Closed Thread

Old Mar 16th 2004, 8:05 pm   #1
lins77
Forum Regular

lins77 will become famous soon enough
Default Halifax (HBOS) Shares

I have some Halifax (HBOS) shares from when they originally gave them out to account holders and I kept them with the Halifax.

I don't seem to have received any correspondence from them for a couple of years now and I don't know who I'm supposed to contact to check my address.

I went to the Halifax site but there's nothing about them on there. - I think the shares are managed by someone else.

Does anyone else who has shares with them have a contact number from some more recent correspondence than I have?

Thanks
Lindsey

Old Mar 16th 2004, 9:55 pm   #2
Covenant
Premium Member

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute

lin

i'll check with the wife, she works for the halifax, and i'l pm you.
Old Mar 16th 2004, 10:02 pm   #3
Jack The Lad
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by Sukhi
lin

i'll check with the wife, she works for the halifax, and i'l pm you.
Now you really have confused me

Dont take this the wrong way, but (dont you like that )

I always thought you were a girlie-thing :scared:

And whilst we are on the subject, Asian, but not Middle Asia, South East.

You crafty little bugger
Old Mar 17th 2004, 7:45 am   #4
Covenant
Premium Member

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack Daws
Now you really have confused me

Dont take this the wrong way, but (dont you like that )

I always thought you were a girlie-thing :scared:

And whilst we are on the subject, Asian, but not Middle Asia, South East.

You crafty little bugger

You're not the only one!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...pagen umber=5

I'm a 41 year old sikh male with full beard and turban, My name in my culture means Peace ie Sukhi!

Sorry to disapoint!. I f i can figure out this image pasting thinghy i'll post as pic, but might scare the kids!
Old Mar 17th 2004, 12:51 pm   #5
Jack The Lad
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You're not the only one!

I'm a 41 year old sikh male with full beard and turban, My name in my culture means Peace ie Sukhi!

Sorry to disapoint!. I f i can figure out this image pasting thinghy i'll post as pic, but might scare the kids!
Cool name

My names Ashley, I think it means idiot

PS I have seen your pic now
Old Mar 17th 2004, 12:57 pm   #6
Phoenixuk2oz

Quote:
Cool name

LOL.................Me thinks it means lots of things JD!!!

Old Mar 17th 2004, 1:12 pm   #7
Jack The Lad
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Default Re: Halifax (HBOS) Shares

Quote:
Originally posted by lins77
I have some Halifax (HBOS) shares from when they originally gave them out to account holders and I kept them with the Halifax.

I don't seem to have received any correspondence from them for a couple of years now and I don't know who I'm supposed to contact to check my address.

I went to the Halifax site but there's nothing about them on there. - I think the shares are managed by someone else.

Does anyone else who has shares with them have a contact number from some more recent correspondence than I have?

Thanks
Lindsey
I have just spoken to my cousin who is a share dealer for the Halifax.

If you have the original certificates the there should be a contact number on them.

If you havent you will need to email the Halifax explaining your situation. They will need to know who the shares where issued to and at what address.

Hope this helps
Old Mar 17th 2004, 1:22 pm   #8
Phoenixuk2oz

Quote:

Thanks
Lindsey
Have just cashed in some shares

Shareholder helpline=0870 703 0003

Give them a ring. Ask for HBOS help. I'm sure they'll put you in touch with right person/people

Phoenixuk2oz

Old Mar 17th 2004, 5:34 pm   #9
lins77
Forum Regular

lins77 will become famous soon enough

Thanks everyone

Lindsey
Old Mar 17th 2004, 10:41 pm   #10
dracupg
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Thanks
Lindsey
You need to contact the share registrar. I think for HBOS is to Computershare https://www-uk.computershare.com/Investor/Default.asp

The contact details for HBOS shares are at http://www-uk.computershare.com/Inve...suerId=SCUKHFX
Old Mar 17th 2004, 10:45 pm   #11
BrigieDarling Female

Quote:
Cool name

PS I have seen your pic now
My sister's name is Ashley, wheh we were little I used to make fun of her all the time saying it was a boys name.

There just were no other Ashleys at all.
Old Mar 17th 2004, 10:47 pm   #12
BrigieDarling Female

Quote:
You're not the only one!

I love that name.

I did think you were a chick too, and now I know why you said "Me too" when I said I was a male from India.

What is a sikh?
Old Mar 18th 2004, 2:56 am   #13
Pulaski Male
Lt Col (Retd)

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by BrigieDarling
.... What is a sikh?
A member of the Sikh religion, a synthesis of Hindu and Islamic ideologies that origination in Punjab around 500 years ago. A Sikh man typically wears the characteristic, neatly folded and tucked, Indian turban, to cover his hair, which is never cut.
Old Mar 18th 2004, 6:14 am   #14
Phoenixuk2oz

Quote:
Originally posted by dracupg
You need to contact the share registrar. I think for HBOS is to Computershare https://www-uk.computershare.com/Investor/Default.asp

The contact details for HBOS shares are at http://www-uk.computershare.com/Inve...suerId=SCUKHFX
Above number quoted IS direct dial to Computershare!

Phoenixuk2oz

Old Mar 18th 2004, 9:16 pm   #15
Covenant
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Pulaski
A member of the Sikh religion, a synthesis of Hindu and Islamic ideologies that origination in Punjab around 500 years ago. A Sikh man typically wears the characteristic, neatly folded and tucked, Indian turban, to cover his hair, which is never cut.

Thank you for your help.

We believe there is only one God.

Sikhs believe in equality between men and women.

We don't have priest as such but those that deep in their devotions and knowledge of sikhism and have been baptised carry out Priest type duties (both men and women).

Our names are selected when our parents take the new borne to the Gurdwara for the first time. THe childs name is selected when the holy book is opened and the first character of the first word dictates the name of the child.

All sikh women have Kaur as their middle name (meaning Princess) and all sikh men have Singh as their middle name (meaning Lion).
Closed Thread

Subscribe to this Thread