Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Old Sep 13th 2005, 9:49 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Originally Posted by tracey.d
Congratulations everyone. Seems like theres been a fair bit of good luck on here since I was last on (hope there's not a link there )

Really glad to hear that some of you have buyers. No change here. Have changed agents nearly a fortnight ago and not heard a thing .

Have kind of given up now. In fact I have just bought the 2 younger kids a puppy each as I promised them they could get one in Australia and seeing as it doesnt look like its going to be any time soon I went ahead and got them!!!

Anyway well done to those of you who have sold and good luck to those who havent.

Tracey.x.
Oh Tracey I know exactly how you are feeling right now.
My house has been on the Market since last September and only now looking like like exchanging contracts. I too had lots of moments in that year when i felt that it was never going to happen.
In the end I put the house on with 5 agents @ 1.75% and reduced the price by 15k and then accepted an offer 10k below that. The only houses that sell in our area this year have been the bargains, in fact I believe this is nationwide which would obviously suggest that most of our houses are over priced. It was all very well me sitting back and refusing silly offers but if we had carried on like that we were never going to get to Australia.
This has made an enormous dent in the deposit we thought we would have as we only bought this house 3 years ago and what with fees for both buying it and now selling it and the money spent on it we have hardly made a thing and not even recovered the Mortgage payments made in those three years but just felt so desperate to get out of limbo and on with our lives.
I sincerely hope that things look up for you very soon I really do, I don't envy any of you waiting to sell your house.
I am not out of the woods yet and am stressing out and waiting to exchange contracts which should of happened last week.

Take Care and Keep Your Chin Up, It Will Happen!!!!!!

Sharon
xx
Old Sep 14th 2005, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Kay,
The agent reckons that the price is reasonable and has put it back up at the same price, I have already reduced it £10k. They told me to paint the dining room to lighten it up a bit, which i havent done yet because I am sick of decorating at the minute . I havent spoken to them yet since the house went up but I think I will give them a ring to see if there has been any interest!

Sharon - Good luck with the contracts, going by previous threads/posts on here I dont think it is that unusual to have a delay in the exchanging of contracts. Will keep my fingers crossed for you anyway!!! I'm not too worried about the move at the moment. The date has been and gone for me to start my new job over there and the time that I needed to be gone by has also passed. So, I am just going to have to look at a different date as I said earlier. It looks like 2 years down the line which is a bit of a sickener but not the end of the world!!!

My only worry is that if I leave it too long to go I might get cold feet . I really, really want to go and so do the kids ( well the younger 2 anyway) but it is a daunting prospect doing it on my own.

I'm going to think positive though . In 2 years time (which isn't long in the grand scheme of things, already waited 2 ) my oldest daughter will have finished college and be 18 so if she does decide not to come then she is going to be that little bit older and potentially moving out to go to uni anyway!!!

My middle daughter will have finished her GCSE's and my youngest would have finished primary so that would probably be the best time for me to go.

I will just continue coming on here and keep my dream alive !!!!
Old Sep 14th 2005, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by possoms

We have got a viewer tomorrow but she says it depends on whether she can get broadband as to whether shes interested??? I believe the only way to find out for sure is to get BT to come round and check. We will have to see what she makes of the place first.
To check if you can get broadband go noto www.bt.com and select "Broadband from BT" in the At Home section. In that screen you can enter your phone number or postcode and it will tell you if you should be able to get broadband.
Old Sep 14th 2005, 8:43 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
Cash buyer!!!!

Send him/her our way..........

Trish
no way - they are coming round for a 2nd viewing
Old Sep 14th 2005, 8:45 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walaj
no way - they are coming round for a 2nd viewing
Ooooh good luck
Old Sep 14th 2005, 9:49 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tracey.d
Thanks Kay,
The agent reckons that the price is reasonable and has put it back up at the same price, I have already reduced it £10k. They told me to paint the dining room to lighten it up a bit, which i havent done yet because I am sick of decorating at the minute . I havent spoken to them yet since the house went up but I think I will give them a ring to see if there has been any interest!

