Parents Migration to Aussie

Old Apr 16th 2014, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

hashanr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Parents Migration to Aussie

Hello,

Me and my Sister (the only two children in the family) moved to Sydney about a month back and now we are having difficulties in taking care of our parents who are 65 and 55. Following are my questions,
  • Since both of us are in Aussie, can our parents apply for a PR to come live with us ?
  • Does any one have any content i can read up on this
  • What are the costs related in the visa process
  • Does the time period me and my sister have been at Aussie matter when it comes for the application?

Thanks in Advance
Cheers
Old Apr 16th 2014, 9:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parents Migration to Aussie

Why do your parents at such young ages as 65 and 55 need you to care for them? Are they incapacitated in some way? If so, then this would potentially be an issue in them ever getting a parent visa - as the medical needs to be passed. I am a bit puzzled by your post I have to admit, as it sounds like they need a lot of help and yet you both just left and thought about it afterwards? Or are you exaggerating your need to care for them...?

Hmm anyway putting that aside. If either you or your sister is a permanent resident, then once you have been here in Australia for two years your parents could look into applying for the parent visa. You can read about it on the usual immigration website www.immi.gov.au and use the search function to look for parent visa. The costs will be about $100k for the pair of them.