Spouse Visa Thread continued - 2012-2014

Old Jan 24th 2012, 1:00 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 onwards

Originally Posted by Jord w
Sorry I didn't mean I need it straight away, I meant PR instead of temp and wait 2 years until a chance of getting permanent.
No worries Just checking
Old Jan 24th 2012, 2:18 pm
Moving to Adelaide May'12

CarlyChalk is just really niceCarlyChalk is just really niceCarlyChalk is just really niceCarlyChalk is just really niceCarlyChalk is just really niceCarlyChalk is just really niceCarlyChalk is just really niceCarlyChalk is just really nice
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle

Originally Posted by mitchelley
hi i am getting very worried as i thought i had all the info ready etc for applying for the de-facto visa. but found out that the nurse who 'certified' my birth certs for the stat decs hasnt done it properly so have asked them all to do them again with police etc. But the same nurse also signed my statutory declarations. is this going to be valid. she is a qualified nurse and she signed it and also did stat dec herself. but didnt have stamp so just wrote her address on when certifying stat decs. will this be ok?? wanting to apply in 3 weeks approx xxxxx
Some of my certifications didn't have address stamps and my visa was granted. But I guess every application is different. Just letting you know what happened with mine
Old Jan 24th 2012, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

Jord w will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
No worries Just checking

Working nights this week, so my mind isn't working right I guess haha

Both 40SP and 47SP printed off let the form filling and photocopying begin
Old Jan 24th 2012, 8:52 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Partner visa after getting Citizenship by Descent

Hi,

I would like to apply for a partner visa for my fiancee once my citizenship by decent comes through. Am i eligible to do this? neither of us have been to Australia yet.

we have been together 10 years and i will start to compile as much info as i can to prove this.

thanks in advance!
I thought you were already in the process and were posting in the Spouse Visa thread?
Old Jan 24th 2012, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

Yes my Descent application was posted today, I am getting a head start with the partner visa as it seems like a long winded form and gathering evidence takes time. I posted this thread before seeing the spouse visa thread
Did try delete it but I think a moderator has to do that??
Old Jan 24th 2012, 11:43 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I would like to apply for a partner visa for my fiancee once my citizenship by decent comes through. Am i eligible to do this? neither of us have been to Australia yet.

we have been together 10 years and i will start to compile as much info as i can to prove this.
Read the Spouse/Partner migration booklet. You should show at least 3 years living together, that way she gets a permanent visa straight away and not a temporary one.

Plan on a 6-8 month processing time.

Do you have any children together?
Old Jan 25th 2012, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

I have saved that booklet thanks JAJ helpful info in that. We don't have any children together and are getting married in June. Is it worth my waiting until after that to submit the forms or shall I just inform them once we are married?
We have quite a bit of evidence from over the years, like our passports stamped from holidays together and paperwork signed at our solicitors from when we bought our 2 houses together
Old Jan 25th 2012, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

We have quite a bit of evidence from over the years, like our passports stamped from holidays together and paperwork signed at our solicitors from when we bought our 2 houses together
Yes, but do you have evidence of living together?
Old Jan 25th 2012, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

Well we have lived together for 6 years with a shared mortgage and bills in 2 property's. Getting all the paperwork will take time though :/
Old Jan 25th 2012, 12:39 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Threads merged.
Old Jan 25th 2012, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

Just had a look through both 40 and 47sp forms, they don't actually look that complicated. Loads of yes no answers, I guess the hardest part is writing about the last 10 years together! Ha
Oh and the £1350 charge
Old Jan 26th 2012, 4:14 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Just had a look through both 40 and 47sp forms, they don't actually look that complicated. Loads of yes no answers, I guess the hardest part is writing about the last 10 years together! Ha
Oh and the £1350 charge
It is very straightforward. It's a matter of remembering that there are no trick questions, if you're not sure of something just tell the truth. DIAC just want the facts, not what you think you should tell them - if that makes sense. What I'm kind of saying is don't try and second guess an answer - many people do.

With regard to the statement, the easiest way is to write it as though you are writing to a friend you've not seen for donkeys years and you're bringing them up to date with your life - missing out the 'rubbish' of course.
Old Jan 26th 2012, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

LizzieTYK is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, newbie here. I'm planning to emigrate with my australian partner of 7 years later this year so am just getting my head round all the paperwork!!

I have a question about the supporting statements from friends and family. We've been living in the UK for 6 years so all the people who could help us aren't Australian citizens! (bar one - we've got 1 australian citizen in Oz who can do a stat dec for us). The booklet says

Such statements are not statutory declarations under Australian law. However, in accordance with policy, they should be witnessed or certified according to the legal practices of the relevant country.

But what are "the legal practices" here? Do our friends need to do a stat dec, an affidavit or simply a statement of truth? What wording needs to be used?

thanks!
Old Jan 26th 2012, 6:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by LizzieTYK
Hi, newbie here. I'm planning to emigrate with my australian partner of 7 years later this year so am just getting my head round all the paperwork!!

I have a question about the supporting statements from friends and family. We've been living in the UK for 6 years so all the people who could help us aren't Australian citizens! (bar one - we've got 1 australian citizen in Oz who can do a stat dec for us). The booklet says

Such statements are not statutory declarations under Australian law. However, in accordance with policy, they should be witnessed or certified according to the legal practices of the relevant country.

But what are "the legal practices" here? Do our friends need to do a stat dec, an affidavit or simply a statement of truth? What wording needs to be used?

thanks!
Hi Lizzie

Welcome to BE. Our statements from UK family and friends were not stat decs but simply a statement saying how long they'd known us as a couple, times we'd spent together, how we presented as a couple and their take on our plans for the future. Basically showing that in their experience we are a genuine loving couple. I gave them ideas on what should be written and they then word processed them, signed, dated and provided contact details ie address, telephone and email details. Our statements from our Aussie friends and relatives were written on Form 888 and this does require to be certified along with a certified copy of passport photo page/birth certificate of the person completing the form.
Good Luck with your application! It really is straightforward if you are organised and methodical with the evidence gathering. If you've been together for 7 years you should have plenty of evidence to use.
Old Jan 26th 2012, 11:18 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

There are no legalities relating to the statements from non Australians. I wrote all 'my' statements, gave each person their own letterhead and changed the fonts. I felt bad expecting family and friends to write letters helping us to move when I knew they didn't want us to leave in the first place. Also I knew the dates and things better than they did - do you know the dates you met friends or their weddings? Just asked them to sign them.

Just simple letters; met so and so in xxxx, have done blah with them both, they appear to have a very strong relationship, look out for each other blah blah blah. Nothing major.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.