Spouse Visa Thread continued - 2012-2014

Old Jan 9th 2012, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

Green Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really nice
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 onwards

Originally Posted by dalam
Thanks for ur apply
Can she apply Partner and tourist VISA at same day?
My partner received her tourist visa in November and is applying for de facto visa in January. I expect that as long as you advise the case officer of your intentions, it shouldn't matter when you get your tourist visa approved. The most important thing is you ensure you tell your case officer that you intend to VISIT Australia (excuse the rude capitalisation) during your partner visa application process. Let them know that that you understand you have to be off shore when the visa is granted (fact) and that if they decline your partner visa application, you understand you will have to leave Australia prior to expiry of your tourist visa.
Old Jan 9th 2012, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

greenlady is just really nicegreenlady is just really nicegreenlady is just really nicegreenlady is just really nicegreenlady is just really nicegreenlady is just really nicegreenlady is just really nicegreenlady is just really nice

Originally Posted by MadMuvva
thanks Greenlady. TBH all sounds a nightmare and wondering if it right thing to do for what it will cost to go. I have loads of questions and will need to find right parts of forum for them.

Hubby applying for job offering relocation assistance but not sure how much.

ttfn.xx
Only you can decide whether it's what you want or not. For me personally I've been living in London for 12 years and I am desperate to move home to be with my family. My husband wasn't ready a few years ago but now he is, I'm grabbing it with both hands no matter the cost.
Also although we haven't got ours yet by far the biggest palaver is the initial application making sure you everything right. They took the money straight away so the expense is behind us too.
I hope you reach a happy decision whichever way good luck x

EDIT the visa cost is behind us not the cost of relocating...
Old Jan 9th 2012, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

aaronknol is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks very much for your help, greenlady. Glad to hear a police check won't be required!
Old Jan 9th 2012, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

greenlady is just really nicegreenlady is just really nicegreenlady is just really nicegreenlady is just really nicegreenlady is just really nicegreenlady is just really nicegreenlady is just really nicegreenlady is just really nice

Originally Posted by aaronknol
Thanks very much for your help, greenlady. Glad to hear a police check won't be required!
You will still need to do one as the non-australian partner, but I was told to submit the application first then the CO would request it later. Also please double check with DIAC in case I'm wrong about your original question but that's how it was for me. Hth
Old Jan 9th 2012, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

dalam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Green Grass
My partner received her tourist visa in November and is applying for de facto visa in January. I expect that as long as you advise the case officer of your intentions, it shouldn't matter when you get your tourist visa approved. The most important thing is you ensure you tell your case officer that you intend to VISIT Australia (excuse the rude capitalisation) during your partner visa application process. Let them know that that you understand you have to be off shore when the visa is granted (fact) and that if they decline your partner visa application, you understand you will have to leave Australia prior to expiry of your tourist visa.
Thanks for your suggestion
Old Jan 10th 2012, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

mike_leaving_the_uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mike_leaving_the_uk
Submitted mine in October and had a CO within the week. Medicals and police checks are all in and last week got this e-mailed to me:

Has anybody else got one of these?

Getting more and more tempting to go out on an ETA while it is finalised - good excuse to pop to NZ or Asia for a short holiday when it is finally granted.

Mike
Good News Time!!!!
Just spoken to my CO as we had planned to travel out in March regardless and nip in and out as required. She said my Visa was confirmed just not awarded and if I gave her my flight dates she would sort it so on the 1st March I am off - just need to tell work, pack up the house and all the other crap!!

Seems like they are just looking to process at a nice steady rate wouldn't want too many getting in now would we!! At least I know the civil service will remind me of home!
Old Jan 10th 2012, 4:20 pm
Sav
Just Joined

Sav will become famous soon enough

Good stuff Mike!

Mine went in in September so fingers crossed I'll get some good news soon too
Old Jan 10th 2012, 8:18 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Good News Time!!!!
Just spoken to my CO as we had planned to travel out in March regardless and nip in and out as required. She said my Visa was confirmed just not awarded and if I gave her my flight dates she would sort it so on the 1st March I am off - just need to tell work, pack up the house and all the other crap!!

Seems like they are just looking to process at a nice steady rate wouldn't want too many getting in now would we!! At least I know the civil service will remind me of home!
Trust me the Aus Public Service has more red tape than the British!!
Old Jan 10th 2012, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

Congrats Mike. Hopefully we're all not too far behind you!
Old Jan 10th 2012, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by greenlady
Only you can decide whether it's what you want or not. For me personally I've been living in London for 12 years and I am desperate to move home to be with my family. My husband wasn't ready a few years ago but now he is, I'm grabbing it with both hands no matter the cost.
Also although we haven't got ours yet by far the biggest palaver is the initial application making sure you everything right. They took the money straight away so the expense is behind us too.
I hope you reach a happy decision whichever way good luck x

EDIT the visa cost is behind us not the cost of relocating...
Hi
Thanks for your suggestions.
Is there any chance to decline Partner VISA although applicant inform the CO about staying period in Australia under tourist visa 676 and confirm him to leave australia before application approved?

Thanks
MD Alam

Last edited by dalam; Jan 10th 2012 at 9:46 pm.
Old Jan 10th 2012, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

Hi All
Good morning.
My partner and me are living separately from August 2011 as I have shifted to Syd.In case of applying partner VISA to show continuing relationship, is it require to drop mail/phone etc communication of full period of temporary separation or one/two month are quite enough to show the continuing relation?

I would like to mention we married ecah other at May 2010.

Thanks
MD Alam
Old Jan 11th 2012, 2:59 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All
Good morning.
My partner and me are living separately from August 2011 as I have shifted to Syd.In case of applying partner VISA to show continuing relationship, is it require to drop mail/phone etc communication of full period of temporary separation or one/two month are quite enough to show the continuing relation?

I would like to mention we married ecah other at May 2010.

Thanks
MD Alam
One or two a month is fine, they don't need to see everything.
Old Jan 11th 2012, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

Prudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud of

Good News Time!!!!

Yay! Congrats, Mike!
Old Jan 11th 2012, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
One or two a month is fine, they don't need to see everything.
Thanks moneypenny20 for your reply.
I have another two questions:
1. In case of fill up the form(47Sp and 40Sp),instruction to use pen.Can I computer compose the form?
2. I have a doctor advice of Australia that he support my wife's partner application as my medical condition is not good and my wife need to be with me.Is is letter help to get VISA earlier or it makes application weeker as CO will think she is persuing to make the application faster?

Thanks
Old Jan 13th 2012, 6:43 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks moneypenny20 for your reply.
I have another two questions:
1. In case of fill up the form(47Sp and 40Sp),instruction to use pen.Can I computer compose the form?
2. I have a doctor advice of Australia that he support my wife's partner application as my medical condition is not good and my wife need to be with me.Is is letter help to get VISA earlier or it makes application weeker as CO will think she is persuing to make the application faster?

Thanks
You couldn't do it by computer when I did mine. I have no idea if it's changed. If you have a medical condition, it's going to show when you do your meds. If you have any background information on it then you take that along to the meds and the Doc will attach it all to the form. If you want to include any further info to your application, you can. It's unlikely to speed anything up, regardless of length of relationship etc, they are all taking roughly the same amount of time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.