Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Is Brunel University UK recognized under subclass 476 updated list (14 feb 2014)

Is Brunel University UK recognized under subclass 476 updated list (14 feb 2014)

Old Mar 18th 2014, 11:45 pm
Just Joined

user57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Is Brunel University UK recognized under subclass 476 updated list (14 feb 2014)

Subclass 476 (Skilled - Recognized Graduate) Visas.

Could anybody tell me the meaning of this http://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/F2014L00130

Brunel is a recognized university under Washington accord. Any institution that offers an Engineering course (Bachelor-level and above) accredited under the Washington Accord now satisfies the eligibility criteria for this visa ???
Old Mar 19th 2014, 12:47 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Brunel University UK recognized under subclass 476 updated list (14 feb 2014)

Originally Posted by user57

Could anybody tell me the meaning of this http://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/F2014L00130

Brunel is a recognized university under Washington accord. Any institution that offers an Engineering course (Bachelor-level and above) accredited under the Washington Accord now satisfies the eligibility criteria for this visa ???
Looking at the 476 on skill select, Brunel isn't in the list of recognised universities - http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/476.aspx?tab=3
Old Mar 19th 2014, 12:56 am
Just Joined

user57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Is Brunel University UK recognized under subclass 476 updated list (14 feb 2014)

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Looking at the 476 on skill select, Brunel isn't in the list of recognised universities - http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/476.aspx?tab=3
can someone please explain me what is this mean
Legislative Instrument IMMI 14/010 [F2014L00130] Institutions and Disciplines for Subclass 476 Skilled – Recognised Graduate Visas (Clause 476.212) revokes IMMI 12/205
Old Mar 19th 2014, 1:57 am
BE Enthusiast

slackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Brunel University UK recognized under subclass 476 updated list (14 feb 2014)

I don't think it says that. It implies 'Any institution that offers an Engineering course accredited under the Washington Accord' AND is on the DIBP lists.
Old Mar 19th 2014, 2:18 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Legislative Instrument IMMI 14/010 [F2014L00130] Institutions and Disciplines for Subclass 476 Skilled – Recognised Graduate Visas (Clause 476.212) revokes IMMI 12/205
I wouldn't worry about this - just the list that is published on the skill select site. Else take advice from a MARA registered agent who may have access to additional information.
Old Mar 19th 2014, 2:19 am

I wouldn't worry about this - just the list that is published on the skill select site. Else take advice from a MARA registered agent who may have access to additional information.
Edit - just for info, the skill select information was reviewed on 12th March according to the page so is up to date
Old Mar 19th 2014, 3:14 am
BE Enthusiast

TeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond repute

As Sparkles says this is a recent change in the listings of the Institutions and Disciplines eligible under the 476 visa.
This latest listing made some changes and superseded the previous list as of 14 February 2014.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 6:37 am
Just Joined

shahraz is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been graduated from a university in Malaysia which is listed as Washington Accord institutions however when I check the university to get list of accredited disciplines, I can only find bachelor engineering degrees and there is no sign of Master's and PHD degrees. Does that mean that even though I receive my Master's engineering degree from one of those universities, I'm not eligible to apply for subclass 476 visa?

Thanks
Old Apr 16th 2014, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by shahraz
I've been graduated from a university in Malaysia which is listed as Washington Accord institutions however when I check the university to get list of accredited disciplines, I can only find bachelor engineering degrees and there is no sign of Master's and PHD degrees. Does that mean that even though I receive my Master's engineering degree from one of those universities, I'm not eligible to apply for subclass 476 visa?

Thanks
To qualify for that visa, you need to have completed a recognised qualification in the last 2 years. If you have done that, then check and see if that institution is on the list of those recognised. All the info is on the site, including the update now for Washington Accord - http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/476.aspx?tab=3
Old Apr 16th 2014, 8:07 am
Just Joined

shahraz is an unknown quantity at this point

To qualify for that visa, you need to have completed a recognised qualification in the last 2 years. If you have done that, then check and see if that institution is on the list of those recognised. All the info is on the site, including the update now for Washington Accord - http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/476.aspx?tab=3
I do appreciate your reply, I have read all the info from the link you provided however it is somehow ambiguous whether I am eligible or not. My institute has been listed as one of those Washington Accord, and I have completed Master of software engineering last year. Definitely it is an engineering course and my institute is regonised. the issue is from the university website, only bachelor of computer engineering is listed. So am I still eligible to apply?

here is the link I was referring to:
http://www.eac.org.my/web/document/l...0.12.2013).pdf