Closed Thread

Old Oct 24th 2003, 5:24 am   #1
gyo531
Forum Regular

gyo531 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default For I-130 , TIMELINE BETWEEN NOA2 TO INTERVIEW DATE?

I heard that it is still faster for K3 and K1 visa to get thier appoinment for interview afer NOA2 than to a I-130 visa?
Is this true? How many months do I have to wait now for the Visa Center do their checking and send our papers to the embassy?

Oh God , I hope not another loooong wait.??
RFE Aug. 8, 2002
RFE Returned Sept. 26 , 2003
Case Approved Oct 21, 2003
Interview Date May 25
Case was put under further review.
Still waiting :-(

Last edited by gyo531 : Oct 24th 2003 at 9:28 am.

Old Oct 25th 2003, 8:13 am   #2
AgnesOfGod
Forum Regular

AgnesOfGod is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: For I-130 , TIMELINE BETWEEN NOA2 TO INTERVIEW DATE?

Quote:
Originally posted by gyo531
I heard that it is still faster for K3 and K1 visa to get thier appoinment for interview afer NOA2 than to a I-130 visa?
Is this true? How many months do I have to wait now for the Visa Center do their checking and send our papers to the embassy?

do you have your packet? as far as i know, they will send you a packet first because youre on a IR visa, before they will send you a letter of appointment... just give them at least 2 weeks from the date youve got approved and your packet or interview date will be arrive there... k3 and k1 get their packet with an appointment interview date at least 2 to 3 weeks after their petition got approved. Stay cool.
Old Oct 25th 2003, 9:28 am   #3
AgnesOfGod
Forum Regular

AgnesOfGod is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: For I-130 , TIMELINE BETWEEN NOA2 TO INTERVIEW DATE?

Quote:
Originally posted by gyo531

In IR cases, can be as early as 2-4 weeks after Packet 3 received if requested by attorney and post scheduling permits; normally about 4-6 weeks. Is preference category, whether family or employment based, two months after receipt of Packet 3 if Packet 3 received by 15TH months (e.g., if Packet 3 received March 10, then interview in May).

Subscribe to this Thread