Spouse Visa Thread continued - 2012-2014

Old Jan 5th 2012, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

Green Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really nice
Default Spouse Visa Thread continued - 2012-2014

A question please on the de facto application pack I'm sending off in 2 weeks time...finally! This might seem obvious, or daft to some but what is the best way to present all the information?

I mean, do you present the pack in chronological order to the checklist they provide? In which case, the de facto relationship evidence (which is huge) comes after most other information provided but before the police certificates.

I appreciate this may sound daft, but without using staples and paper clips which they don't want, what is the best way to present the information without bits getting lost, or possibly seen.

I'm probably worrying over nothing but any advice (apart from 'get a grip ) would be helpful

Thanks

MODS NOTE - THIS IS A CONTINUATION OF THE PREVIOUS SPOUSE VISA THREAD, WHICH CAN BE FOUND HERE

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=704602

Last edited by Pollyana; Jan 17th 2013 at 9:14 am.
Old Jan 5th 2012, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

greenlady is just really nicegreenlady is just really nicegreenlady is just really nicegreenlady is just really nicegreenlady is just really nicegreenlady is just really nicegreenlady is just really nicegreenlady is just really nice
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 onwards

Green Grass - I don't think it matters that much, but I did it roughly in this order:
Covering letter
Application forms (Main applicant followed by sponsor)
Certified copies of Birth cert, passports, etc
Personal statements
Declarations on form 88 (I think or was it 888?).
A few photos copied onto 3 sheets of paper
Evidence of address and joint bills etc at the end
(we did police certificate later)

I would hope they are quite thorough and don't lose anything or fail to see anything! I doubt they would penalise you for the order but HTH anyway.

Oh and DONT forget the payment mandate! THAT's the most important bit really that went first after the covering letter.
Old Jan 6th 2012, 12:35 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Green Grass

I appreciate this may sound daft, but without using staples and paper clips which they don't want, what is the best way to present the information without bits getting lost, or possibly seen.
Nothing is likely to get lost or missed. The envelope gets opened and all the stuff inside gets scanned. Just put everything in a 'sensible' order, ie your app, your sponsors app, other official stuff, background stuff. No clips, cover sheets (other than the one at the top listing everything below it). Panic not, DIAC have done this many many times. It'll all be good.
Old Jan 6th 2012, 3:15 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Nothing is likely to get lost or missed. The envelope gets opened and all the stuff inside gets scanned. Just put everything in a 'sensible' order, ie your app, your sponsors app, other official stuff, background stuff. No clips, cover sheets (other than the one at the top listing everything below it). Panic not, DIAC have done this many many times. It'll all be good.
I think just about everybody who has ever applied for a spouse visa, myself included, has felt a bit uncomfortable sending in the application unclipped/unbound/unstapled/undivided in any way - it just goes against the natural order of things! As moneypenny says though, it is what they want and a happy DIAC is a visa granting DIAC ... I can't ever recall reading about anyone saying that x,y,z document was mislaid due to the lack of attaching devices.
Old Jan 6th 2012, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

Green Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really niceGreen Grass is just really nice

Thanks to all for your guidance and reassurance
Old Jan 6th 2012, 12:35 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
I think just about everybody who has ever applied for a spouse visa, myself included, has felt a bit uncomfortable sending in the application unclipped/unbound/unstapled/undivided in any way - it just goes against the natural order of things! As moneypenny says though, it is what they want and a happy DIAC is a visa granting DIAC ... I can't ever recall reading about anyone saying that x,y,z document was mislaid due to the lack of attaching devices.
I know I've said this before, but for the benefit of newer posters - in the days when Moneypen and I got our Spouse visas they could be issued over the counter in London. When I got mine it was granted in 40 minutes, in person, by my case officer. She told me then about the scanning, and how they really loved it when people didn't use paperclips and staples etc. i told her then that I'd pass on the info, so for anyone who is worried - please don't be, you are just making your COs day a lot easier
Old Jan 7th 2012, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

aaronknol is an unknown quantity at this point

I will be applying for partner migration through marriage. My husband (who will be my sponsor) is Australian and we have a daughter that will be an Australian citizen by the time we apply (she's currently British).

I'm unsure whether my husband will need a police check- the document checklist part of the form says:

If there is a child aged under 18 years included in the application:
  • if the sponsor has spent a total of 12 months or more in Australia since turning 16, an AFP National Police Check for the sponsor
  • police certificates from each country in which the sponsor had spent a total of 12 months or more in the last 10 years since turning 16 years of age

It's the included in application part that I'm unsure about. I will enter her details in the section about my family, so I think that means she's included?
Old Jan 7th 2012, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

MadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really nice
Smile Re: Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 onwards

Hello

i am new! My hubby is applying for a job in Oz. He is Australian and I am British. I saw it costs £1345 for a visa. Is that it or are there other costs?

