Legal threats by 'The Emigration Group'

Old Oct 28th 2004, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond repute
Default Legal threats by 'The Emigration Group'

The Emigration Group Limited have taken exception to some negative reviews of their company. Unfortunately, instead of simply requesting that the posts be removed, they contracted the services of a solicitor and threatened legal action.

As it happens, the particular UK law and past case they quoted is of no relevance as britishexpats.com is not UK based. However, we don't want to upset anyone, so the 'negative' posts have been removed. To maintain a balanced forum, all other posts that reference The Emigration Group will also be removed regardless of whether they are positive or negative.

Please refrain from referencing The Emigration Group in any future posts.

Thanks
Old Oct 28th 2004, 10:24 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Legal threats by 'The Emigration Group'

"If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen"

Perhaps this ought to get a weekly bump?
Old Oct 28th 2004, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

Tincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant future

And to think they could of made any negative news positive by responding on the forum and putting it right.

Havent done themselves any favors, sack the PR guy!
Old Oct 28th 2004, 11:59 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tincx
And to think they could of made any negative news positive by responding on the forum and putting it right.

Havent done themselves any favors, sack the PR guy!
Thats for sure. There have been other instances like this and the company have given their side of the story and the matter was closed. Company reputation intact.
Old Oct 29th 2004, 5:56 am
mcpraj

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Thats for sure. There have been other instances like this and the company have given their side of the story and the matter was closed. Company reputation intact.
another group from Venus..

Raj

Old Oct 29th 2004, 7:20 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

How bizarre - and I thought there was free speech and all!
Old Oct 29th 2004, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

elfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bridiej
How bizarre - and I thought there was free speech and all!
So if in the future anyone comes on to the forum to ask advice about the aforementioned company,we all refer them straight to the legal threat and immediately it looks like someones got something to hide. I think nut and sledge hammer come to mind.....
Elfin x
Old Oct 29th 2004, 12:36 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

What next? I thought a forum was the place to find out if a company were a bunch of useless cheating shysters?

I understand the legal pressure but it'll be like a glossy magazine next, under the thumb of the big companies and not a truely critical view to be seen.
Old Oct 29th 2004, 12:39 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
What next? I thought a forum was the place to find out if a company were a bunch of useless cheating shysters?

I understand the legal pressure but it'll be like a glossy magazine next, under the thumb of the big companies and not a truely critical view to be seen.

Yes, good point....

If companies treat customers badly (sorry, not aware of the story behind all this) then they deserve to be "outed".
Old Oct 29th 2004, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridiej
Yes, good point....

If companies treat customers badly (sorry, not aware of the story behind all this) then they deserve to be "outed".
Talk about bad publicity. Hey guys from The Emigration Group - why don't you post something positive about yourselves??

I don;t know the background....but legal action?? Come on.
Old Oct 29th 2004, 1:05 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

People are not free to discuss their experiences with a company?

I think a certain company who shall now be nameless has just done itself a big disservice.

Does this mean that if I think Bass Ale tastes like dishwater I can no longer say so?
Old Oct 29th 2004, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter

I think a certain company who shall now be nameless has just done itself a big disservice.

Does this mean that if I think Bass Ale tastes like dishwater I can no longer say so?

Oh now you've gone and done it! We'll have Bass on the case as well now.
Old Oct 29th 2004, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond repute

There's a fine line between negative reviews and defamatory statements. The original posts were borderline. What's annoying is the fact they immediately resorted to legal threats instead of simply asking they be removed.

And you're right.... Bass Ale does taste like dishwater.
Old Oct 29th 2004, 1:45 pm
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Paul
There's a fine line between negative reviews and defamatory statements. The original posts were borderline. What's annoying is the fact they immediately resorted to legal threats instead of simply asking they be removed.

And you're right.... Bass Ale does taste like dishwater.
Ahhh I see the Maxwell approach
Old Oct 29th 2004, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nice

I agree. If they want to thow their toys out of the pram then fair enough.
I don't think it's done them any favours.
It's always a bad idea trying to gag free speech. I've never even heard anything of them, good or bad but my reaction to their bully boy tactics is to not touch them with a sh*tty stick.
Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. Guess it does.

ps. I hear anything bad said about Bass Ale again and I'll drag yer ass to court!

Scotty.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.