Sharon - Good luck with the contracts, going by previous threads/posts on here I dont think it is that unusual to have a delay in the exchanging of contracts. Will keep my fingers crossed for you anyway!!! I'm not too worried about the move at the moment. The date has been and gone for me to start my new job over there and the time that I needed to be gone by has also passed. So, I am just going to have to look at a different date as I said earlier. It looks like 2 years down the line which is a bit of a sickener but not the end of the world!!!

My only worry is that if I leave it too long to go I might get cold feet . I really, really want to go and so do the kids ( well the younger 2 anyway) but it is a daunting prospect doing it on my own.

I'm going to think positive though . In 2 years time (which isn't long in the grand scheme of things, already waited 2 ) my oldest daughter will have finished college and be 18 so if she does decide not to come then she is going to be that little bit older and potentially moving out to go to uni anyway!!!

My middle daughter will have finished her GCSE's and my youngest would have finished primary so that would probably be the best time for me to go.

I will just continue coming on here and keep my dream alive !!!!
Tracey have you actually been out to validate your visas??
Old Sep 14th 2005, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by spottydog
To check if you can get broadband go noto www.bt.com and select "Broadband from BT" in the At Home section. In that screen you can enter your phone number or postcode and it will tell you if you should be able to get broadband.
Thanks so much Spottydog, I have checked it says we may be able to get it up to 512kb but engineer will have to come and check the line.

I went through all this last year and they came and said we were too far, but i know they have it next door now so will just tell viewer that.
Old Sep 14th 2005, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks so much Spottydog, I have checked it says we may be able to get it up to 512kb but engineer will have to come and check the line.

I went through all this last year and they came and said we were too far, but i know they have it next door now so will just tell viewer that.
I think the engineer is their usual comment. For us they say we can get 1Mb but "due to the length of your line, an engineer visit may be required to set up your broadband service." and I can see the exchange from my front door plus we've had broadband for a few years.
Old Sep 14th 2005, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

si.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud of

Just sold mine, 3 grand under the asking price. Took a bit of a gamble as we are only two and a half months into the main app :scared: , so if we dont get in, we have fallen on our arse's, as we cant afford to buy anything similar to the one we currently have. But we dont want to be stuck here in the UK with a visa and a house I cant get rid of.
Old Sep 14th 2005, 1:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Tracey have you actually been out to validate your visas??
Yes, thankfully. Went over last October. I think we have until 2009 to actually move over permanently.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by spottydog
I think the engineer is their usual comment. For us they say we can get 1Mb but "due to the length of your line, an engineer visit may be required to set up your broadband service." and I can see the exchange from my front door plus we've had broadband for a few years.
Hi thanks again, though we do live in the middle of nowhere!!

Anyhoo they absolutely loved the place were here an hour, and as they left she said 'we will be in touch, please dont sell it to anyone else will you'

frightened of counting my chickens but this could be it folks, keep everything crossed

si.young congrats on selling yours

Possoms
Old Sep 15th 2005, 9:27 am

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyhoo they absolutely loved the place were here an hour, and as they left she said 'we will be in touch, please dont sell it to anyone else will you'

frightened of counting my chickens but this could be it folks, keep everything crossed

Possoms
Keeping my fingers crossed for you Possoms, sounds very promising.
We had a couple that asked us not to sell it to anyone else and they are now our buyers so Good Luck!!!

Sharon
x
Old Sep 15th 2005, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Possoms
Sounds like good news!!!! Hope this is the one.

Tracey
Old Sep 15th 2005, 10:00 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Possoms
Keeping my fingers for you
Old Sep 15th 2005, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by The A Team
Keeping my fingers for you
Thank you, thank you trying not to get too excited but forgot to add just before the viewers turned up, Cols cousin turned up with a blokey from highways to have a look round, he gave thumbs up for access but still waiting on planning dept to give go ahead. Cousin doesnt want to make an offer if he cant turn the workshop into residential.

The other viewers want it for what it is so shouldnt be a problem.

Hey we may end up with 2 peeps after it!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.