British/Australian Army

Old Feb 18th 2005, 2:28 pm
Are we nearly there yet?

Buzby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British/Australian Army

Hi everyone,

Was just wondering if anyone is transferring from the British Army to Australian Army. There appears to be lots of talk of it here and we are quite interested but we wanted to know if anyone is or has done the shift. More to do with pensions and if they had been carried over.

Good luck to everyone!

Ps. How chuffing cold is it!!
Old Feb 18th 2005, 3:16 pm
arrive QLD 10th June

sonic3829 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: British/Australian Army

Originally Posted by Buzby
Hi everyone,

Was just wondering if anyone is transferring from the British Army to Australian Army. There appears to be lots of talk of it here and we are quite interested but we wanted to know if anyone is or has done the shift. More to do with pensions and if they had been carried over.

Good luck to everyone!

Ps. How chuffing cold is it!!
Hi there

I'm going through the process at the moment. I leave the British Army in May and start work at the begining of June. Your pension doesn't carry over but your time served does so you start on a high % for the aussie pension. Everything is paid for (removals, bussiness class flight, hotels, hire car and all visa and medical costs). High rates of pay for op tours better quarters and can serve until 55 if you want to. Also gain citizenship after 90 days compared to the normal 2 years. Hope this helps
Paul
__________________________________________________ _______________
Received job offer from aussie army 24/08/04
Visa application sent 11/10/04
X-ray carried out 13/10/04
Medicals carried out 21/10/04
Received file number 22/10/04
Visa received 24/11/04
Leave UK 06/06/05 for Townsville
Start work 14/06/05

Last edited by sonic3829; Feb 18th 2005 at 3:19 pm.
Old Feb 20th 2005, 5:18 pm
Are we nearly there yet?

Thanks for the info,

I am currently in the RAF (logistics) but am looking to emigrate, the RAAF will not look at you until you have emigrated.
Pity the pension does not carry over as I only have 5 1/2 years until 22 year point. so not sure what to do there. I shall check out the pension on the ADF website.

How much basic/trade training do you need to do before starting work?
Do you know what specific trades they are looking at?
Regards
Steve
Old Feb 20th 2005, 5:28 pm
arrive QLD 10th June

sonic3829 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info,

I am currently in the RAF (logistics) but am looking to emigrate, the RAAF will not look at you until you have emigrated.
Pity the pension does not carry over as I only have 5 1/2 years until 22 year point. so not sure what to do there. I shall check out the pension on the ADF website.

How much basic/trade training do you need to do before starting work?
Do you know what specific trades they are looking at?
Regards
Steve
Hi there
I'm currently in the REME and going over to the RAEME same trade.
I don't have to do any basic training just have to do Steyr conversion instead of the A2, I carry over all of my quals and all I have to do is the equipment phase of their Electronics course (2/3 months). I've done 15 years myself so all I get is a preserved pension and preserved lump sum. I get the £8500 now but thats not much. Have you thought about transfering into the army similar trade. Its alot easier to get in being sponsored by the Aussie Army and I only have to serve a minimum of 3 years their pension is also very good.
Regards Paul
Old Feb 20th 2005, 6:01 pm
Are we nearly there yet?

Originally Posted by sonic3829
Hi there
I'm currently in the REME and going over to the RAEME same trade.
I don't have to do any basic training just have to do Steyr conversion instead of the A2, I carry over all of my quals and all I have to do is the equipment phase of their Electronics course (2/3 months). I've done 15 years myself so all I get is a preserved pension and preserved lump sum. I get the £8500 now but thats not much. Have you thought about transfering into the army similar trade. Its alot easier to get in being sponsored by the Aussie Army and I only have to serve a minimum of 3 years their pension is also very good.
Regards Paul

Hi Paul,
I'll look into it, It sounds like a easier way to get it to Oz, and saves my wife having to go back to hairdressing for 6 months. a job she hates.
I shall send the ADF an email and see what happens, Thanks again.
and best of luck for the future
Steve
Old Feb 20th 2005, 8:20 pm
Are we nearly there yet?

Hi Paul,

I've sent you a PM, hope you don't mind.

Steve
Old Apr 30th 2005, 10:20 am
Just Joined

kev7dags is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Paul,

I've sent you a PM, hope you don't mind.

Steve
Hi I'm in the RAF as an electronics technician and was wondering about transferring to the Australian Army in a similar trade. Where is the best place to start to look for info on this transfer?

Cheers for any gen.