Wife and kids did not meet PR condition

Old Apr 14th 2014, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

HopeShines has a reputation beyond reputeHopeShines has a reputation beyond reputeHopeShines has a reputation beyond reputeHopeShines has a reputation beyond reputeHopeShines has a reputation beyond reputeHopeShines has a reputation beyond reputeHopeShines has a reputation beyond reputeHopeShines has a reputation beyond reputeHopeShines has a reputation beyond reputeHopeShines has a reputation beyond reputeHopeShines has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wife and kids did not meet PR condition

Hi

If me and family(wife and 2 kids) got the PR, however-after we all made the landing- I completed alone in OZ and they returned back home for 5 years for personal reasons(taking care of parents), can their PR be renewed? and what is the max period they can stay out of OZ in order to renew their PR?
Old Apr 14th 2014, 10:53 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wife and kids did not meet PR condition

Originally Posted by HopeShines
Hi

If me and family(wife and 2 kids) got the PR, however-after we all made the landing- I completed alone in OZ and they returned back home for 5 years for personal reasons(taking care of parents), can their PR be renewed? and what is the max period they can stay out of OZ in order to renew their PR?
Under the current rules, you need to spend at least 2 years out of 5 in Australia to be able to get RRV. The RRV in this case would be a 5 year one.

If you spend less time than this, you may still be able to get a 1 year RRV with ties to Australia.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 3:07 am
Forum Regular

HopeShines has a reputation beyond reputeHopeShines has a reputation beyond reputeHopeShines has a reputation beyond reputeHopeShines has a reputation beyond reputeHopeShines has a reputation beyond reputeHopeShines has a reputation beyond reputeHopeShines has a reputation beyond reputeHopeShines has a reputation beyond reputeHopeShines has a reputation beyond reputeHopeShines has a reputation beyond reputeHopeShines has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Under the current rules, you need to spend at least 2 years out of 5 in Australia to be able to get RRV. The RRV in this case would be a 5 year one.

If you spend less time than this, you may still be able to get a 1 year RRV with ties to Australia.
So it all depends on me not family, if I satisfied the RRV criteria, my family would be able to renew the PR for another 5 years even if they were still living abroad.

Pls correct me if I am wrong.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 3:19 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

So it all depends on me not family, if I satisfied the RRV criteria, my family would be able to renew the PR for another 5 years even if they were still living abroad.

Pls correct me if I am wrong.
No, they need to meet the condition - the 'you' was a general term - each individual needs to meet the requirement. Info here - https://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/155-157.aspx
Old Apr 15th 2014, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

No, they need to meet the condition - the 'you' was a general term - each individual needs to meet the requirement. Info here - https://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/155-157.aspx
So what do u say about the below info in the page?:
"•have not spent two of the last five years in Australia as a permanent resident or citizen, but are the partner or dependent family member of a person who holds a subclass 155 visa, or who has also applied for a Resident Return visa and satisfies criteria for grant."
Old Apr 15th 2014, 3:38 am

So what do u say about the below info in the page?:
"•have not spent two of the last five years in Australia as a permanent resident or citizen, but are the partner or dependent family member of a person who holds a subclass 155 visa, or who has also applied for a Resident Return visa and satisfies criteria for grant."
Yes, it is possible that your spouse and children can get an RRV on that basis.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 4:32 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

I smell a fish!!!

You and your family come to Australia on PR....then all your family return from whence you came for 5 years without you? Really?
That is either one hell of a single minded partner you have or a lack of passion in your marriage...either way, what's the point of being married to separate for 5 years?
Old Apr 15th 2014, 5:00 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldn't such a long separation ring alarm bells at DIAC?

Might they not suspect that the marriage is a sham and only exists for immigration purposes?
Old Apr 15th 2014, 5:02 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NickyC
Wouldn't such a long separation ring alarm bells at DIAC?

Might they not suspect that the marriage is a sham and only exists for immigration purposes?
lol....you think????

Maybe I am just a cynical old fart!
Old Apr 15th 2014, 5:24 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Sooo at first you didn't even want to include your wife and children on the application. Now you want them to return home immediatey after validating and not live in Aus with you.

Not making any judgments, just stating a fact....wouldn't it be easier and cheaper just to get divorced and start your new live the way you intend to continue it - alone?
Old Apr 15th 2014, 6:20 am
Social Grenade Thrower

oooh...its a soap!!!

there is background to this....do tell!
Old Apr 15th 2014, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it is possible that your spouse and children can get an RRV on that basis.
But to be clear, only a one year RRV, not a 5 year one.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by louie
But to be clear, only a one year RRV, not a 5 year one.
thanks louie
Old Apr 15th 2014, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Sooo at first you didn't even want to include your wife and children on the application. Now you want them to return home immediatey after validating and not live in Aus with you.

Not making any judgments, just stating a fact....wouldn't it be easier and cheaper just to get divorced and start your new live the way you intend to continue it - alone?
Interesting conclusions! may be bcse they were based on part of the whole story. no problem, let me explain:
I am an accountant moving with my family to a new country and an entire new life. As I noticed, accounting jobs are shrinking, I am not a CPA or CA, market is comptetive, so, can't you see that doing a one complete move with family carries lot of risk? what if I did not find a job? what if I couldn't support my family there? what would be the situation then?
On the other hand, OZ is a life option that I can not ignore compared to the circumstances of my country.
What I was thinking about is to get the PR for me and family, we all do the landing and return back, I will continue for further 2 years in my country trying to get the CPA, after that I quite my job, return back at the 3rd year trying to get a job and secure the position of my family, and I am not sure about the amount of time required to do this, in the same time they can come and visit me each year for 3/4 months. My concern is : what if they did not meet the 2 years condition before the 5 years ends up? they will lose it? can be renewed for 1 year? 5 years?

Thats it!
Old Apr 15th 2014, 11:44 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting conclusions! may be bcse they were based on part of the whole story. no problem, let me explain:
I am an accountant moving with my family to a new country and an entire new life. As I noticed, accounting jobs are shrinking, I am not a CPA or CA, market is comptetive, so, can't you see that doing a one complete move with family carries lot of risk? what if I did not find a job? what if I couldn't support my family there? what would be the situation then?
On the other hand, OZ is a life option that I can not ignore compared to the circumstances of my country.
What I was thinking about is to get the PR for me and family, we all do the landing and return back, I will continue for further 2 years in my country trying to get the CPA, after that I quite my job, return back at the 3rd year trying to get a job and secure the position of my family, and I am not sure about the amount of time required to do this, in the same time they can come and visit me each year for 3/4 months. My concern is : what if they did not meet the 2 years condition before the 5 years ends up? they will lose it? can be renewed for 1 year? 5 years?

Thats it!
As i said, no judgements We all have a different story and a different life pattern....but five years away from your family is a long time, by Australian standards. Hence my comments

I wish you luck, but I have to warn you, watch for any changes in RRV requirements - simply because living apart from your family like that is not what most Australians expect, and while it may work for you, if the rules change you may well lose out .....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.