Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World
Reload this Page >

I am english, so where can i live without all the bloody forms

I am english, so where can i live without all the bloody forms

Old Jul 15th 2004, 1:07 pm
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up I am english, so where can i live without all the bloody forms

hi

i am in the process of applying to live in australia, but will probably fail on the fact that i have 2 drink driving convictions, so does anyone know of an english speaking place in the world that is warm and by the ocean where you dont need a visa or at least all the bloody checks to live(unlike america and australia), I dont care if its an island or a continent, and have heard of a SAINT something or other that is half french halfr brit where you just need a brit passport and a few other bits and bats to gain residency or at least work and live.
Its in the caribbean somewhere, but i cant remember what it6s called if anyone knows it would be a great help.

But more importantly is there anywhere out there that meets my criteria of
A. english speaking
B.warm climate.
C:by the sea
D: nowhere in the uk

any names or help wouold be mjuch appreciated after i have spent nearly 4 grand on maybe failiong trhe oz visa.

alk
Old Jul 15th 2004, 1:19 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Bermuda.
Gibralter.
Spain
France
Germany
Denmark
Sweden
Greece
Cyprus
Old Jul 15th 2004, 1:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

Could be St Barts in the carribean or St Lucia. I believe they were under British rule or protectorate at some time in the past. Could also try Barbados as it still has a British presence there. Don't know how they might view your DUI convictions though.
Old Jul 15th 2004, 2:20 pm
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light

Try Ascension Island
Old Jul 15th 2004, 2:25 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Falklands
Old Jul 15th 2004, 2:44 pm
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by manc1976
Falklands
B. warm climate ??????
Old Jul 15th 2004, 3:02 pm
Blindside Fumbler

Guantanamo Bay is nice this time of year and accomodation is cheap
Old Jul 15th 2004, 4:17 pm
@matthewb76

Originally posted by Tone
B. warm climate ??????
granted.

Trinstan De Cuna is quite nice, or so I've heard.
Old Jul 15th 2004, 4:58 pm
Blindside Fumbler

Pack your bags now, Diego Garcia awaits you with open arms
Old Jul 15th 2004, 7:10 pm
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice

Originally posted by joto
Could be St Barts in the carribean or St Lucia. I believe they were under British rule or protectorate at some time in the past. Could also try Barbados as it still has a British presence there. Don't know how they might view your DUI convictions though.
You have no hope of St Lucia, Barbados, St Thomas, St Kitts, St Barts, British (or American) Virgin Islands, Bermuda, Trinidad and Tobago...in fact, you have no hope of any Caribbean Island so drop the dream now before you waste anymore time...

I know I sound brutal but honestly, Barbados and Co. are getting very sick of the tourist crowd enjoying their 2 week holiday at Sandals or Club Med so much that they think they can buy a place to live, turn up and get a job.

Why don't you consider a job on a cruise ship or with a holiday company, the pay is better than it used to be and you'll get to see the world and decide where it is that you really want to be, rather than 'anywhere except the UK'

Alternatively, if you are determined to go to the Caribbean, you could fly out there, get a place to live and a start working for cash in hand, on the vast majority of islands you should find something but don't expect to actually get paid for your work (and there's no comeback if you don't) if you do get paid, then don't expect more than a pittance for your hard labor. You may find it very difficult to integrate into society there too, locals are very wary of the new guy, especially if you have no job and are wondering around looking for a place to live (and who can blame them huh)

One thing is for sure, if you do go to the Caribbean, it'll be hot and by the ocean...and especially if its St Lucia, the police take so long at even getting around to a police report for the Canadian immigration service, you can guarantee they'll never bother to come looking for you....but if they do...you don't want to be stuck in a St Lucian Jail!!!
Old Jul 15th 2004, 7:50 pm
@matthewb76

you can live in Bermuda as it is a protectorate of Britain I believe. I've looked into moving there as it is a world center for the Re-Insurance business.

It is WELL expensive.
Old Jul 15th 2004, 7:52 pm
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice

you can live in Bermuda as it is a protectorate of Britain I believe. I've looked into moving there as it is a world center for the Re-Insurance business.

It is WELL expensive.

please tell me more, I was told that I basically had to be invited to live there.

no information online for moving there either.

I'd love to go though.!
Old Jul 15th 2004, 7:56 pm
@matthewb76

A friend of mine in Canada, his brother works there. Says his disposable income is no better than when he lived in London.

It is very hoity toity by all accounts.

that's all I know.

I am not 100% sure on the moving there with no work permit, I maybe getting Bermuda mixed up with the Bahama's (which is a hole anyhow)

a very quick google prooves me wrong on immigration once more

Britons and European Economic Community (EEC) citizens do not have any of the same rights to live, be domiciled, be employed and retire here as they do in the United Kingdom or EEC.
Old Jul 15th 2004, 9:48 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

A friend of mine in Canada, his brother works there. Says his disposable income is no better than when he lived in London.
And you have to wear those funny shorts - major drawback.
Old Jul 16th 2004, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

elfintrot is an unknown quantity at this point

Try Malaysia
Malaysia my second home is a govt programme that encourages foriegners to come and live here.. only draw back u need monthly income from ur overseas sources.
Great weather, great food, nice people and we speak manglish(u will understand the malay english mix)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.