Oz for. We may get the unrealistic commute times coming in soon.

Melbourne will be next followed by Brisbane.
Old May 30th 2005, 10:37 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

So Oz,
If i move to the middle of the outback upon arrival and make it 103 as my family arrives, and I should soon expect neighbours then as Sydney expands to fill the whole continent!

I think it will all be ok.

Bye
Mark
Old May 30th 2005, 10:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bondipom
Its alive and great to live in but not for the reasons most want to come to Oz for. We may get the unrealistic commute times coming in soon.

Melbourne will be next followed by Brisbane.
Yeah, hang on! It'll be 20 years before Brisbane gets that bad and by then the QLD government will have finally pulled their finger out and built a Brisbane western bypass, so it might not ever get as bad as Sydney. And by that stage, I won't care anyway. Commute? Pah!

JTL
Old May 30th 2005, 10:51 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Frank Sinatra having a down day:

Home On The Range

O give me a home where the buffaloes roam
Where the deer and the antelope play
Where seldom is heard a discouraging word
And the skies are not cloudy all day

Chorus: Home, home on the range,
Where the deer and the antelope play
Where seldom is heard a discouraging word,
And the skies are not cloudy all day

Where the air is so pure and the zephyrs so free
And the breezes so balmy and light
That I would not exchange my home on the range
For all of the cities so bright

(repeat chorus)

How often at night when the heavens are bright
With the light of the glittering stars
I stand there amazed & I ask as I gaze
Does their glory exceed that of ours?

(repeat chorus)
Old May 30th 2005, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

Stu.E is a jewel in the roughStu.E is a jewel in the roughStu.E is a jewel in the roughStu.E is a jewel in the rough

You could easily change the word 'Sydney' to 'London' and most of that article would read the same!
Old May 31st 2005, 12:19 am
Sand, sea and serenity

Milo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the rough

I completely agree!

This is the reason we live near but not in the city. We often travel to the city and surrounds but would never consider living anywhere there, the houses look too pushed in and there is just too much traffic for our liking.

Marie
Old May 31st 2005, 8:23 am
newbie (sydney bound)

jayney will become famous soon enough

We are in process and will be heading for sydney, have brother over there in Harbord, we are looking at surrounding areas ie. Narrabeen, Curl Curl and Harbord. Have read alot of posts about Sydney should i be questioning my areas. Obviously am aware that compared to other parts of Aus, its far from perfect but surely compared with here (Essex) its a far better place.
Old May 31st 2005, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jayney
We are in process and will be heading for sydney, have brother over there in Harbord, we are looking at surrounding areas ie. Narrabeen, Curl Curl and Harbord. Have read alot of posts about Sydney should i be questioning my areas. Obviously am aware that compared to other parts of Aus, its far from perfect but surely compared with here (Essex) its a far better place.
Having returned yesterday to Essex from Sydney yesterday I can confirm it is definitely much better than London. We looked at the north shores but the problem is a bus link only so instead we're thinking about heading south when we can be a 30 to 45 minute commute into work and a 10 minute drive from the beach plus we can get a huge 4 bedroom house for the same price as we're selling our little 2 bed for, or we might go for Balmain where we can go to work by ferry and can get a 2 bed house for the same price as our 2 bed house in Essex and if necessary walk home after a night out in town. Can't wait to get back there.
Old May 31st 2005, 9:25 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

funny thing. ive been here just over a year and still not stood in dog shit once i must be runnin out of luck though
Old May 31st 2005, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, and despite all that it's still gorgeous.

I was down at the Quay at the weekend. The sun was shining, the sky was blue, it was absolutely, bloody, fantastic.

Wouldn't live anywhere else!
Old May 31st 2005, 10:37 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickyc
Yup, and despite all that it's still gorgeous.

I was down at the Quay at the weekend. The sun was shining, the sky was blue, it was absolutely, bloody, fantastic.

Wouldn't live anywhere else!
yeh i agree with u nickyc
the place is a shithole
Old May 31st 2005, 10:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know what the replies have been saying after BP's (3rd) because my firewall says:

Access Denied
The requested document, http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=305857, will not be shown.

Reason: DDR score = 52. This page will not be displayed because it contains prohibited words or it has exceeded its tolerance of questionable words.

I'll wait 'til page 2 appears.

OzTennis
Old May 31st 2005, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know what the replies have been saying after BP's (3rd) because my firewall says:

Access Denied
The requested document, http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=305857, will not be shown.

Reason: DDR score = 52. This page will not be displayed because it contains prohibited words or it has exceeded its tolerance of questionable words.

I'll wait 'til page 2 appears.

OzTennis
I can only see one response from BP - but there are the words 'sh*t', 'blo*dy' and 'sh*thole' in the following posts!

Maybe three naughty words are your limit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.