Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 1st 2004, 6:20 pm   #1
sk8boy
Just Joined
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 4

sk8boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BBC Sport premiership commentary overseas

Dear All,

I have seen the postings re listening to BBC sports commentary outside of the UK. I want to listen to the odd premiership match and have been looking for ways to do this. On an other thread re Olympic games coverage connecting to the UK through a proxy server was mentioned. My question - have any of you tried this? And have any of you had any luck with this method listening to a premiership game?

Cheers, Tim
sk8boy is offline  

Old Oct 2nd 2004, 2:54 pm   #2
Deadmeat
Account Closed
 
Default Re: BBC Sport premiership commentary overseas

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8boy
Dear All,

I have seen the postings re listening to BBC sports commentary outside of the UK. I want to listen to the odd premiership match and have been looking for ways to do this. On an other thread re Olympic games coverage connecting to the UK through a proxy server was mentioned. My question - have any of you tried this? And have any of you had any luck with this method listening to a premiership game?

Cheers, Tim
I guess you know that you can listen to Radio 5 Live (and Sports Extra) on the BBC Website?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/index.shtml?logo
Deadmeat is offline  
Old Oct 2nd 2004, 6:41 pm   #3
sk8boy
Just Joined
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 4

sk8boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BBC Sport premiership commentary overseas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmeat
I guess you know that you can listen to Radio 5 Live (and Sports Extra) on the BBC Website?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/index.shtml?logo
Thanks deadmeat - unfortunately this only works if you live in the UK and have an UK IP address.

Mvg Tim
sk8boy is offline  
Old Oct 2nd 2004, 6:48 pm   #4
Deadmeat
Account Closed
 
Default Re: BBC Sport premiership commentary overseas

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8boy
Thanks deadmeat - unfortunately this only works if you live in the UK and have an UK IP address.

Mvg Tim
How about the Real Audio stream listed on this page?

http://www.dxworld.com/sw_live.html

Similar MAC thing here, not tested it tho' ...

http://www.widgetgallery.com/index.p...w=5&category=5

(edit) Ah, I see, it's a licensing issue, hmmm, could be tricky ... I guess you have seen (or started) this thread ...

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...k%26r num%3D3

Last edited by Deadmeat : Oct 2nd 2004 at 6:59 pm.
Deadmeat is offline  
Old Oct 5th 2004, 7:46 pm   #5
Deadmeat
Account Closed
 
Default Re: BBC Sport premiership commentary overseas

Stumbled across this solution ... doubtless you've sussed it already

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=248894
Deadmeat is offline  
Old Oct 5th 2004, 9:34 pm   #6
sk8boy
Just Joined
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 4

sk8boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BBC Sport premiership commentary overseas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Stumbled across this solution ... doubtless you've sussed it already

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=248894
Thanks again deadmeat. This was the post that brought me to this site. I ask if this has actually worked for anyone, as even with a UK proxy server, I still get the message about contractual rights - aahhhh! That is after all the effort it took to actually find a UK proxy server - aaahhhh again ;-) There is also an interesting piece in the top of the link you send me - that states premiership soccer is screened using a different method than crappy olympic games. But thanks again - and wait if anyone has had any luck listening from overseas.

Cheers Tim
sk8boy is offline  
Old Oct 5th 2004, 11:59 pm   #7
NJJ
BE Forum Addict
 
NJJ's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Victoria
Posts: 1,218

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBC Sport premiership commentary overseas

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8boy
Thanks deadmeat - unfortunately this only works if you live in the UK and have an UK IP address.

Mvg Tim

I thought this was just during the olympics they did the ip address restricting thingimo. I listened to a few games over the internet on five live last season from australia.
NJJ is offline  
Old Oct 6th 2004, 5:22 pm   #8
sk8boy
Just Joined
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 4

sk8boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BBC Sport premiership commentary overseas

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJJ
I thought this was just during the olympics they did the ip address restricting thingimo. I listened to a few games over the internet on five live last season from australia.
It is near impossible to get anything these days on Radio 5 that is not blocked for contractual reasons. I do not know about last season as was in australia then.
sk8boy is offline  
Closed Thread

 
  Subscribe to this Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

$ forumrules ***
Forum Jump


Top