Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Old Sep 15th 2005, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

geary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to all
Default Re: Just how many of us have house up for sale?

we also have our house up for sale and have already found a buyer, but i don't want to sell it to quickly otherwise i'll be staying with my mum, and i don't how long i can put with my own mother for!!
Old Sep 15th 2005, 10:21 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by geary11
we also have our house up for sale and have already found a buyer, but i don't want to sell it to quickly otherwise i'll be staying with my mum, and i don't how long i can put with my own mother for!!
Congrats enjoy your time with your mum you may not see her for a long time, though I do know where your coming from
Old Sep 15th 2005, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

geary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to allgeary11 is a name known to all

that's true i must cherish her now, and besides she can do loads of babysitting before we go,as it will probably be a long time out in australia that my husband and i will be able to go out on our own as we know nobody out there!!!
Old Sep 15th 2005, 11:01 am

that's true i must cherish her now, and besides she can do loads of babysitting before we go,as it will probably be a long time out in australia that my husband and i will be able to go out on our own as we know nobody out there!!!
Where abouts going in Oz?
Old Sep 15th 2005, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

we're heading off to adelaide!! we're going to rent for a year and see how we like it round there' we can always head off to somewhere else if we don't like it, just not back to the u.k! how about yourself?
Old Sep 15th 2005, 11:43 am

we're heading off to adelaide!! we're going to rent for a year and see how we like it round there' we can always head off to somewhere else if we don't like it, just not back to the u.k! how about yourself?
Tasmania via stni, we've been before but are also going to rent to keep options open
Old Sep 15th 2005, 11:47 am
Just Joined

16 Monkeys is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Add us to the list!! We have ben on the market for 1 year now! Got our visas last August and checked into Oz as residents this April. Now back in the UK trying to sell. Have dropped the price but only received two silly offers in the year (One £45k below asking price! ) Now in desperation we are considering renting it out and moving to Brisbane anyway. Any views anyone?
Regards.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

45K under!!! these people probably now your desperate, but you haven't just had a brain removed !the cheek of it!!! were sticking to our price coz we've got a few months to spare,someone has put in a offer of 2k under, but we've still got people coming round,but i think we'll take that,it doesn't seem to bad compared to your offers. good luck we've selling it
Old Sep 15th 2005, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

monkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by halflinggirl2000
I am just in the process of finding an estate agent to put our house on the market. In so many threads house selling/waiting is mentioned and I was curious just how many of us actually had houses for sale in our bid to get to australia. So as the politicians say sign up and let us find the real figures .

No just interested/nosey in how many of us there are.

Nicky
Yes we have had our house up for sale fo about a month now. We have been lucky as we live in belvedere in kent england, and so for have had 14 veiwers, what a degrading nightmare that is showing people around. We have to be in Perth to validate our visas by the 3 of January. So as you can imagine :scared: So anyway we have accepted an offer wich was good and then today found out that the buyers have got CCJ's GREAT :scared: So now we play the waiting game.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

monkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant futuremonkeymark has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by odaat
Steveyp,
Perth has always been the ideal place to buy more house than money, added bonus of quality of life, great beaches, good schools, good healthcare and cheaper flights to Europe / pacific rim.

In fact house prices in Perth have remained consistently stable while prices have fallen up to 20% in Sydney 1st qtr 2005 etc.

Investment property in Perth is poor on rental return (less than 4% gross being the norm IMO )
Cap. gain was the reason for investing in the Perth property - IMO the returns on Cap gain will be slim to nil for next few years.

interest rate rises, tax hikes and over build of apartments will keep house prices flat as FTB snap up cheap new build apartments - As long as the WA economy stays stable and jobs are not lost due to the mighty China / India workshop demand ( oil, ore and gas) house prices should hold.

Hence the decision to sell off, transfer capital and invest in good rental return which is starting to happen in UK, prices have fallen at least 10% asking price since Jan 2005.

Just completed on a propert sale in Norfolk - started at 162,500, sold at 122,950 ( 125K with stamp duty and fees) those kind of price falls are still not happening in Perth.

