Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pastic Bowls in kitchen sinks?!

Pastic Bowls in kitchen sinks?!

Old Sep 28th 2004, 1:20 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: Pastic Bowls in kitchen sinks?!

Plastic bowls are for sale in quite a few shops here, try Bunnings. That's where I get mine from.

Also shops such as The warehouse, crazy clarkes and Makro sell them, depending on the individual store itself.

I have a double sink, but use a plastic bowl because it protects your china and glasses from chipping on a hard sink.Also it protects your sink from scratches.

( P.S. we have no overflows here, I've never seen a sink or a bath that's got an overflow.. and always have though it was odd.. while I'm on the subject, there's no U bend either... and you can't open the pipe up. so if you drop a ring etc down the plughole.. wave goodbye to it)

To the person who's other half thinks that leaving dishes to dry on a sink is unhygienic.. tell him that it is the cleanest way to dry dishes. T-towels are very unhygienic, they harbour millions of germs ( even if they are freshly laundered) , and it is recommended by hygienists that you do leave dishes drain by themselves.

I don't believe in dishwashers, I have a nice little steel bar fridge in my fitted dishwashing space for my drinks ( can never have enough fridges . Myself and husband have mastered how to pick up a washing up bottle and turn on a tap, amazing what things your hands can do.

cheers
Old Sep 28th 2004, 2:18 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ceri
( P.S. we have no overflows here, I've never seen a sink or a bath that's got an overflow.. and always have though it was odd.. while I'm on the subject, there's no U bend either... and you can't open the pipe up. so if you drop a ring etc down the plughole.. wave goodbye to it)
Th overflow thing is really odd, you haven't got that safety net when the bath/basin gets too deep.
Didn't know about the U-bend though - I shall be extra careful in future
Old Sep 28th 2004, 2:38 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Th overflow thing is really odd, you haven't got that safety net when the bath/basin gets too deep.
Didn't know about the U-bend though - I shall be extra careful in future
Look under your sink when your home , in some homes the pipe goes straight down , no bend in the pipe to catch things ( my last house was like this, which I found odd, my new home has the bends), and there was no join for you to open the pipe and clean the gunk out. To clean drains in some homes , you have to buy harsh chemicals to pour down the plug hole which melts the hairs etc .

Overflows.. I've never understood it. why, oh why are the no overflows? Has anyone got any overflows or is this just a Qld thing? ( I don't think I saw one in NSW either thinking about it)
Old Sep 28th 2004, 3:05 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

I've never thought about it but I don't think I've got any overflows...unless you count the drainage hole in the floor in the bathrooms and laundry that is
Old Sep 28th 2004, 3:09 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jayr
I've never thought about it but I don't think I've got any overflows...unless you count the drainage hole in the floor in the bathrooms and laundry that is

Yeah, thinking back to most of the houses I have ever lived in in Oz, most had a drainage hole in the floor for any "accidents".

I think they stick to the overflow in the UK because most folk dont wanna mess up their lovely bathroom carpet....
Old Sep 28th 2004, 3:15 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally Posted by Hels
most had a drainage hole in the floor for any "accidents".
That's for when you P8ss yourself laughing at the no overflow in the basin hence your accident.
Old Sep 28th 2004, 3:22 am
Account Closed

That's for when you P8ss yourself laughing at the no overflow in the basin hence your accident.

Hmmm...did I miss something? My accident?
Old Sep 28th 2004, 3:35 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Hmmm...did I miss something? My accident?
Well, if you decide to crack up laughing .. pointing to the sink laughing at it so hard , and you can not controll your laughter, or your bladder .. there is a handy drain in the floor ..lol

Not that sinks are funny you understand, they are very serious things..lol.

P.s this comes in handy for the laundry room too , when you start laughing at your washing machine
Old Sep 28th 2004, 3:39 am
Account Closed

Well, if you decide to crack up laughing .. pointing to the sink laughing at it so hard , and you can not controll your laughter, or your bladder .. there is a handy drain in the floor ..lol

Not that sinks are funny you understand, they are very serious things..lol.

P.s this comes in handy for the laundry room too , when you start laughing at your washing machine

You really have been living in Qld way too long....You made about as much sense as old Joe used to, except you didnt add the "Oh Goodness Gracious Me!!"

Old Sep 28th 2004, 3:42 am
Y Ddraig Goch

You really have been living in Qld way too long....You made about as much sense as old Joe used to, except you didnt add the "Oh Goodness Gracious Me!!"

Aye it does that to you .lol
Old Sep 28th 2004, 3:44 am
Account Closed

Aye it does that to you .lol

Got any fresh Pumkin scones then???
Old Sep 28th 2004, 3:47 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Got any fresh Pumkin scones then???
you've lost me now, what do I want with a pumkin scone?
Old Sep 28th 2004, 3:51 am
Account Closed

you've lost me now, what do I want with a pumkin scone?
~L~ You have not heard of Flo's famous pumkin scones?

I think its what Jo and Flo intended to use as their retirement fund after he got out of politics...
Old Sep 28th 2004, 4:07 am
Y Ddraig Goch

~L~ You have not heard of Flo's famous pumkin scones?

I think its what Jo and Flo intended to use as their retirement fund after he got out of politics...
werid people.
I've just been reading this http://www.travelclassics.com/librar...ferretti.shtml

I don't like scones( or sKOnes as my hubby pronounces it).. scones ,sco , sco , sco as I pronounce it, as most Aussies do actually.. now that is worrying! Perhaps I am wrong , I'd better start saying SKOnes.

why haven't they got drainage holes in the floor in offices ?lol

P.s by the way we have drains on the workshop floor... I'll be counting them next..lol, but none in the office.. that's it I'm on strike!

Last edited by Ceri; Sep 28th 2004 at 4:14 am.
Old Sep 28th 2004, 4:08 am
ABCDiamond

There's a Bathroom shop in Capalaba that sells basins with the overflow in them.

All my basins have the U bend in them. Maybe the newer houses have them now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.