Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Citizenship Appointment - Could I change place to go to sit the test?

Citizenship Appointment - Could I change place to go to sit the test?

Old Mar 27th 2014, 9:20 am
Just Joined

axatag is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Citizenship Appointment - Could I change place to go to sit the test?

Hi. I just got the email and it said I have to go to Melbourne department to sit the test. But I just don't go to city often so I don't know where is the place. Could I just ring 131880 and change the palce to Dandenong department which is near to my home? Thanks.
Old Mar 27th 2014, 10:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship Appointment - Could I change place to go to sit the test?

I don't think changing location is that easy. I just googled thinking you must be four hours away but you are actually 30 minutes from the CBD. Could you not just take a map? Or book a taxi?
Old Mar 27th 2014, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship Appointment - Could I change place to go to sit the test?

It's really quite easy to get to. Trams stop quite close as it's just off a main road x
Old Mar 27th 2014, 11:52 am
Just Joined

But it's just take me 5 minutes to go to Dandenong Office. In my online application I said I referred to go to Dandenong why they didn't see that? And I live in Australia for 6 years and just went to city for 4 times. How could I find? So if I have reasonable reason they will change their decision right?
Old Mar 27th 2014, 12:51 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by axatag
Hi. I just got the email and it said I have to go to Melbourne department to sit the test. But I just don't go to city often so I don't know where is the place. Could I just ring 131880 and change the palce to Dandenong department which is near to my home? Thanks.
All you can do is ring that number and ask the question, the worse that will happen is you'll be told 'no'
Old Mar 27th 2014, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe the Dandenong Office doesn't cater for the Test - just the ceremony. As said above, give DIBP a ring and ask x
Old Mar 27th 2014, 10:47 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jilliebee
Maybe the Dandenong Office doesn't cater for the Test - just the ceremony. As said above, give DIBP a ring and ask x
Thats what I'm thinking, as its not just the online test, its also the fact you have to speak to a citizenship case officer, and they may well not have one in the Dandenong office!
Old Mar 27th 2014, 11:32 pm
Just Joined

I just came to Dandenong Office a few minutes ago and they said they did not cater for the Test anymore. SO now is my new problem how do I come to the Melbourne Office by foot as the website direction is error? Could anybody show me the way? I won't take tram just walking is ok for me. Many thanks.
Old Mar 28th 2014, 1:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Get off the train at Parliament Station. Exit onto Spring Street. Walk up the street 500m and you will come to the DIBP Building on the corner of Lonsdale Street x
Old Mar 28th 2014, 2:27 am
Just Joined

Is Parliament Station in the city loop?
Old Mar 28th 2014, 4:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by axatag
Is Parliament Station in the city loop?
Yes it is x
Old Apr 17th 2014, 6:32 am
Just Joined

I passed the test. Now I am waiting for their decision about my application. Thank you guys for helping me.