Best Places in Dubai to buy Furniture

Best Places in Dubai to buy Furniture

Old Jan 7th 2008, 6:24 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Best Places in Dubai to buy Furniture

Originally Posted by MataHari
and my isn't it cold and windy today...
I love your sense of humour...as for buying furniture, there are over a dozen cheap and cheerful furniture outlets behind Marlin Furniture opposite Zabeel Park in Karama. You can get a mahogany coffee table for Dhd150, sofa for Dhs500 and bunk beds for Dhs750 with free delivery. We use them and have had no problems to date. Why spend a fortune on furniture when many Dubai expats stay no longer than 2-3 years?
Old Jan 7th 2008, 6:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manic panic
Thanks do they do electrical at the carre four in mall of the emirates?

Is delivery and installation easy to arrange here?

They need the snow plough to clear the blue washing baskets of the roads!!
yes they have a decent range. They will deliver it and install it for you!
Old Jan 7th 2008, 6:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
I love your sense of humour...as for buying furniture, there are over a dozen cheap and cheerful furniture outlets behind Marlin Furniture opposite Zabeel Park in Karama. You can get a mahogany coffee table for Dhd150, sofa for Dhs500 and bunk beds for Dhs750 with free delivery. We use them and have had no problems to date. Why spend a fortune on furniture when many Dubai expats stay no longer than 2-3 years?
doesnt your Mrs mind sleeping in those?
Old Jan 7th 2008, 6:28 am
Just Joined

manic panic is a jewel in the roughmanic panic is a jewel in the roughmanic panic is a jewel in the roughmanic panic is a jewel in the rough

Excellent will try there then.

Just need to get there in this hurricane
Old Jan 7th 2008, 6:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks do they do electrical at the carre four in mall of the emirates?

Is delivery and installation easy to arrange here?

They need the snow plough to clear the blue washing baskets of the roads!!

Yes they have a good range there, there is also quite a good one upper floor along from Home Base after the electrical TV place, normally it will take a couple of days to deliver, depends on the brands that you choose. But don't expect everything to be delivered at once they come seperate ie Fridge one van then Cooker then Washing machine etc ...Pain in the butt
Old Jan 7th 2008, 7:03 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Most of the hypermarkets use the same wholesaler... as I discovered during Ramadan when they left out a printout of an email from said wholesaler, addressed to a@carrefour, b@geant, c@lulu, d@panda...
Old Jan 7th 2008, 7:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by typical
Most of the hypermarkets use the same wholesaler... as I discovered during Ramadan when they left out a printout of an email from said wholesaler, addressed to a@carrefour, b@geant, c@lulu, d@panda...
That may be the case but it seems that each little section delivers seperatly, unless they have managed to get their act together .... Oh my god I had to laugh at that last statement !!!!
Old Jan 7th 2008, 7:15 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
and I wasn't even being funny...
the OP asked for trendy modern furniture...I would not direct them to those places...but maybe my idea of trendy modern is different from other people...
Old Jan 7th 2008, 7:18 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paidtoplease
That may be the case but it seems that each little section delivers seperatly, unless they have managed to get their act together .... Oh my god I had to laugh at that last statement !!!!
yes you are right...they do deliver it all seperately, which comes a bit as a surprise the first time you are dealing with them...an annoying surprise
Old Jan 7th 2008, 7:19 am
Just Joined

Tenant is an unknown quantity at this point

Having been through this cycle a year ago I recommend the following:

1) Wait until the Dubai Shopping Festival if you can (a couple of weeks). On the whole the DSF isn't that great but you can pick up few good deals e.g. I got a free Bosch Washing Machine when I bought a Bosch Cooker. Another deal was 20% off in vouchers.

2) If you are going to look at Marina; check out their stores but try to buy from the Al Barsha branch (Um Sequiem Road - 5 mins from MoE). There may be room for a bit of haggling.

3) Ikea is cheaper than the UK and if you spend over around AED 2000 they deliver and fit for free. This is great and well put together.

4) I hear that there are some good places in Sharjah for wood furniture but I've never been there to check them out.

5) For Electrical Items definitely look at the Hypermarkets but look at other shops too (Jackys, Jumbo). Sometimes they have nicer stuff e.g. built in appliances.

Good luck, Tenant
Old Jan 7th 2008, 7:33 am
Just Joined

manic panic is a jewel in the roughmanic panic is a jewel in the roughmanic panic is a jewel in the roughmanic panic is a jewel in the rough

Thanks everyone,

I will prob be able to live without a dishwasher for 2 weeks but have to get fridge and cooker this week hopefully

Does anyone know if you can get eastenders on showtime tragic I know!!!!
Old Jan 7th 2008, 7:40 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

No, it's on Orbit (BBC Prime). Showtime has Corrie and Emmerdale.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 7:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks everyone,

I will prob be able to live without a dishwasher for 2 weeks but have to get fridge and cooker this week hopefully

You can download it from uknova.com.
you might have to keep trying to register though as they limit the numbers
Old Jan 7th 2008, 8:00 am
Just Joined

Thanks so am I right in thinking showtime is better than orbit and all I will be lacking is eastenders and a life!!!!
Old Jan 7th 2008, 8:25 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks so am I right in thinking showtime is better than orbit and all I will be lacking is eastenders and a life!!!!
Both fairly crap, we decided Showtime was slightly better (and good for sport).

We get most stuff from BitTorrent now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.