Also, have been reading here about evidence? I just assumed (maybe wrongly that being married for 9yrs would be sufficient. Have I really got to dig out electricity bills and whatnot to prove we are together? Holy moly, what a carry on. I can see why they do it to prevent fraud but you'd be hard pressed to live with someone for 9 years if it wasn't genuine.

Does anyone know processing times too? Kids can get passports - is this fairly straightforward/quick too?

Thanks loads.
Old Jan 7th 2012, 2:19 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MadMuvva
Hello

i am new! My hubby is applying for a job in Oz. He is Australian and I am British. I saw it costs £1345 for a visa. Is that it or are there other costs?

Also, have been reading here about evidence? I just assumed (maybe wrongly that being married for 9yrs would be sufficient. Have I really got to dig out electricity bills and whatnot to prove we are together? Holy moly, what a carry on. I can see why they do it to prevent fraud but you'd be hard pressed to live with someone for 9 years if it wasn't genuine.

Does anyone know processing times too? Kids can get passports - is this fairly straightforward/quick too?

Thanks loads.
You need to read Booklet 1 from DIAC, that tells you all about the evidence etc.

Current visa charges are here - http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i.htm but you will also need a police check and medical.
Old Jan 7th 2012, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

greenlady is just really nicegreenlady is just really nicegreenlady is just really nicegreenlady is just really nicegreenlady is just really nicegreenlady is just really nicegreenlady is just really nicegreenlady is just really nice

Aaronknol - your situation sounds the same as mine except I am the sponsor and my husband is British we have a 21 month old daughter. She now has Australian (and British) citizenship and she is NOT included in the application because she is Australian anyway. So you don't have to worry about that bit - I was confused when I read that bit too. I think it's only for non- Australian children.

Madmuvva - we just did the medical and it was £270, so bear that expense in mind. There's also the cost of certifying documents if you don't know anyone who can do that for you. Postage, photocopying etc.
The chIlds passport isn't too bad but also costs about £80 I think. We got my daughters passport really quickly about 3 days after we put the application but I think they tell you 10 days. Also re evidence - I agree I've been married 6 years but together for 12. You still have to submit evidence to show you live together but I imagine they just need to tick all the boxes as such but I would think your application is one of the straight forward ones.
Old Jan 7th 2012, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

Ps the current timeline they advise is 6 months for the partner visa. It's no quicker if you've been married for ages I don't think, but I'll let you know if we get a pleasant surprise!
Old Jan 9th 2012, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

dalam is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All
My partner will apply for 676 Visit after spouse visa 309 applyed to visit me here in australia before approving spouse visa.Is there any problem to do so?

Thanks
Old Jan 9th 2012, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

Prudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud of

Hi dalam,

As far as I know, there is no problem with applying for the tourist visa after applying for the partner visa. However, your partner must let the case officer responsible for the partner visa know what his/her plans are. I imagine that there will be a section on the 676 form to declare if the applicant knows anyone in Australia, in which case s/he would have to declare you. It's then up to DIAC to decide whether or not to grant the tourist visa, which may go either way if your partner is from a high risk country and they think there is a risk of overstaying the visa. Your partner would have to be offshore when the spouse visa is granted.

Hope that's some help.
Pru.
Old Jan 9th 2012, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

MadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really nice

thanks Greenlady. TBH all sounds a nightmare and wondering if it right thing to do for what it will cost to go. I have loads of questions and will need to find right parts of forum for them.

Hubby applying for job offering relocation assistance but not sure how much.

ttfn.xx
Old Jan 9th 2012, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

dalam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Prudi
Hi dalam,

As far as I know, there is no problem with applying for the tourist visa after applying for the partner visa. However, your partner must let the case officer responsible for the partner visa know what his/her plans are. I imagine that there will be a section on the 676 form to declare if the applicant knows anyone in Australia, in which case s/he would have to declare you. It's then up to DIAC to decide whether or not to grant the tourist visa, which may go either way if your partner is from a high risk country and they think there is a risk of overstaying the visa. Your partner would have to be offshore when the spouse visa is granted.

Hope that's some help.
Pru.
Thanks for ur apply
Can she apply Partner and tourist VISA at same day?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.