Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

For I-130 , How Long From Noa2 to Embassy Appointment ?

For I-130 , How Long From Noa2 to Embassy Appointment ?

Old Oct 24th 2003, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

gyo531 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default For I-130 , TIMELINE BETWEEN NOA2 TO INTERVIEW DATE?

I heard that it is still faster for K3 and K1 visa to get thier appoinment for interview afer NOA2 than to a I-130 visa?
Is this true? How many months do I have to wait now for the Visa Center do their checking and send our papers to the embassy?

Oh God , I hope not another loooong wait.??

Last edited by gyo531; Oct 24th 2003 at 9:28 am.
Old Oct 25th 2003, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

AgnesOfGod is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: For I-130 , TIMELINE BETWEEN NOA2 TO INTERVIEW DATE?

Originally posted by gyo531
I heard that it is still faster for K3 and K1 visa to get thier appoinment for interview afer NOA2 than to a I-130 visa?
Is this true? How many months do I have to wait now for the Visa Center do their checking and send our papers to the embassy?

do you have your packet? as far as i know, they will send you a packet first because youre on a IR visa, before they will send you a letter of appointment... just give them at least 2 weeks from the date youve got approved and your packet or interview date will be arrive there... k3 and k1 get their packet with an appointment interview date at least 2 to 3 weeks after their petition got approved. Stay cool.
Old Oct 25th 2003, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

AgnesOfGod is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: For I-130 , TIMELINE BETWEEN NOA2 TO INTERVIEW DATE?

Originally posted by gyo531

In IR cases, can be as early as 2-4 weeks after Packet 3 received if requested by attorney and post scheduling permits; normally about 4-6 weeks. Is preference category, whether family or employment based, two months after receipt of Packet 3 if Packet 3 received by 15TH months (e.g., if Packet 3 received March 10, then interview in May).