Freespirit

Old Feb 11th 2004, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

ginni is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Freespirit

Hi I have searched though and all posts regarding FS are quite old. Is anybody currently using them? Any advice???

Ginni
Old Feb 11th 2004, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

---Halifax--- is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Freespirit

I tried to contact the office in my country. A male voice on an answering service told me to leave a message, which I did. I dialed the number again on several occations and during different times of the day (probably 9 times, a few weeks ago) but I keep going through to the answering service. The voice promises a response and I am still waiting.....

I am considering to try again but I don't want someone to handle a delicate issue such as migration on my behalf when they appear to be this unprofessional!

I sincerely hope that I am wrong in my hasty judgement!
Old Feb 12th 2004, 12:42 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

My partner used Freespirit in Perth as a stop gap last May - August basically between our Working Holiday Visa running out (the 3 month one employer bit) and us getting PR granted.
The only good thing i can say about them is they allowed us to carry on working for the same employer while we waited for PR to come through, everything else they did was shocking, lost documents, not paid for months, paid incorrectly, Superannuation not paid at all then incorrectly, tax paid wrongly, appaling customer service, people being rude on the phone. We actually got told by one guy that we should be greatfull they were allowing us to stay in the country and that we should shut up moaning about not being paid for 2 months as it wasnt that big a deal...!!!
(Yes they did get sacked)
If there's any possible alternative to using them Id take it, but unfortunately I couldnt find anyone else that offered a similar service and we were faced with losing two good jobs.

Of course they may of turned themselves around since last year so hopefully you'll hear other stories that are a bit more positive about them....maybe!

Good luck!
Steve
Old Feb 12th 2004, 8:53 am
George Lombard

Hi Guys,

The labour hire firms such as Freespirit have been in free fall since DIMIA
announced last November that you couldn't be the sponsor without being the
direct employer. Some of them are reinventing themselves successfully,
others aren't managing so well. Best to be careful...

Cheers

George Lombard
--
www.austimmigration.com.au

"steve99" <member9430@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > My partner used Freespirit in Perth as a stop gap last May - August
    > basically between our Working Holiday Visa running out (the 3 month one
    > employer bit) and us getting PR granted.
    > The only good thing i can say
    > about them is they allowed us to carry on working for the same employer
    > while we waited for PR to come through, everything else they did was
    > shocking, lost documents, not paid for months, paid incorrectly,
    > Superannuation not paid at all then incorrectly, tax paid wrongly,
    > appaling customer service, people being rude on the phone. We actually
    > got told by one guy that we should be greatfull they were allowing us to
    > stay in the country and that we should shut up moaning about not being
    > paid for 2 months as it wasnt that big a deal...!!!
    > (Yes they did get
    > sacked)
    > If there's any possible alternative to using them Id take it,
    > but unfortunately I couldnt find anyone else that offered a similar
    > service and we were faced with losing two good jobs.
    > Of course they
    > may of turned themselves around since last year so hopefully you'll hear
    > other stories that are a bit more positive about them....maybe!
    > Good
    > luck!
    > Steve
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Feb 12th 2004, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

ginni is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by steve99
My partner used Freespirit in Perth as a stop gap last May - August basically between our Working Holiday Visa running out (the 3 month one employer bit) and us getting PR granted.
The only good thing i can say about them is they allowed us to carry on working for the same employer while we waited for PR to come through, everything else they did was shocking, lost documents, not paid for months, paid incorrectly, Superannuation not paid at all then incorrectly, tax paid wrongly, appaling customer service, people being rude on the phone. We actually got told by one guy that we should be greatfull they were allowing us to stay in the country and that we should shut up moaning about not being paid for 2 months as it wasnt that big a deal...!!!
(Yes they did get sacked)
If there's any possible alternative to using them Id take it, but unfortunately I couldnt find anyone else that offered a similar service and we were faced with losing two good jobs.

Of course they may of turned themselves around since last year so hopefully you'll hear other stories that are a bit more positive about them....maybe!

Good luck!
Steve
GULP! Thanks for the warning Steve - have heard a few other things like this. Have had few other devlopements now and looks like we may not have to go through this route after all. Phwew!