Applying for RRV

Old Mar 28th 2014, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

quercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of light
Default Applying for RRV

My PR subclass 100 visa expires in July and I would like to apply for a 5 year RR visa. My problem is that I have been residing in UK for most of the previous 5 years. In total since the visa was granted I have been 16 months 21 days in Aus and the rest back in UK.

I had always intended to return permanently and apply for citizenship, but family reasons make that difficult, with an ailing parent and also I am about to become a grandmother.

I am now planning to head back to Aus and wondering how long I will need to reside without a break in Aus before I am eligible for the 5 year RRV.

Can anyone advise please?
Old Mar 28th 2014, 12:58 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for RRV

Originally Posted by quercus
My PR subclass 100 visa expires in July and I would like to apply for a 5 year RR visa. My problem is that I have been residing in UK for most of the previous 5 years. In total since the visa was granted I have been 16 months 21 days in Aus and the rest back in UK.

I had always intended to return permanently and apply for citizenship, but family reasons make that difficult, with an ailing parent and also I am about to become a grandmother.

I am now planning to head back to Aus and wondering how long I will need to reside without a break in Aus before I am eligible for the 5 year RRV.

Can anyone advise please?
To be eligible for a 5 year RRV you would need to have resided in Australia for 2 out of the last 5 years.
Old Mar 28th 2014, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

quercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
To be eligible for a 5 year RRV you would need to have resided in Australia for 2 out of the last 5 years.
Thanks for your rapid reply oldsparkles, less than a year then. After I applied, I guess I would have to stay until it was granted, otherwise I might be unable to return if there was a problem. Also, this might be a rule anyway, that I would have to be resident when it is granted?
Old Mar 28th 2014, 1:10 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your rapid reply oldsparkles, less than a year then. After I applied, I guess I would have to stay until it was granted, otherwise I might be unable to return if there was a problem. Also, this might be a rule anyway, that I would have to be resident when it is granted?
I don't believe that you need to be resident when it's granted (or applied for) if you satisfy the criteria. Info here - https://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/155-157.aspx
Old Mar 28th 2014, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget that time in Australia between say 4 and 5 years ago now will be more than 5 years ago in a year's time.

Also, you don't need to be in Australia when you apply as OldSparkles says, but as you can apply online and get a very quick response if you have your two years in the bag, it's not likely to be a problem staying long enough to get one in Australia if that worries you.
Old Mar 28th 2014, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

I don't believe that you need to be resident when it's granted (or applied for) if you satisfy the criteria. Info here - https://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/155-157.aspx
Thank you again and karma given! Before I go and trawl through the web site, I would like to mention that my daughter is in the same visa situation as myself, and she is about to become a mother. Her boyfriend is British and has no Aus visa. Their baby is due to arrive in May and I can't see her even considering returning to Aus before the visa runs out which is a shame. Once it has expired does she lose all hope of restoring it or could she reapply in the future?
Old Mar 28th 2014, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by louie
Don't forget that time in Australia between say 4 and 5 years ago now will be more than 5 years ago in a year's time.

Also, you don't need to be in Australia when you apply as OldSparkles says, but as you can apply online and get a very quick response if you have your two years in the bag, it's not likely to be a problem staying long enough to get one in Australia if that worries you.
Thanks Louie, you are right, the bulk of my time was between 4 and 5 years ago so I am looking at more like 2 years than one.

Thanks for your input. x
Old Mar 28th 2014, 1:50 pm

Thank you again and karma given! Before I go and trawl through the web site, I would like to mention that my daughter is in the same visa situation as myself, and she is about to become a mother. Her boyfriend is British and has no Aus visa. Their baby is due to arrive in May and I can't see her even considering returning to Aus before the visa runs out which is a shame. Once it has expired does she lose all hope of restoring it or could she reapply in the future?
If you look on the criteria given, if she has one day in Australia in the last 5 years, and shows compelling and compassionate reasons for leaving Australia she may be able to get a 157 which would be valid for 3 months.

Does her boyfriend not want to go to Australia?
Old Mar 28th 2014, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

If you look on the criteria given, if she has one day in Australia in the last 5 years, and shows compelling and compassionate reasons for leaving Australia she may be able to get a 157 which would be valid for 3 months.

Does her boyfriend not want to go to Australia?
She left with me in Aug 2009 due to my mother's poor health. I have returned to Aus 3 times since then, but due to financial constraints she has not been back at all. I was just reading the requirements on the web site and her best bet is as a participating member of the community as she went to school and also worked there. She has not got much time to get back for that 1 day in 5 years though. It might be possible but the baby will be very young.

I am sure her boyfriend would like to go to Australia, They talked about it before but have been side tracked by living for a while in Malta and they only returned a few weeks ago. The timing is looking dodgy....
Old Mar 28th 2014, 2:07 pm

She left with me in Aug 2009 due to my mother's poor health. I have returned to Aus 3 times since then, but due to financial constraints she has not been back at all. I was just reading the requirements on the web site and her best bet is as a participating member of the community as she went to school and also worked there. She has not got much time to get back for that 1 day in 5 years though. It might be possible but the baby will be very young.

I am sure her boyfriend would like to go to Australia, They talked about it before but have been side tracked by living for a while in Malta and they only returned a few weeks ago. The timing is looking dodgy....
Just had another look at the criteria for the 155 and she may get lucky. Of course the safest option is to return before the current visa runs out.
Old Mar 28th 2014, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by roaringmouse; Mar 28th 2014 at 4:47 pm. Reason: not relevant to OP
Old Apr 16th 2014, 10:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

I have just been discussing this again with my daughter who would like to return with me to Aus in July with the baby and his father. I am now wondering what the visa position would be for the baby and his father. Could he somehow apply for a visa through my daughter?
Old Apr 17th 2014, 4:54 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I have just been discussing this again with my daughter who would like to return with me to Aus in July with the baby and his father. I am now wondering what the visa position would be for the baby and his father. Could he somehow apply for a visa through my daughter?
Yes, she can sponsor him for a spouse visa, as long as they have been living together for 12 months. The baby then comes as a depdendent listed on the spouse visa application.

http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/309-100.aspx
Old Apr 17th 2014, 7:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Thank you for that information and link. In the short term would the baby and his father need tourist visas to enter with my daughter in July, as spouse visas take so long?
Old Apr 17th 2014, 3:18 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for that information and link. In the short term would the baby and his father need tourist visas to enter with my daughter in July, as spouse visas take so long?
Well yes, they could apply for tourist visas, and then apply for the onshore Spouse visa, but they should be aware that with the mum entering on a PR visa to live here, they may not be accepted into the country as tourists -thats up to Immigration on the day. If Immigration think they are entering with the intention of staying permanently they may be refused entry. Its a risk they would have to take. Equally they may be issued tourist visas stating No Further Stay, meaning they would have to leave and not apply onshore for any further visa.

I'm not saying it wouldn't work, but there's always a risk, I'd be daft not to make you aware of it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.