I like the latest uk estate agent "spin" on why prices are staying low
i.e. concerns about who will win the election

odaat
Ooh just read your thread, very interesting so basically what are you saying? would it have something to do with the oil demand, as in were running out, that weve passed our peak of production.
Do you think that could effect the house prices in england? Mmm I've just finished a book called The great emergency, great book pretty :scared: scary tho. If you like a good read thats a bit depressing go get it you'll find it in political section in the book shops. Its all about the running out and what the human race will go through, GREAT.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 6:44 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

No news on our house yet but it has only been on the market a week tomorrow (Friday).

Fingers crossed we shall get a few viewings soon

Rob

Old Sep 15th 2005, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

AvronW is on a distinguished road

We've had our 5yr old, 4 bed, house, in excellent condition & nice area, on the market since March. We've used 4 different agencies in "joint sole" agreements, dropped the price from the original average valuation by 35k and still...

only occasional viewings, no second viewings and at last on the 5th agency we managed to get an offer last week. 5k less than advertised, but we reluctantly accepted - then nothing, no confirmation they intend to continue.

Now a week later, the buyer says they want to continue, but since the offer they got on their more expensive apartment is 5k less then they wanted, they want to drop the price by another 5k! So... let me get this figured out... they manage to get a lower offer than they wanted on their more expensive apartment, so in turn expect us to drop our price by that amount? Yeah sure!!

Why do buyers have to mess about so? Why are agents so lazy and mostly incompetant?

So, here we go again.. life on hold, living in limbo...

-Avron
Old Sep 16th 2005, 6:44 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

Thats our worry that we will be on the market for ages and ages.

We have a massive house worth nearly half a million, all newly renovated, so are only limiting ourselves to certian buyers on the market

At the end of the day, we can allways take a holiday to validate the visas but that means spending around 10-15 K.

Watch this space....

Rob

Originally Posted by AvronW
We've had our 5yr old, 4 bed, house, in excellent condition & nice area, on the market since March. We've used 4 different agencies in "joint sole" agreements, dropped the price from the original average valuation by 35k and still...

only occasional viewings, no second viewings and at last on the 5th agency we managed to get an offer last week. 5k less than advertised, but we reluctantly accepted - then nothing, no confirmation they intend to continue.

Now a week later, the buyer says they want to continue, but since the offer they got on their more expensive apartment is 5k less then they wanted, they want to drop the price by another 5k! So... let me get this figured out... they manage to get a lower offer than they wanted on their more expensive apartment, so in turn expect us to drop our price by that amount? Yeah sure!!

Why do buyers have to mess about so? Why are agents so lazy and mostly incompetant?

So, here we go again.. life on hold, living in limbo...

-Avron
Old Sep 16th 2005, 7:22 am
Never been to Australia

kevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by monkeymark
Yes we have had our house up for sale fo about a month now. We have been lucky as we live in belvedere in kent england, and so for have had 14 veiwers, what a degrading nightmare that is showing people around. We have to be in Perth to validate our visas by the 3 of January. So as you can imagine :scared: So anyway we have accepted an offer wich was good and then today found out that the buyers have got CCJ's GREAT :scared: So now we play the waiting game.

Can't remember if I have posted on this thread already.
We have buyers who are pushing hard to be in but we can't find a short rental to cover ourselves until Jan.

Reading the posts on here has reminded me how crap it was trying to find a buyer and I should count my blessings and just resign myself to paying for 6 months rent when we only need 3.

We started of at £310,000 then dropped to £299,995 and accepted £287,500 from a family with no chain.

Monkeymark we used to live in Upper Belvedere, Holmhurst Rd. Small world a.

When we sold it 6 years ago it sold the day after it went on the market for full asking, though's were the days.

Kevin
Old Sep 16th 2005, 8:07 am
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
Thats our worry that we will be on the market for ages and ages.

We have a massive house worth nearly half a million, all newly renovated, so are only limiting ourselves to certian buyers on the market

At the end of the day, we can allways take a holiday to validate the visas but that means spending around 10-15 K.

Watch this space....

Rob
Not having a go Rob but you don't miss any opportunity to say how much your house is worth do you? Have you got a massive mortgage too? I would have thought you could do a validation trip for less than that. Ours cost us about £5k although admittedly we have only got one kid but we did go for 4 weeks and had stopovers there and back....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.