UK police clearance required but....

Old May 27th 2005, 3:46 pm
THE Member

Seanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud of
Default UK police clearance required but....

I will be applying for a K1 visa in London, and would need to have a police clearance certificate submitted with the application.

If I was involved in a misunderstanding last year which lead to the Police being called out and me receiving a 'caution' from them. I was not charged with anything nor have i ever been convicted of any crime whatsoever.

I must assume that this caution i received would show up on the police clearance certificate. IF so, I will easily be able to explain what transpired truthfully if asked at my visa interview.

Just curious to know how the US embassy might view this with regard to the visa application and if anyone has had a similar experience with police clearances of their own?

One last thing... are police clearances are only required to be presented at the interview or do u submit it with any of the packets preceding the interview?

~S~

PS: Thanks Rene
Old May 27th 2005, 3:50 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK police clearance required but....

Originally Posted by Seanus
I will be applying for a K1 visa in London, and would need to have a police clearance certificate submitted with the application.

If I was involved in a misunderstanding last year which lead to the Police being called out and me receiving a 'caution' from them. I was not charged with anything nor have i ever been convicted of any crime whatsoever.
A Police Caution is a formal warning given by or on the instructions of a senior Police officer.

A Caution can be only given to an adult who has admitted guilt for an offence. The Police Caution is administered where that person could have been charged or prosecuted for the offence and is only given for minor or less serious offences.

The Police Caution is recorded on the Police National Computer and can be taken into consideration by the Court if that person is convicted and sentenced for a further offence.

You must declare it ..

Last edited by Ray; May 27th 2005 at 3:52 pm.
Old May 27th 2005, 3:54 pm
THE Member

Seanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud ofSeanus has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ray
A Police Caution is a formal warning given by or on the instructions of a senior Police officer.

A Caution can be only given to an adult who has admitted guilt for an offence. The Police Caution is administered where that person could have been charged or prosecuted for the offence and is only given for minor or less serious offences.

The Police Caution is recorded on the Police National Computer and can be taken into consideration by the Court if that person is convicted and sentenced for a further offence.

So i all likelyhood i can expect that the caution would show up on the clearance certificate, but hopefully would not effect me being issued the visa eh!
Old May 27th 2005, 3:57 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

So i all likelyhood i can expect that the caution would show up on the clearance certificate, but hopefully would not effect me being issued the visa eh!
In theory it should appear ... but may not ..but still declare it .. if it was not drug related it should not be a problem ... what was it for ...
Old May 27th 2005, 4:09 pm
THE Member

Originally Posted by Ray
In theory it should appear ... but may not ..but still declare it .. if it was not drug related it should not be a problem ... what was it for ...

it wasn't drug related lol!... It was for an argument that i had with a London Underground Officer regarding me 'ilegally' passing through the barriers. To cut a long story short, we hurled insults at one another and the police were called out to calm the situation down.
In the end i think i was cautioned for verbal abuse of some sort, shook hands with the dude and i left. that was it
Old May 27th 2005, 4:13 pm
Ray

it wasn't drug related lol!... It was for an argument that i had with a London Underground Officer regarding me 'ilegally' passing through the barriers. To cut a long story short, we hurled insults at one another and the police were called out to calm the situation down.
In the end i think i was cautioned for verbal abuse of some sort, shook hands with the dude and i left. that was it
Don't sweat it .. no real problem ...
Old May 27th 2005, 4:29 pm
THE Member

Originally Posted by Ray
Don't sweat it .. no real problem ...
yeah i don't think it will be, just wouldnt want the application process to be stalled over this, especially if u have to submit your police clearance with the application and not only present it at the interview.

be it as it may though, I will in any case write an explanation of what happened should the caution show up on the police clearance

Thx Ray
Old May 27th 2005, 4:33 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

PS: Thanks Rene
You're welcome

Rene
Old May 27th 2005, 5:40 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Seanus,
Why not write out a more complete version of the events, just the facts as you remember them, and put it away in your file of immigration paperwork? You might find it helpful to have already collected your thoughts on the subject.

cluck cluck
Old May 27th 2005, 6:49 pm
THE Member

Originally Posted by meauxna
Seanus,
Why not write out a more complete version of the events, just the facts as you remember them, and put it away in your file of immigration paperwork? You might find it helpful to have already collected your thoughts on the subject.

cluck cluck

hehe, will do Mo
Old May 28th 2005, 10:29 am
Lansbury

On Fri, 27 May 2005 16:09:21 +0000, Seanus <member39597@british_expats.com>
wrote:

>To cut a long story short, we hurled insults at one another
    >and the police were called out to calm the situation down.
    >In the end i think i was cautioned for verbal abuse of some sort, shook
    >hands with the dude and i left. that was it :D

I gather from this you were not arrested or taken to a police station. If that
is the case you haven't been given a caution in the sense it would have been
recorded. More like a few well chosen words of advice from the officer at the
scene and that was then end of it.

-
Lansbury
www.uk-air.net
FAQs for the alt.travel.uk.air newsgroup

Old May 28th 2005, 3:33 pm
THE Member

Originally Posted by Lansbury
On Fri, 27 May 2005 16:09:21 +0000, Seanus <member39597@british_expats.com>
wrote:

>To cut a long story short, we hurled insults at one another
    >and the police were called out to calm the situation down.
    >In the end i think i was cautioned for verbal abuse of some sort, shook
    >hands with the dude and i left. that was it

I gather from this you were not arrested or taken to a police station. If that
is the case you haven't been given a caution in the sense it would have been
recorded. More like a few well chosen words of advice from the officer at the
scene and that was then end of it.

-
Lansbury
www.uk-air.net

No i wasn't arrested or taken in to the police station, so i would hope that your interpretation is the correct one
Thanks
Old May 28th 2005, 3:57 pm
Ray

No i wasn't arrested or taken in to the police station, so i would hope that your interpretation is the correct one
Thanks
So you never had a police caution .... just a sod off ... forget it ....there are thousands of those every day ...
Old May 29th 2005, 2:45 pm
Lansbury

On Sat, 28 May 2005 15:33:31 +0000, Seanus <member39597@british_expats.com>
wrote:

>No i wasn't arrested or taken in to the police station, so i would hope
    >that your interpretation is the correct one :)

I have given loads of people a word in the ear about their behaviour and I can
assure you if the circumstances are as you describe there is no record of what
was said to you.

For the purposes of a criminal record, you have none (unless you have
committed some offence you haven't mentioned here) and the police certificate
will reflect that.

-
Lansbury
www.uk-air.net

Old May 29th 2005, 4:06 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

One last thing... are police clearances are only required to be presented at the interview or do u submit it with any of the packets preceding the interview?
Take it to the interview along with all your supporting documentation which is asked for on the checklist you will receive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.